Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter I

This story is about a boy who becomes the Prince of the underwater Atlantis. He goes on a journey to prove he can be the next Prince and faces many dangers as a merboy, only fourteen years old.

Chapter 1 - Chapter I

Chapter 1 - Chapter I


Chapter I

I had decided to take along the shores of the beach. It was that time that I got out for an hour, alone. Now, mind you, never do such a thing. I was walking in a t-shirt and shorts, my sandals were inside and my feet were bare. I had brown hair and hazel eyes. I was five foot five inches and I was slightly muscular and I am fourteen. I had walked to the point where the water was level with my ankles.

Then, suddenly, a hand grabbed my foot and pulled me under. I was brought out into the large open water where it was blue and you could see around, I would have except for my sensitive eyes. And then, I opened them and no pain rose. I could see perfectly as if I were in air. I then saw a girl swimming in the middle of the water. I gasped for air but noticed I hadn't need to. I had gills! Behind my ears and on the side of my neck were vent-like gills that water passed in and out of which extracted oxygen from it.

I then noticed that the girl was a mermaid! She had sparkling silver scales and her silver hair fluttered through the water. She wore a shiny shell bra and two shell earrings made of gold and pearl.

I then noticed my pants were off. My underwear was ripping as my legs glued together. Then, my feet combined and came to a point. Two long blue fins grew from each side. Blue scales covered my lower half and I felt a dorsal fin grow from my mid-lower back. It was the sign of the male mer-person. My ears pointed and my fingers webbed. The girl approached me and struck my lips with her own, giving me a passionate kiss. She was beautiful and then I noticed the tiara upon her head. She was the princess of the mer-people.

“Hello, Alex. My name is Ralona, princess of Atlantis. I've been watching you from a distance and I have chosen you.”

I opened my mouth and water rushed in, but sound was still projecting through. “Chosen for what; I never wanted this?”

“I have chosen you as my mate. You will be crowned prince and will become king later. The previous prince, my brother, was killed and I was sent to find a new prince.”

“But what if I don't want to be king, or a prince, or a merman for that matter?”

“You do not have a choice. If you refuse, you will be killed. You'll see Alex, you'll adapt all the same. You'll learn to love it.” I shrugged and then sighed as she led me back to the kingdom. Instantly, I was cheered and praised by the citizens of Atlantis as I “walked” through the front gate. Two large guards came over and led the princess and me into the large throne room of the palace.

The palace was made of enormous blue slabs of an unknown substance. Its gates were made of teal green alloys and the windows of forest green glass. The inside was made of great halls filled with tables and food and riches. Many picture hung on the wall and the suits of armor glistened as we swam by.

We entered the throne room where the queen and king “sat” on their thrones. A long red carpet led to their position and the carpet, on both sides, was surrounded by guards. They were bulky men that barred a long two-pronged spear and a steel oval shield. They wore a helmet of steel that had the Atlantean seal embedded into it. They also wore a piece of chest armor that also had the crest.

The two of us bowed and Ralona took her seat next to her mother. They looked at me and turned to their daughter. “So this is your new mate and soon to be prince? This is your choice?” the king stated.

“Yes father. This is my choice. I love him, he's perfect.” She stated this with true passion.

The king then turned to Alex, “What is your name?”

“Alex, your highness.”

“And where do you come from boy?”

“The United States, sir.”

“A human!” the king roared. He turned to Ralona and screamed, “You want a human to be a prince? He knows nothing of our ways or even of us until you brought this mortal here.”

“You mean you're immortal?” Alex exclaimed.

“Yes human; now silence!” the king ordered.

“Father, I have chosen him and you can't change that. He is already one of us, please father.” He thought about it for a moment and then agreed.

“Then you will have to teach him everything about our world. Prince Alex, excuse me for my rudeness. I am King Jupiter. Now you will be crowned first thing tomorrow, at dawn. Now Ralona, take the Prince to his quarters.” He waved us away and we went to a large room, slightly smaller than the throne room. It was covered in a teal green color and it was decorated with many gold and silver shells. There was a small chest on the dresser that was made of gold, turquoise, and jade. It had a small key hole in it and it shimmered in the light of the sun that shined through the window.

“This was Prince Ertos' room, my brother. There's his bed, closet, dresser, nightstands, and his golden treasure box. He had the key with him when he died so no once can open it. It is enchanted and only the key opens it.” A small tear appeared in her eye at the thought of her brother. I swam over to her and surprised her with an embrace that she returned.

“It's okay…everything will be okay.” I whispered into her ear. She squeezed me a little tighter and she left the room, crying. I closed the door and looked around. The room was enormous and it was very bright from the sun. I opened the closet and inside hung several garments. One was a white silk and had gold embedded into it. Another was emerald green with black diagonal stripes going down it. And then, there was one that was wavy and cream color that had gold all over it and red rubies embedded into it as well. The cuffs were embedded with a fancy gold pattern and down the middle of it as well. I pulled it out and put the beautiful shirt on. It was very comfortable and it fit just right. I buttoned the six buttons and looked at my reflection in the mirror. It looked great and went with my blue fins. The other thing I noticed and realized about the other shirts was that there was a perfect hole in the back of the shirt where my dorsal fin fitted through. It fed it through and I thought to myself, I can't believe this is happening. I am a merboy that is going to be crowned prince and I am going to be king of Atlantis. But the best of all…I'm going to marry a beautiful girl. I put the shirt back and checked out the dresser doors. There were other less casual pieces of clothing in there so I slipped on a light blue t-shirt. It had the crest of Atlantis where a left pocket would be in gold and the back of it had the symbol of a dolphin. I lie down on the bed on my stomach and fell asleep.

I dreamt that I was swimming and swimming away from a monstrous shark that had blood stained teeth and three jaws. It finally caught up to me and right before its lower jaw snapped down on my fin, I woke up…


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Brodstar5 on April 7, 2007, 3:16:56 PM

Brodstar5 on
Brodstar5this is soooooo good! u hafta continue it!