Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter II

This story is about a boy who becomes the Prince of the underwater Atlantis. He goes on a journey to prove he can be the next Prince and faces many dangers as a merboy, only fourteen years old.

Chapter 2 - Chapter II

Chapter 2 - Chapter II


Chapter II

“Ahh!” I screamed as I woke. That nightmare had scared me badly and my fears of the deep oceans were coming back. When I played his video games and I had to go into the water, I always feared that I was going to be eaten by a shark some sea-monster.

I then realized that it was just a dream, but not my mer-ness. I was still a merboy and would remain that way. I got up and swam out of my room. I entered the Great Hall that was similar to the throne room except much bigger and more guest appealing. I turned left and I got to a hallway of rooms. I then saw one room with valiant silver doors with pink diamonds in them. I knocked and there was no answer. I started to open the door when Ralona came around the corner.

“There you are…I've been looking for you. It's time for your first lesson. And I see you found my brother's wardrobe.” She smiled and led me to the courtyard. “Okay, first, you need to know the history and other stuff about the water-world.” She pulled up two chairs and we took their seats. “There are four kingdoms of the seas. There is one located in each ocean. In the Atlantic, there is Atlantis, home of the whales. In the Pacific, there is Artatis, home of the great white sharks. In the Indian, there is Altor, home of the hammer head sharks. And in the Arctic, there is Alura, home of the dolphins.”

“Wait a minute, why are they home to a specific animal?” Alex questioned.

“Because each kingdom's people can turn into that animal. It was a gift from Oceanus and he created the four kingdoms. Now, I don't know what you are since you were turned, not born. But we'll find out in a minute won't we?” She smiled at him and he looked at her, puzzled.

“Now, you're going to think about the Greek Titan Oceanus and his appearance. He has blue scale, humanoid-like, a thin two-piece black mustache, dragon-like ears, a goatee, and sharp fins for hair. Once you create that picture in your head, you will begin to morph into your designated animal.”

I thought of the image and realized it was the image of the Age of Mythology version of Oceanus. I created the picture in my head and I noticed a tingly-ness in my webbed hands. I opened my eyes and I looked down at my hands. They were melding together smoothly and my arms were shortening. I was losing my scales and my fins became as thick as the root. My tail shortened a tad and I became shorter. I thickened and I became slick and grey. All of my human features disappeared as my head shaped into a dolphin's. I was a dolphin! First a merboy and now a dolphin. This couldn't get any weirder. I cackled away and did a few underwater tricks.

“You're a natural Alex…though; you're not what I hoped you'd be. I was hoping you were a whale but that's okay. When a baby is born it takes only one animal, not cross them. To turn back, imagine yourself again.”

I formed myself in my head and I reverted, scales and all. “That was so cool. And what did you mean by baby?” I looked at her, hoping she wouldn't say what I think she was going to say.

“Well silly, we are going to have to have a baby…after daddy dies you'll become king and we need a prince or princess, simple as that.” She smiled and she went on with the history and the geography of the underwaters.

An hour later, I was alone again in my room, reading a book about the creation of Atlantis and Oceanus. He was their only god, they did not believe in the Hebrew God or any of the other Greek titans. They believed in only Oceanus. Now, I was not about to convert to the Atlantean religion nor was I going to stop believing in God. I would remain a Lutheran and still believe in Jesus Christ. The only problem was I didn't have a bible or any place to go to church. I would just have to make a small shrine in my room and stick with that.

Their “bible” was very interesting. It told of the creation of the planet and how those who were underwater were the divine and those who were amongst the land were cursed. Oceanus was also the controller of the planet and its weather. He also made the first two mermen out of his own image. There were many parables and hymns in the book in the Atlantean language. They called their language Keavotos which they had all of their sermons in. Religion was a really big factor for the Atlanteans and everyone attended service on the eight day of every week. Their weeks were made up of nine days and seven months. They had no prophets or super divine people in their bible, only a hero in their only epic. His name was Anstiss, which was Greek for resurrected. He embarked on a journey to free Atlantis from the power of the Artisians which was under the rule of King Deraalloth, a great white shark.

I put the book down and read up on another book I found. It was on the three other kingdoms.



The next day I found myself in an unknown place in the palace. It was a room with blood-stained walls and some ancient paintings of past battles. There were also primeval weapons and guards (helmets, chest plates, etc.). Under each of the paintings were captions and it told of many bloody battles and other gory scenes. He read them all and studied each of the pictures, seeing if I could figure out any of their hidden meanings. I interpreted one of them until a servant entered the room. He shooed me away and I tried to make my way to the gates of the palace but it seemed as if I was lost. I ended up making my way to the grand dining room which was full of silver dishes and platters. The normal meals consisted of every kind of seafood you can think of. And what's worse is seafood is my least favorite food.

Over the next few days Ralona taught me many more things about her world. After a month had gone by, I had learned everything I needed to know about the underwaters. And after that month, I noticed some things about myself that were different. My lower triceps had turned into a light light blue color. Also, he skin had become scales. Two small fins had grown from my elbows and my ears were now different. My ears had become a light blue as well and they had grown back and had become fin like. They were dragon-like in a way as well. I knew that I was becoming a real merboy like everyone else; it was just taking some time.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

DungeonsAndDragonsFreak on March 4, 2005, 12:14:11 PM

DungeonsAndDragonsFreak on
DungeonsAndDragonsFreakGood Story ^-^ I think you should add more to it. Your a great writer.