Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - First Theft

When a theif meets a spy, what's the worse that could happen?

Chapter 1 - First Theft

Chapter 1 - First Theft


Thief's Life

Ch.1 First Theft

Hey everyone! This is something I thought up one afternoon. It's based off me and my real neopets. Okay, let's begin!



“Target is in sight,” Said a red Kougra into a tiny microphone.

“Roger that Aurora,” Replied the voice on the other end.

“Don't say my real name!” the Kougra hissed into the mike.

“I'm your mom! I will call you what I want!”

“Why didn't you send erick for this?”

“Because I sent you! Now do your job!”

“Ugh. Whatever,” sighed Aurora_1234551. She sighed again as she traversed up Terror Mountain dressed in a white parka.

Flashback…

Why white?” she had asked.

“You can't go on a snowy mountain wearing your standard black thieving gear. Major duh, dear,” said her mother.

“Why are we the only family who has to go through this?”

“Because then we'd be like everyone else,” smirked her mother.

End Flashback…

“Brrr… Why must I go to Terror Mountain?” she wondered aloud as she shook off some snow. She hated this weather. `What's the point of this anyway? She makes it sound like we've actually done this before… First shot at this thieving thing' “Thanks a lot mom!” she yelled to the emptiness.

She dug her claws into the loose snow. Almost there. She heaved herself to the top of the mountain, claws scrabbling at the edge. “Great idea mom. Don't take the normal path because you might be seen. Climb up the mountain side instead! Frickin'…” she mumbled. There was her target. The Snow Faerie's house. “Oh, please. Who would steal from a faerie?”

Flashback…

“We would! Faeries beware!” had declared her mother several hours before.

End Flashback…

Meanwhile on a cliff above Aurora…

“This is a daring one,” says a shadow Kougra.

“You sound like you admire her,” says a green Xweetok.

“She is quite cute isn't she?” the Kougra grinned back.

“You great idiot, she could be working against us!”

“You heard her. Her mother sent her to do this. She complains too much to be professionally trained,”

“It could be a ruse if others are watching,”

“You seriously are too paranoid, Flickertail,”

“You're too laid back! How are you even a spy? Shadowpaw, I swear, you have got to be the strangest spy I've ever met,”

“Heh heh!” snickered Shadowpaw.

Meanwhile below…

“Okay. Let's go Aurora!” She used her claw to carve a thin-lined circle in a window of Taelia's house. She carefully pushed out the glass and caught it in her paws. Today was her lucky day. Taelia was out gathering herbs and doing whatever faeries do. She glanced around the room. Where was that stupid thing her mom wanted her to steal? She spied Taelia's jewelry box. `Almost too easy,' she almost pulled herself through the window when she remembered what her mom said.

Flashback…

“Beware traps! I mean it too Aurora! You have a tendency to get in trouble because you can't get it through your thick head to listen to my advice!” her mom had then given her a lecture on how to avoid traps.

End Flashback…

She dropped the glass circle she now held and started spraying a mist from a bottle revealing laser tripwires. Using her reflexes she easily slinks and slips through the wires. She reaches the jewelry box, opens it and grabs a pair of earrings. She turns around to see that Taelia has returned.

“Well, well. Look what we have here. A little thief,” she said. “I do hope you know what we do to thieves,”

“Isn't my fault I'm here. Now, if you excuse me, I must be going,” replied Aurora as she dashed for the window. Taelia sent bolts of ice after her each one closer than the last. She managed to hit Aurora's tail as she dove out the window. Ignoring her frozen tail Aurora dashed down the mountain.

Meanwhile…

“It looks like she could use some assistance, eh Flickertail?”

“Yes but- What if she,” It was too late though because Shadowpaw had already leaped down and was dashing towards her.

Meanwhile with Aurora…

“Where the heck is erick?!” yelled Aurora as she sped down the mountain, Taelia close behind. The faerie shot bolt after bolt of ice at her. By now more had made their mark and along with her tail, her right forepaw, and her left back foot were covered in ice.

“Try to escape this!” yelled Taelia as she used ice to create a cage around Aurora. She was trapped with nowhere to go. Suddenly, a black blur broke through the cage and grabbed Aurora.

“Hello my dear lady. Shall we go?” asked the figure. Aurora, too stunned to speak, nodded. Taelia was trying to asses the situation. But, before she realized what had happened the two were already gone.

Shortly after…

“We'll have to fix those paws of yours,” said the dark figure. He took a deep breath and said, “Magic Torch!” His body started to glow with an orange light and a small flame danced on his paw. He ran the flame over her frozen feet and tail and the ice melted. Aurora looked into her rescuer's face. A shadow Kougra grinned back at her. She blushed, hoping her red fur would prevent him from seeing her sudden blush. “Now… Where do you live?” he asked her.

“Huh?”

“I'll take you home,”

“Uh…Okay. Hey, what's your name?”

“I am… Shadowpaw,”

“My name's Aurora,”

“Pleasure meeting you querida,”

“Huh?”

“It's nothing,” he said with a grin.

“It is something! Tell me now!” she grabbed him by his neck.

“Grumpy much?”

“I can't help it! I have Neomonia!”

“And your mom sent you anyway?”

“Well, my sister had it and it went away by itself… I guess she thought it would go away by itself-Hey! How do you know mom sent me here?!”

“It wasn't hard to hear you complaining all the way up the mountain,”

“Oh,”

“Let's go querida,” he said as he walked out of the cave. Aurora followed him closely. After a while of silence Aurora asked, “What does that word mean?”

“Huh?”

“Querida,”

“Do you really need to know?”

“Yes,”

“Well… Too bad!” he yelled as he dashed off, kicking up snow.

“Hey!” she yelled as she ran after him. She tackled him and they rolled through the snow together. They giggled and play lunged at each other. They finally reached Happy Valley. Aurora wrapped her paws around his neck and licked his head. They stepped onto the ferry that was heading to Neopia central. And then as she was snuggling up against her new found friend as they sat on the deck she found out where erick was. “Uh, oh…”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment