Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Ch.2 Theft of the Heart

When a theif meets a spy, what's the worse that could happen?

Chapter 2 - Ch.2 Theft of the Heart

Chapter 2 - Ch.2 Theft of the Heart


Ch.2 Theft of the Heart

Here's chapter two! ^_^ Warning: Fluffiness alert!

“What are you doing here erick?!” Aurora gasped as she leaped up. “I was supposed to pick you up after the mission remember?” her blue Eyrie brother asked.

“Oh yeah. Oops,”

“Oops! That's all you have to say? Mom thought you had been captured!”

“Well I didn't see you rushing to save me when Taelia attacked!”

“I uh… Uh… Okay, so I didn't save you! I was waiting for you next to the Advent Calendar! What's up with pretty boy anyway?” he yelled as he jerked a talon in Shadowpaw's direction.

“He saved my life, unlike a certain Eyrie I know!” she screamed back. It was becoming a real scene now. Ferry riders stared openly at the arguing Neopets. Shadowpaw shot them a look that said `mind your own business' and continued to watch the two.

“He probably just wants to get with you! I saw him trying to cuddle up next to you! I don't like him!”

“Have you considered he might have wanted to be my friend?”

“No, and I refuse to!”

“Hey, leave Shadow-kun alone! Stop being so overprotective little brother,” she said with a bit of venom. Shadowpaw just gaped at Aurora. This was the first time anyone had ever stood up for him. Aurora's brother noticed him and pointed a talon at him. “Stay away from my sister! Got that?” Shadowpaw smirked at him. “You think I'd let someone so cute and sweet get away? You're 100% wrong,” and just to piss him off added “Brother-in-law,”. Aurora looked between the two of them confused. Shadowpaw put his paw around his shoulder and intertwined her tail with his. “Don't you dare!” yelled erick. “I have no idea what you're talking about,” he said innocently with a smile. He licked the side of Aurora's face. “Get away from my sister!” erick screeched as he swung his claws at Shadowpaw. “Why should I?” he taunted giving Aurora's face another lick.

The boat shook as it hit shore in Neopia Central. Shadowpaw grabbed Aurora, heaved her onto his back, and made a mad dash to the shore. “Tell me when we reach your house!” he yelled over the wind sheer. Above erick glided barely keeping up with Shadowpaw's quick pace. Aurora gripped Shadowpaw feeling something strange. It wasn't the Neomonia it was something else. She couldn't quite put her paw on it. Her heart was racing, her paws were sweating and she never wanted this moment to end. She looked at the houses and tapped his back when she saw hers. Shadowpaw skidded to a halt and walked her to the door.

Aurora's Floud Heaven Sent rushed out to greet her. As the Floud fondly nuzzled its owner, the rest of the family ran out of the house. “Brace yourself Shadow-kun,” she mumbled to him. Aurora's mom, smbreedlove4 (a.k.a myself), tackled Aurora and pulled her into a hug.

“You're okay!” she squealed. Then she looked at Shadowpaw.

“Um… Hi?” he replied uncertain.

“You can date her as long as you bring her home before 11,”

“What! Mom, you can't let this guy date her!” erick yelled as he landed.

“Aurora has a boyfriend! Aurora has a boyfriend!” chirped Sleek448_2004, who was a blue Pteri.

“Shut it pipsqueak!” snarled her brother cool_shark18 a blue Jetsam.

“He's not my boyfriend!” yelled Aurora.

“What in Neopia is going on?” asked Shadowpaw.

“Typical behavior of my family,” replied Aurora.

“Ah. I see,”

“Yeah…”

Between the all the screaming there was one moment in which everything seemed perfect. “I'll see you later querida,” said Shadowpaw. “You're leaving? But why?” asked Aurora. “I just do,” was the reply as he turned and disappeared into the shadows. Aurora turned back to her screaming family and thought of things to come.

Sometime later at Aurora's house…

“Hey mom, you're lingually inclined right?” asked Aurora. “Yes dear. How many times do I have to tell you, I can insult people in four different languages and flip them off in five? Why?” “What does querida mean?” “It means sweetheart in Spanish, Auro-chan. Why?” “No reason,”

“You're late Shadowpaw,” an Island Zafara tapped its foot angrily.

“I met a cute girl today. Saved her life, argued with her brother, and took her home. Gimmie some slack,”

“You don't need a girlfriend! You don't need anyone else! You only need your job! You are a spy! Remember that!” barked the Zafara.

“For someone painted so cheerfully, you sure are lame. Leave me alone!” snapped Shadowpaw.

As he walked into his room, his black Wadjet wrapped itself around his neck. “Hey Highkick,” sighed Shadowpaw. “She's got to be the greatest girl I've ever met… Not that I've met a lot of girls outside of the ones at the academy… Oh, man… I'm in deep this time… I don't know how to talk to a girl,” he said while lying down on a black bed. The Wadjet around his neck shivered. “That's how she makes me feels… Warm, yet I feel shivers running down my spine every time I hear her voice. Her eyes glow beautiful gold and her red fur is so beautiful. She's gentle, yet ferocious and has a heart as golden as her eyes. Her name is wonderful too… Aurora… I'd do anything to be with her and I'd do anything for her! That's it,” he said as he leaped from his bed and stretched. “We're going to pay someone a little visit…”

Meanwhile in Aurora's room…

The red Kougra stretched lazily as she turned on her blue beanbag chair. She couldn't sleep. All she could think of was Shadowpaw. How his fur glinted in the moonlight and reflected in his eyes. How cute they might look together as a couple. She blushed as she imagined these thoughts. A tiny clink woke her from her dreaming. Clink. Clink. Clink. Clink. CRASH! Aurora jumped as a brick flies into her room through her holly stained glass window. “Hey! You trying to kill me?” She yelled out of the broken window. “No. Just trying to wake you up,” replied the voice outside.

“Shadow-kun? What are you doing here?”

“To see you of course,”

“Are you crazy? You could've woken up the entire house!” Aurora pulled out the window and stuck out her head.

“Maybe I am. Who can say for sure?”

“I'm pretty sure that I can. Why'd you want to see me?”

“To visit the prettiest girl in all of Neopia of course,” he said with a grin.

“Liar,” she blushed.

“No I'm not,” His eyes told he was serious but they also had a playful glint. Aurora pulled herself through the window to sit next to him.

“The thing is… I um…” Shadowpaw mumbled while twiddling his paws.

“Huh? Are you feeling okay? Do you need medicine or something?”

“There's only one medicine that can cure my illness. Thing is, that I'm afraid to take it,”

“Is it in a shot? I hate shots too…”

“No, it's not a shot…”

“It's not? What is it?”

“This,” he said and then leaned in and kissed Aurora. Aurora's ears flicked back in surprise, then she relaxed and kissed him back. He inhaled her scent. She smelled a little earthy with just a hint of honey. `This is the best day of my life…' he thought. Aurora was thinking the same thing.

In a tree nearby…

“Oh my. This could be a problem,”

“You are correct sir. He has no idea what he's getting into. Why must it always be our good spies? Do you think you could fix this?”

“I'm the CEO of the world's biggest spy organization. I'm sure I can set him straight,”

“Yes sir. Might I request that we leave?”

“Fine. Why on Neopia did father leave me with all this useless spies?”

“…”

“We're leaving!”

Back to S&A…

Shadowpaw broke off this kiss and cuddled up next to his new girlfriend. “The stars look amazing…” sighed Aurora. “You look more wonderful than any of them…” replied the shadow Kougra. Aurora purred and rubbed up against Shadowpaw. She laid her head on her paws and went to sleep. Shadowpaw laid his head on hers and went to sleep also.

The next morning…

“Morning cutie…” he said as he nudged Aurora. Or so he thought. “I thought I told you to stay away from my sister!” “I have no idea what you're talking about,” he smirked.

“Don't lie! I saw you kiss her!”

“Do you have proof of this accusation?” erick then held up a picture of Aurora and Shadowpaw kissing. “Crud.”

“I should kill you!”

“I'd like to see you try,”

“Knock it off you two!” yelled Aurora.

“Would you all just SHUT UP! Aurora has the right to date whoever she wants and erick you're being overprotective! Aurora and Shadowpaw! Go on a date now!”

“Yes!” yelled Aurora and Shadowpaw. They decide to go to Mystery Island. And so the adventure began…

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YamiTenshi on December 28, 2005, 10:59:10 AM

YamiTenshi on
YamiTenshi*blink* that comment definately deserves to go on my 'nicest comments I've ever gotten list' Um... Wow... Thanks

Rioki_Lilac on December 25, 2005, 1:29:55 PM

Rioki_Lilac on
Rioki_Lilacit dont suck, it rocks! i wish i could write stories. i couldn't write a good story to save my own shootty @$$. and its pretty brave of you to give away your username. here's mine: shadowlover183, pets are Lyntarita the red Ixi, and her sister Reilantha the red Xweetok.

YamiTenshi on December 18, 2005, 8:42:23 AM

YamiTenshi on
YamiTenshiYeah, I know I suck at romance. Feel free to say it sucks. Don't flame me, but feel free to say it sucks