Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Priestess Kinomoshita

Ish a story I did for school... sueno-y-muere ish making me post it -.-

please read ^^;

Chapter 1 - Priestess Kinomoshita

Chapter 1 - Priestess Kinomoshita




Once upon a time, in ancient Feudal Japan, lived seventeen-year-old Sai Sumeragi and his fourteen-year-old brother, Yen. The two lived in the small village of Higura alone, with only their ninja friend, Kikashi to accompany them. Kikashi had sworn to Sai's now deceased parents that he would protect the two for as long as they or he lived. Especially Yen, who had had a bad eye condition since youth, and had eventually went blind.

Pulling his long messy black hair into a low ponytail, Sai stepped outside of his small house.

“You ready?” Sai turned his attention towards the far left of him, where the voice had come from. Realizing it was Kikashi, he put his attention back to his younger brother, whom was behind him.

“Yeah… I am ready. Yen?”

“Uh-huh…” Yen nodded, not knowing if his brother could see him or not.

The three had decided to travel to the village of Kinomoshoota, a much larger village than their own. The village had been named after the high priestess, Hakiru Kinomishoota. She was said to be one of the most powerful priestess in feudal Japan. They were to kindly ask the priestess to give Yen his sight back, and then they would be on their way. They planned to do just that. Well, Sai did at least.

Red eyes, which belonged to Kikashi, scanned their small village before nodding and taking his leave, with Yen and Sai following. The three encountered many enemies from their rival village on the way, but easily took care of them. Of course Kikashi was a top level ninja, so they were no big deal to him. Kikashi and Sai's father had trained Sai when he was younger. His father was a respectful Samurai, so Sai was good with weapons such as katana's and such. In addition, Yen, had incredibly strong senses (excluding sight), so he was able to battle, even if blind. He was quite strong for a fourteen-year-old.

Finally arriving at the shrine in Kinomishoota, Kikashi swiftly pulled Sai back for a quick talk.

“What do you plan on giving the high priestess anyway?”

“I have to… give her something? Nani? (What?)

“You cannot expect to just walk up to her, ask for Yen's vision back, and be on your way,”

“I can't?” Sai asked, looking slightly indignant.

“No! You either have to give her something in return, or show her you are worthy enough for the request. You have to show her you really want this. So, what will you do?”

“I think I will leave that up to the high priestess herself,” Sai replied, slightly smirking.

“Very well then,” he stated before taking the lead into the shrine. The guards respectively walked them up to Hakiru. The three bowed before the priestess, who stood attentively before them.

“What do ask of me?”

Sai slowly placed his eyes on the beautiful priestess before him. She possessed beautiful golden eyes, and ankle length ebony hair. “It is my brother. He is blind. The three of us came here in hope that you would grant us one wish,”

“And that is?” She asked, slightly impatient.

“For you to give my brother's vision back,”

“I see,” she nodded and took a few steps back. “Stand for me. All three of you,” the three did as told and stayed silent for further instructions. “Sai… that is your name, right?” Sai nodded, wondering how she had known. “Of course. I am guessing that the handsome red-head is your brother?”

“Hai, Kinomoshoota-san ( Yes, Ms. Kinomoshoota). He is my brother,”

“He came with you, you say? OF course you have had to encounter some type of… battles on the way here. Japan is never a safe place anymore,”

“Indeed we did,” Kikashi spoke.

“Did the young one here fight?”

“Hai. We all did,”

“I see… your brother has abnormally strong senses does he not?”

“Yes… he does. With all due respect Kinomoshoota-san... but why all of the questions?”

“It seems to me your brother does not need his sight, and his probably better off without it,”

“What makes you think that?”

“Watch,” she simply demanded. “What is your brother's name?”

“Yen,”

“Arigatou gozaimasu (Thank you very much). Yen… would come here for a second?” Nodding, Yen slowly made his way over to the priestess. “You see boys. Although your brother may lack in sight, his strong senses make up for that. He has never set foot in this castle, yet he knew exactly were to go to find me.

“Take a look at your brother, Sai. Just because he is blind… does not mean he cannot see,”

“Pardon?”

“I mean that he may be blind, but he can still visualize his surroundings with his senses alone. That is sight enough,” Dismissing the three, Yen walked back over to Sai and Kikashi, who took another last look at the priestess.

“So… I take it you are not going to grant us our wish and give him back his sight,”

“Iie(No). He does not need it. But in a way… Yen himself has already granted your wish,” both Sai and Kikashi smiled, and whispered a quick arigatou (thank you) before taking their leave with a not-so blind Yen.








Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sueno-y-muere on July 31, 2005, 3:02:58 AM

sueno-y-muere on
sueno-y-muereI LOVE THIS STORY!!!! It is so awesome!!!! Ahahahhahaha arent u glad that i am demanding!!! ahahh love it!!!!