Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Walking Home--Part I--Eddy’s Accident and Catty Plank

Summary: An Ed, Edd, ‘n’ Eddy/Sailor Moon crossover. Takes place after the final episode of Season 5 and after Sailor Stars in the Manga. Spoilers from Season 5’s last episode and from Sailor Stars!!!

Chapter 4 - Walking Home--Part I--Eddy’s Accident and Catty Plank

Chapter 4 - Walking Home--Part I--Eddy’s Accident and Catty Plank
Chapter 4: Walking Home--Part I--Eddy’s Accident and Plank Turns Catty

It was now 12:00pm here in the county of Savannah as we come upon the site of the latest youma attack at Peach Creek Jr. High. The students there were in the class that was attacked were told that they were not coming back to school until the repair to their classroom was done.

It would take about six weeks to complete. As if you couldn’t already tell, the whole Cul-De-Sac was happy with the school’s decision. That means free time for them! About this time, everyone was going their own way, doing things that they wanted to do; even the Ed’s were going in a different direction today.

Eddy had an ‘errand’ to run at the candy store. The other Cul-De-Sac kids (Kevin, Nazz, Jimmy and Sarah) were all going back together in one group to the Cul-De-Sac on foot, since it was not time for a bus to go get them at school, while Rolf and Johnny 2x4 went another way. Double D, Ed and Ami also went back to the Cul-De-Sac, but in a different direction as the others. And finally, the other new kid named Weiss was walking into a different direction form the others; it was in the direction of the woods near the trailer park.

(AN: But for now, this chapter will stick with Eddy’s… fortunate/unfortunate encounter… Oh, and Johnny 2x4’s journey back to the Cul-De-Sac)

During the run in with the youma at school, Eddy found a dollar in the hallway. Seeing this as an opportunity to get some jawbreakers, Eddy was going to get those jawbreakers for the three… uh, I mean, the four of them; if you counted Ami, of course.

Eddy was now on his way to the candy store, passing by the slightly crowded sidewalk that he was walking down. Eddy had a look on his face that said “There’s a dollar burning a hole in my pocket. Watch me go spend it!”

And as Eddy could see the perimeter of the candy store up ahead…

Bump!


He suddenly fell to the ground, being that he slammed into something on the sidewalk. Eddy rubbed his bum for a second before realizing what he had bumped into was a person; a girl, as a matter of fact.

She seemed to be about his age of twelve years old. She had midnight, black hair that went all the way down to her hips. She was wearing a blood red t-shirt with a pair of rose-colored cargo pants that went down pass her knees and black and red sneakers.

“Ouch,” she stated with a slight Japanese accent as she looked up at Eddy, revealing dark, violet eyes; they were narrowed with annoyance, “Watch where you’re going, baka!”

Eddy narrowed his eyes as they both got up from where they fell, “Me watch where I’m going? What about you watch where you’re going?!”

The girl made a mad glare at Eddy before saying, “Whatever,” and walked away from him in the other direction behind Eddy, “I need to find the others before something happens.”

Eddy arched an eyebrow at the last thing she said as he walked away from him, ‘What did she mean by that?’ he thought, remembering all of the incidences with the black monsters today, ‘Did she mean those monsters?’

It was then that he noticed her crossing the road. What he noticed immediately was that she did look both ways crossing the street but noticed a car that ran a red light up ahead, and the same car was going straight for the girl!

“Hey! Get out of the way!” Eddy tried to shout to the girl, but she didn’t hear him (AN: For what reason, we don’t know). He then started to run to her, so he could shout to her at close range, but she was still oblivious to him as the car came speeding closer; it wasn’t slowing down either.

Something inside him seemed to snap at the moment when the girl noticed that the car was coming. She widened her violet orbs in surprise, like a deer in the headlights of the car. The horror in her eyes… they felt familiar to him.

Quickly, before anything else could go wrong, Eddy ran to the girl and tackled her away from the other side of the street with speed and strength that he didn’t know he possessed. He soon passed out from all the energy he used as he rolled off the girl he saved.

The car then sped past where she was just seconds ago; it just kept on going, as if the person in it didn’t even notice. Surprisingly, this caused no ruckus around the sidewalk that Eddy and the girl landed in; but did only attract two people, who gathered around the two to see if they were okay.

One of them was a twelve year old girl. She had two, long blond pigtails that had a weird hairstyle on the top. She also had bright, ocean blue eyes. She was wearing a dark blue t-shirt underneath a long sleeved, white denim-like jacket that went to her waist; an ordinary pair of blue jeans and a pair of dark blue and white tennis shoes. She also had a ring around her finger (AN: Hmm… I wonder who this is…)

The other person was a boy that was about the age of fourteen years. He had short, bushy black hair and cool, ocean blue eyes. He wore a black t-shirt that went a little past his waist, a pair of khaki shorts and black and silver tennis shoes.

“Oh my god, it’s Rei!” said the blond of the group as the two kids bent down to Eddy and the girl.

The girl started to get up of the ground by hearing her name, “Usagi?” she questioned weakly with surprise.

“Yay! We’ve finally found you!” the blond named Usagi exclaimed happily as she went in for the hug, but quickly backed away once she noticed that the girl named Rei didn’t want to be hugged.

“Who’s this boy?” asked the teen boy as Rei and Usagi looked to see Eddy (AN: or “the boy”, as I will refer him too, since they don’t know his name; yet… okay?) still passed out.

Rei made another surprised face at who saved her, “That kid again? He’s the one who literally ran into me a while ago.”

“Well Rei, it looks like he needs a little help now,” the black haired teen said as he checked for identification on the boy; he saw a wallet chain hanging from his left pocket. Having the idea that his ID would be there, he took the wallet from they boy’s wallet from his pocket and looked inside to find a dollar and the boy’s ID, “His name is Eddy Skipper Wendell (AN: I’ve made up a last name…). He lives at 13943 Peach Creek Blvd. and…”

“Mamoru, I think I know where that is,” Usagi stated with a slight chirp in her voice, “It’s a neighborhood not too far away from here.”

“Gotcha,” the teen named Mamoru said as he picked up the passed out boy named Eddy (AN: As if we didn’t know it already! XD) and followed Usagi to the neighborhood where she thought he lives in, followed by Rei in the rear.

~~~

Meanwhile, while all of this was happening to Eddy, Johnny was walking down the sidewalk on the way to his home in the Cul-De-Sac. There was barely anyone on the street now, scared to come out in fear of monster attacks. Johnny was talking to Plank like always, about how today was a weird-feeling day for him. They then started to talk about the youma attack at school.

“Gosh buddy, you sure do know a lot about what’s going on. How do you know so much?” Johnny said to Plank as he then listened to what Plank had to say next, “… What?” he then held Plank out in front of him to look at him in a skeptical way, “What do ya mean something’s happening to--?!”

Suddenly, there was a bright flash of light from Johnny’s hands where he held out Plank as Plank then turned into something small, soft and fuzzy; a brown-colored cat with white paws. Its eyes were a shade of grass green.

“Plank?!”

As soon as he said that, the cat jumped down and landed in front of him, “Ah, it feels good to move again,” the cat said as he stretched its back out, “I wonder why that curse on me lifted so early?”

Johnny was now confused at this predicament, “Plank, how come you’ve never told me you were a cat before?”

Plank sighed at Johnny’s comment, “Johnny, there’s a reason for this,” he paused for a moment before he continued, “Before I was cursed into the wooden board, I was sent here to protect you until you could be awakened.”

“Protect me? Wake me up?” Johnny questioned, “From what? And I’m already awake.”

“Johnny…” Plank stated to Johnny as he looked up at him, “It’s time for you to start remembering.”

Suddenly, a bright beam of yellow light came from Plank’s forehead, which made a mark appear on Johnny’s forehead; it was the planet sign of Venus (AN: Wow, what a shocker!). Soon the light faded and disappeared from sight from their foreheads.

Johnny blinked a couple of times before saying anything, “… Whoa,” he looked back at Plank while putting his right hand on the right side of his forehead, “I feel different, buddy…”

“That happens sometimes when your memories will be gradually revived,” Plank said.

Johnny nodded and started to notice that there were more people on the sidewalks than before, “Let’s go home, Plank!” the two of them walked down the sidewalk of the street when suddenly…

Wham!

Someone rammed into Johnny from the front, making him fall to the ground on his rear. He looked at who had rammed into him, widening his eyes as he did. Even Plank widened his eyes.

It was a girl that looked the age of twelve. She had a long, blond hair with a bun that was tied with a red ribbon on the tip of her head. She wore a short sleeved, white t-shirt that was underneath a pair of blue jean overalls with a pattern of a yellow star on her left knee. She also wore a pair of yellow and while tennis shoes.

“Ouches,” the girl whined slightly with a Japanese tone of voice as she looked up from where she fell, revealing bright, ocean blue eyes, “Sorry about that,” she said to Johnny as they both then get up from where they fell, “I wasn’t looking at where I was going because I was only trying to find my cat and--”

“Oh, it’s no problem,” Johnny said, not really catching all that she said because she talked a little bit too fast, “Why were you running? Is there someone after you?”

“No,” the girl stated, shaking her head, “I’m looking for my white cat, we got separated a while ago and I can’t seem to find him.”

“Well, maybe I can help you,” Johnny said as he glanced to Plank, “Can you go find her cat, Plank?”

Plank meowed in agreement (AN: Since he didn’t want to reveal his secret in front of the girl) as he went on ahead to find the girl’s cat.

“I’ve never seen you around here before,” Johnny started to say to the girl, “You new around here?”

The girl nodded her head, “Yes, I just got here from, uh, England,” she said with slight hesitation on the location.

“Oh wow, from England?” Johnny stated with awe, “You’re from across the lake?”

“Yep,” the girl said with a little chirp of her lie (AN: And not noticing that Johnny meant “Across the Pond”, not “Across the Lake”). She then extended out her hand to Johnny, “I’m Minako.”

“Hi, I’m Johnny,” Johnny said as he came in to shake her hand. But as they both touched each other hands, Johnny saw something; a girl in a yellow sailor suit, standing in front of him. And as quickly as he recoiled his hand, the girl disappeared, being replaced by Minako.

Minako arched an eyebrow at his sudden shocked expression, “Johnny… Are you okay there?” she started to ask him, “You kinda went pale in the face a little.”

“Yeah… I think I’m okay…” Johnny stated as he then noticed Plank coming back with a black and white cat walking beside him, “Wow Plank, that sure was fast.”

“Artemis, Luna!” Minako said with happiness in her voice, “You’re both okay!” the two cats meowed to her.

Minako then turned to Johnny and made a smile, “Thank you Johnny!” soon a thought came to her as she made a gasp, “Oh snap; I just remembered something!”

Johnny seemed confused at her sudden mood swing, “What wrong?”

“I have no place to stay for the night because I just got here,” Minako explained, “Do you know of a place to stay?”

Johnny thought about it for a moment before coming up with a solution, “Why don’t ya come stay at my place? I’ve got an extra bedroom for you to stay in.”

She widened her eyes at his offer, “Really? You do?”

“Yeah! Me and Plank don’t mind at all!”

Minako made a smile, “Sure, what the heck; I’ll come stay at your place!”

“Good,” Johnny said as he pointed in the direction behind Minako, “The Cul-De-Sac is over in that direction!”

The two preteens and the three cats soon left in the direction where Johnny pointed to, going back to the neighborhood that Johnny called the Cul-De-Sac.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment