Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Shadow Stalker

The darkness of the shadows hides many secrets, some too terrifying and great to even begin to imagine, but one of the most terrifying of all, is not what the shadows hide, but who chooses to hide in the shadows. Watching you eternally, like vampire

Chapter 1 - Shadow Stalker

Chapter 1 - Shadow Stalker


I step out into the light of the street lamps, their glare is bright, but not nearly enough to get me worried. I trudge along, unwilling to glance to much around, that makes a person suspicious, suspicion is a very nasty chip on one's shoulder. Suspicion is a seed, sown in deep, by gossip, by action, by thought, it's as if someone hangs a sign above your head, then people jeer, and become nosy. The whole affair is a vile trait of the human race that sickens and disgusts me beyond all reckoning. It it one of the things that most peeves me, and it is a grotesque action indeed. I do however, provide a casual glance in the direction of a teenage boy, his clothes are neat and tidy, it makes me sick, but his kind are better prey, as they are usually less full of the crap that the world provides. I glance around casually, and cross over into a clearing in the park, I sit down on the bench, my dark brown curls fall over my shoulders in little ringlets, each seeming to represent an ideal place, a bit of gold and cinnamin highlight my hair. My hazel eyes glimmer beneath the soft caress of the moonlight, I force myself to shudder as if cold I'am cold, and place an innocent expression on my face. Like a doe caught in the headlights, except unlike the deer, I won't be roadkill anytime soon, or ever, of that I could easily be certain. As I had planned, the boy took the bait, he walks over casually, trying to be smooth and seem indifferent, he walks to me, " Hello, are you in some sort of trouble, Miss?" I bat my eyelashes a few times looking down slightly, " Well you see, my dog is missing, and I can't find him anywhere." Several fake tears slip from my face and down across my cheek, continuing to my lips, giving them a glossy sheen. My voice is absolutely amazing, the perfect mix of worry and concern, and innocent stupidity, acting was a strong point of mine, especially the dramatics. The guy gets this look on his face, like a little boy on Christmas, I could almost see the wheels turning in his head, except, I know he would be too stupid to have any real thought train. Then he says it, I almost ruin it and grin with delight, " Would you like me to help you look?" I lift my head up, my eyes seemingly shining, I say excitedly, " Oh, would you?" " I would be so very grateful!" His look makes me laugh a little, and he gives me a confused glance. I chastise myself in my mind and recover swiftly, " I'm just so happy, it's been a hard day, and losing my darling just made it so much worse!" " Noone has done me any favors today, your so very kind!" The boy smiles sweetly, obviously narcisstic and extremely pleased with himself, " I had to help, you just seemed so sad, I'am a natural good samaritan." He laughs, and so I let out a small laugh for his benefit. "My name is Rachel, a pleasure to meet you, mister?" He smiles even broader, obviously pleased at being called mister, " My name is Chip, it's nice to meet you too, well let's start looking, what's your dog's name?" I let out a small gasp and feign a bit of surprise, " My dog's name is Chip, wow, it's truly a small world!" He almost seems displeased by this, but smiles and laughs anyway, " Okay then, lets find him shall we?" He walks forward and deeper into the forest and I follow, a grin on my face, and as he turns to me it's gone as quickly as it had come. For at least an hour, the sound of his shouts fill the forest, and then I decide to end our little cat-and-mouse game, I pretend to trip and he turns to make sure I'm alright. That's when I reveal myself, my fangs slide out effortlessly, and I plunge my fangs deep into his skin, piercing the weak, mortal flesh. Streaks of crimson seem to glow by the light of the moon, it's beautiful, the way that the drops of blood travel down and paint his flesh, it would be so much more appealing and satisfying, had I a better canvas, but this carcass would have to do. As I drain him of his mortal essence and blood, he lets out a gargled scream, not quite as pretty as I would have hoped, but then I couldn't expect much from such a pathetic corpse of a boy anyway. I smile, and my face softens back into it's human form, the visage oh so perfect. I can't help but feel a little satisfaction for my acting performance. Looks like Chip really was my little doggie tonight after all. My smile broadens, I laugh, and walk into the darkness of the shadows.


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MysteriousMindReader on August 25, 2005, 1:30:52 PM

MysteriousMindReader on
MysteriousMindReadero_o *claps* ^_^ love it! Keep it up or else face my wrath! XP

angel_writer on July 6, 2005, 12:02:28 AM

angel_writer on
angel_writerkewl write more write more