Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The So-Called Choice

The darkness of the shadows hides many secrets, some too terrifying and great to even begin to imagine, but one of the most terrifying of all, is not what the shadows hide, but who chooses to hide in the shadows. Watching you eternally, like vampire

Chapter 4 - The So-Called Choice

Chapter 4 - The So-Called Choice


People often find themselves faced with decisions, most of them aren't always difficult, but then when you think of the roach-like quality humans have, you start to realize the numbers increase. Indecisiveness is a key factor to many lives, but what would they do when faced with a life or death situation? Humans crack under pressure, it is a way of life and will always be. The humans that don't are the ones who deserve to be immortal, that doesn't however, always mean they are the only ones who receive the curse and gift that is immortality. Therein lies a new problem.



Once again I awaken to darkness and struggle to clear my vision, the sky is dimly lit, the stars of night barely visible, meaning sunrise is almost near. As I try to move I find that I'm paralyzed, unable to move, I realize with a start that if the paralysis doesn't wear off soon, I would be caught in the sun, and without the restoration and meditation that my body was used to, I would burn to ash. I hear a ripple of laughter, as if far-off in my mind and gaining ground. My eyes instinctively scan around, desperate to locate the source of the sound, my eyes see nothing, save for some scattered clouds within the dimly lit sky. Then I notice a figure looming closer and my eyes shut, allowing more focus, "Am I really such a sight?" My eyes open instantly, a short, pudgy figure standing over me comes into view, it grins, showing a row of bright, white teeth, somehow rather shiny within the small light. The figure laughs, it's body shaking and jiggling, "Must you look so unhappy, I'm not here to hurt you, not unless I have to, which I would sorely regret." The figure kneels closer, and a pile of long, dark brown hair falls forward, his eyes in equal opposition to my own, "Your a pretty girlie, a shame for what you've had to endure, but I'm afraid it does not get much better, my name is a secret but you can call me Haktek." All I can do is stare at the man before me, the sun continuing it's rise, my eyes showing a glint of alarm. Haktek laughs, "I forgot, you can't talk, so sorry about that." He continues to laugh, and pulls some hair from his eyes and my mouth seems to click, I test my speech hesitantly, "Wha...t....do...you...wan..t...?" The words come out in bits, as if the voice box had been shut off and turned back on. Haktek stares plainitively for a moment, then sighs, "Well, Chip, as you call him, is now a genie, due to your killing him, not to mention the fact your help is needed to stop a terrible threat." I burst out in laughter, "You think I want to help you or dog-boy?" "Get real." Haktek's jaw twitches slightly, "He is no dog, and if you don't help you'll die." I laugh again, "How do you figure?" His eyes lift to the nearing sun, then back to me, "You bastard" Haktek shrugs, "Calling me foul things won't help you." "Why me?" Haktek smiles grimly, "You should have a guess." Had I a beating heart any longer it would have stopped dead within my chest, but before I can speak the sun rises enough to cause me pain, and the words fly from my mouth, "I'll help." The world shifts and seems to grind within itself, and suddenly stops, around me the world is different and I look around confused. "Hey." Whirling around I come face to face with Haktek and jump back startled, "How did you sneak up on me?" "Where are we anyway?" Haktek gives a childish grin, "I'am good at sneaking, and as for where, we are simply in another realm." "Excuse me, simply?" Haktek looks around, "Mmmhmm, here you need not worry of the sun, in this realm it is not a threat to you." I take in the sun and shiver, still displeased by it, and Haktek, as if sensing the problem smiles, "It is not the sun of Earth, you need not worry." "I don't worry." I scan around, "I don't get it, where is the doggie anyway, and what's this about a threat?" Haktek's lips twitches, "He is no dog, you must find him, and as for the threat, I cannot explain until we find him." "Him being?" "He will tell you his name if he feels like it." He starts walking, and I follow angrily, "Hey!" "Why can't you give a straight answer?" Haktek shrugs, "You never ask the right question." "Your a real jerk you know that?" Haktek chuckles, "As long as I'am real." "You never talk like a normal person." Haktek grins broadly, "I never said I was normal." I mutter, "Neither did I." "I heard that." Haktek says laughing. I shake my head grumbling under my breath, "At least tell me what we are doing." Haktek smiles, "So you've decided to help?" I glare, "You didn't give me a choice." Haktek shakes his head, "I did, you could have chosen not to." "Then I'd be dead..er." Haktek shrugs, "Still a choice." "I hate you." Haktek smiles, and laughs, and I stare into the sky, my face without expression.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment