Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Winds Of Change

Morgan was ship off by her aunt and uncle to an all girls school where she finds herself out of place. One day she is invited to join her two roomates on a night on the town.Soon the night of wonders turns into a night of horrors.

Chapter 1 - Winds Of Change

Chapter 1 - Winds Of Change
Winds Of Change


Once upon a time there was a school that only girls could attend. The school sat on top of a large hill that was surrounded by a vast forest. The girls who attend the school were selected exclusively from different countries around the world. It was a busy school full a fun, actives, learning, and friendship.
There was one girl name Jessica who was the most poplar girl in school, she was: sweet, funny, pretty, athletic, and made friends where ever she would go. She was tall, with big green eyes, and her hair was a bright golden blond. She was always seen carrying her one hundred and twenty dollar, brand name purse over her arm. Jessica would ware the top band up to date clothes and was continually receiving new clothes for every season.
Jessicas best friend was a girl name Emily who was one of the smartest girls in the school. Emily was also known for her kind heart and cute looks. Jessica and Emily had been friends since the day they met each other. Emily had the softest, longest black hair that was prefect everyday. She could easy past a test without even breaking a sweat. Emily was only a quarter of an inch shorter than Jessica and had dark brown eyes.
Both girls were lucky enough to share one of the dorm rooms with each other however, there was one other girl they shared the room with named Morgan. Morgan was a quite girl and didnt socialize with the other girls in the school. She was most of the time seen sitting under a tree alone. The other girls of the school saw Morgan to be stuck up or weird. Morgan was much shorter an Emily with long light brown hair. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of blue and always wore her black leather boots.
No one would really approach her, however Jessica being outgoing the girl she was decided to reach out to Morgan and convince her to come with her to a late night actives.
Thus, our story truly begins on a cool autumn day where everything seem to be in place and yet not in its place&
Emily, Emily! Jessica called out as she ran down the hallway.
Emily turned around to face Jessica, what is it?
I just got a asked&Jessica took Emilys hand and pulled aside from the hallway, & on a date. Jessica whispered in Emilys ear.
What?! Who? Emily questioned.
Not so loud. It was the grounds keepers son, Nathan. Jessica smiled.
Emily smiled, really? Oh, thats so great! Youre so lucky!
Thank-you, but thats not all&
What is it Jessica? Emily looked confused.
Jessica took Emilys hands. Hes bringing a couple of friends with him. So, you will get to come too!
Really! But wait how do I know that I am not being set up with a weirdo? Emily look very considered.
Ah, dont worry about that Ive met his friends one day and they are just as gorgeous as him.
Oh, I cant believe it our first date and we get spend it together! Emily jumped up and down. Hey, wait how many friends is he bringing?
Two, dont worry Ive have it all figured out. I will explain at lunch, okay?
Well, alright then. Emily continues to walk down the hallway once again.
Jessica turns the other way and begins to walk towards her classroom. Once Jessica enters the room she is greeted by five of her smiling classmates. She returns their greetings and secretly scans the room for Morgan. Jessica finds Morgan sitting quietly in her seat staring out the window.
Good morning, Morgan. How are you doing today? Jessica asked.
Morgan slowly turns around, fine, was her simple answer.
Oh, well I glad to hear that. Do you have anything important to um&do later on today? Jessica questioned.
Not really, why do you ask? Morgan said suspiciously.
Well, I was wondering if you would like to do something later with Emily and I after school?
No affiance, but I really dont understand why you are talking to me nor why you would even consider me going somewhere with you. Morgan said coldly.
Jessica looks at Morgan in shock and quickly gathers her thoughts. I just thought you would like to do something since you never really seem that&much active.
Why should I trust you? I dont even know you.
I just thought I would do something nice for you. Jessica turn away her face slightly
Morgan lets out a long sign, fine, I will go with you after school
Oh, great! I will met you in the dorm room okay? Jessica grins.
Morgan did not feel exactly comfortable with going with Jessica, however she felt may be she should try not to be so hard on other people. Trusting people was a hard trait for Morgan to grasp since her parents died only two years ago. After her parents death Morgan found it hard to be close to anyone. Her aunt and uncle who decided to take care of Morgan were not impressed by Morgans attitude. Instead of helping Morgan deal with her problems they sent her away to school, leaving her to face her challenges alone.
The class bell rang and the students took their seats. Jessica glances at the corner of her eye at Morgan who again was staring out the window. Jessica smiles to herself. Her plan was in motion and she could not wait until her date that night. She only hoped that Morgan wouldnt back out in the last moment.
The day quickly went by and the lunch bells chime began. Jessica hurries out of the classroom and made her way to the lunch room where she found Emily waiting.
Emily! Jessica shouts.
Oh, Jessica. There you are, so tell me what are you up to?
Well, I ask our third member to join us for tonight and they said yes to me.
What really!? That great, but who is this third member? Asks Emily.
Jessica walks over to a tree and sits down. Well, that would be Morgan.
Emily sits down next to Jessica with a puzzle look on her face. Morgan, why Morgan?
One reason being that she shares the same room as us so, if we sneak out Morgan wouldnt tell on us because she is coming with us. Plus, it is convent. Jessica explains.
You think of everything, Emily giggles, I would have never thought of Morgan to take with us.
I didnt at first either but then the idea just came to me. This way we dont have to worry about other people seeing us out of our room.
What do you mean they wont see us? The only way off campus is pass the iron gates and then its an twenty minute drive to town.
Yes, that would be true if I hadnt been told there is another way out. You see Nathan showed me that there is a map of secret passage ways through out this school and one just appends to be only five steps outside of our rooms door. Jessica smiles.
Oh, thats so cool! I cant wait until tonight! Emily said with excitement.
Not so loud, Jessica whispers, I cant wait either but it will be well worth the wait.
The day came to a close and slips into the late evening. Jessica sat in front of a mirror carefully fixing her hair, while Emily put on a bright shade of lipstick on. Morgan on the other hand sat quietly on her bed waiting to leave.
Hey, Morgan why dont you put some make up on? I will let you use some of mine if you like? suggests Jessica.
I dont really like make up. Morgan said under her breath.
Oh, dont worry I will put it on you. Jessica nudges Morgan over and takes some lip gloss from her pocket.
Well, I guess so. Morgan appeared uneasy.
Jessica carefully place Morgans make up. To Jessica and Emilys surprise they both agree that Morgan look pretty.
I think you should wear make up more often Morgan, it looks good on you. Said Jessica.
I think so too. Said Emily.
Um, thank you. Morgan gave a small grin.
Now, said Jessica,  I said we would met them at nine oclock. Which gives us, Jessica looks over to her clock on her table, only three minutes! Hurry girls, grab your things!
All three girls grab their hand bags and rush to the door where Jessica calmly peak through the door to see if anyone was in the hallway. The hallway was dark and show in signs of life. Jessica signals the girls to fallow her. The girl walk across the broad hallway to the other side. Jessica held out her hand to stop and reach up to a wall sconce and pull the handle down. A small door reviled itself below. The girls had to bend down to go through the door and found it pitch black.
Jessica where are you? Emily calls.
I am here. Just wait a second and I will get-. Jessica was cut off by the sound of voices coming towards them.
A faint light flitter across the wall then a around a corner appears three boys. One was Nathan holding a lit candle.
Hi girls. Said Nathan.
Hi, Nathan. These are my friends Emily and Morgan. Jessica point to the two girls.
Oh, nice to met you two. These are my friends John and Evan. Nathan said. Why dont we get out of these tunnels and then we can talk okay?
Sounds good to me said Emily.
The girls fallow the boys throughout the dark tunnels. Is seem to take a entirely until they reach a large room where there is a single door large door. The door appears to be hand carve and look to be ancient. The designs on the door were detail with flower and trees. Morgan step forward and touch the wood carves on the door.
What is this? Jessica asks.
Well, this is something I found not so long ago while walking through these halls. It is a door that leads to some where else. Nathan explains.
Really, a door that leads somewhere else? Like where? Emily questions.
I not sure what you would call it but it is nothing I have ever seen before. Said Nathan.
Do you really expect me to believe that. Stop teasing us Emily said annoyed.
Nathan and his friends push the door open to relieve a bright light. Emilys mouth drop open and Jessica just stare out blankly. Morgan didnt appear surprise just uncomfortable.
Come on, you can apologize later. Nathan pull Emilys hand.
Once their eyes had adjusted to the bright light they found themselves standing on a platform in mid air. The sky held hues of blues and violets. The same types of colors that you would find in hydrangea flower. A large river stood just below them and shines with a luminosity of the stars.
How in the world-?! Jessica exclaims.
Nathan and his friends begin descend down the stairs stood just in front of them that led down to a small wooden boat.
Hey, wait for us! shouts Emily.
Come on, Morgan, keep up okay? Jessica says.
John and Evan climb in the boat and help the girls one by one into the boat. Nathan waits quietly for everyone to take their seat and then gives the boat a shove from the stairs. The boat drifts away and the take out a hold of three oars. John and Evan paddle while Nathan sires.
In the distance laid a white forest with glittering branches. Morgan appeared to be deeply confused about the scenery. Her hands were in a tight fist and her breath was fast. Jessica and Emily seem to be in ah with the situation and their eyes dance in excitement.
Nathan and his friends faces show little exasperation.
The boat finally reaches the land and Jessica could hardly contain herself in the boat. Emily jump out of the boat first fallow by Jessica who both ran to look at the white trees. John and Evan got out of the boat and walk towards where the two girls stood. Nathan turns to Morgan who was still sitting in the boat and look like she had no intention of getting out.
Are you coming? Nathan sounds colder than what his voice sounded before.
I guess so. Morgan sits up and climbs out of the boat.
Morgan walks over to Jessicas side who was still looking at the trees.
Look Morgan! Jessica points up at the trees branches which were full of silver leaves.
Jessica, dont you think may be we shouldnt be here? Morgan whispers.
What do you mean? Dont worry, just look at it as a adventure. Reassures Jessica.
Hey, which way do we go now? asks Emily.
Oh, I think we should go this way. Said Nathan.
Lets go then! shouts Jessica who starts to run.
Morgan studies Johns and Evans faces who still havent said a word. In the back of Morgans mind a voice scream out telling something is not right. Why would three boys take them so far from home? She decides to continue to follow but to be on guard.
They carry on through the forest which slowly changes from sliver leaves to gold leaves. Jessica and Emily are still full anticipation so much that they are mostly running. Morgan tries to keep up with them while three boys are right be hide them. After some time the forest changes again to diamond leaves. Morgan begins to tire from running and stops.
Wait! Morgan gasps.
Jessica and Emily turn around. Nathan slows down and walks to Morgans side.
What is wrong Morgan? Emily calls.
I need to rest just for a little while.
Its okay. We are here. Nathan points in front of Morgan to a huge castle.
The castle walls were cover with diamonds and the towers reach out to the skies. The castle didnt seem to have any habits anywhere and every piece look as if it was new.
Although the beauty was something to marvel about the sense of eeriness could not be shaken from Morgans mind. Has they walk inside the castle their footsteps echoes throughout and not even the sound of birds could be heard.
Maybe, we should go home now? I am sure we can come back later. Said Morgan.
Its fine. Morgan just a little longer. Said Emily.
Dont worry Morgan we will not let anyone hurt you. Reassures a smiling Nathan. Lets just see one room, okay?
Nathan now leads them to a breath taking ballroom. The room had white marble floor and white silk curtains that flows to the floor like a waterfall. The walls were a sky blue that gave the appearance a flowing on the clouds. Just over head hung the grand chandelier cover in gold and shower with diamonds and sapphires. The room began to carry the sweet sent night blooming jasmines.
Wow! Its just like a dream. Jessica shouts.
Just beautiful!. Emily sighs.
Hey, Ive got an idea, Nathan walks over to Jessica, want to dance?
Jessica turns bright red, sure, w&why not?
Oh, that sounds fun! Come on. Emily grabs Johns hand and joins them.
Evan approaches Morgan, okay, just for a little while.
The three pair dance across the room and after a while Morgan begins to hear music coming from somewhere. She going to say something but the word seems to leave her. She begins to feel heavy and more tire. Her eyes can hardy keep open and she slowly begins to fall asleep.
She could feel herself falling gentility and lading on a dirt pathway. In a white gazebo sat Morgans parents at a table and across from them become visible to be another couple. On the stairs of the gazebo sat a young boy around the nine with red hair. He appears to be tying his shoes. Another boy emerges into the scene which was around the same age but with blond hair. He ran up to Morgan and offers his hand to her. They red hair boy sees this and jumps down and runs over to her. He then too offers his hand to her.
Well, which one are you going to pick? the two boys say.
Pick? What do you mean? she asks.
Which one do you want to be with? the boys ask.
I dont know. I really dont know anyone of you.
She has a point there. The red hair boy says to the blond hair boy.
Well, then we will just have to get to know her over time. The blond hair says.
Sounds good to me. The red hair boy said as he grabs her hand. The bold hair copies the other boy and grabs her other hand.
Morgan now notices she is now five years old again. The two boy pull her along into a garden. She feels strange like this as happen somewhere before. The entire scene is so oddly familiar to her, perhaps it is a memory. A warm light surround them and everything fads away.
Morgan feels strange wind of hot air over her and opens her eyes slowly. She turns her head to see Nathan hunch over something on the ground and the sound of tearing. Morgan then looks in front of her and sees a monster leaning towards her. The monster had fierily red eyes and black skin. Its fangs hung from out of its mouth, its hair were bushy white, and had long points on its ears. Horns ran from the top of its head and curve towards its chin.
Morgan pulls herself out from underneath the monster and backs quickly away. The monster lunges forward towards her but Morgan kicks the monsters face. Nathan whips around and walks towards Morgan. Close as he come she realizes her face is cover in blood. She give out a scream and jumps to her feet. On the floor laid her two friends in pieces and drench in blood.
There, Morgan you dont need to be afraid. It will be over soon enough. Your friends are waiting for you and you wouldnt want to be rude, eh? Nathan let out a laugh follow by the two other monsters laughing.
You&what are you? Why did you kill them?! Morgan began to snake.
Isnt obverses? We need to eat just like you. It is not our fault that you girls were stupid enough to follow us now is it?
Morgan backs a way until she hit a wall. The room began to change its form and now look musty. The floors were cover in dirt and leaves. The wall were falling away and cover in mildew. The chandelier had moss and spider webs strand across. The drapes were full of holes and were barely hanging on their rods.
Now, be good and lets end this game. Nathans hands turns into long claws and he rush toward Morgan.
NO!!! yells Morgan and a faint blue light ripples out around Morgan. The light then hits Nathan face on who then goes flying across the room. Nathan flips his body and lands on his feet.
YOU little-! Nathan and the two monsters run toward her again.
Morgan put up her arms over her face and closes her eyes. She waits for her death however after a while nothing happened. She slow opens her eyes and to her amazement they couldnt come any close to her. The strange light blue was still surrounding Morgan. No matter how hard the monsters claws and scratch at it they could not move an inch.
Morgan then turns towards the wall and hit it has hard has she could. The wall crumbs away like a cookie and she heads for the forest. The strange blue light disappears and the monster dash after Morgan yet again. She runs for what seems an eternity back to the river, which is now replace with a muddy swap with fog surrounding it. Morgan franticly searches for the stairs to the platform, yet there is not luck. The platform had disappeared, along with every hope of going home.
She turns to hear the voices of the monster catching up to her. She scans the area and hides inside a hallow log that has fallen to the ground. Inside she eases her breath so not to attract attention to herself. The monsters footsteps come closer and scurry across the ground.
She has to be here somewhere. I saw her come up this way. Nathan growls. Well, come on we cant let her get away!
The sound of their footsteps drew further and further away. Morgan pulls herself out of the hollow tree and checks for the coast to be clear. She then pushes the log from its resting place down to the swap. She is now tier from pushing the log but gathers the last of her strength and shoves the log into the swap. Morgan steps into the swap and carefully balances herself on the log. She lays on her stomach and paddles across the river. Lucky for her the river was slightly shallow and was barely moving.
After a few minutes Morgan sees through the mist a village sitting on the shore of the other side. The fog begins to settle on the shore, the wind pick up slightly thrusting log onto the shore. Morgan lays her head down and collects her thoughts. What was that strange blue light that had just surrounds Morgans body? Who would be protecting her in a weird place like this? Where did the night go so wrong? Where I am going to stay? What about school? How am I supposed to live?
The sky began to darken and the stars wept the night sky. Morgan climbs off of the log and decides to explore the village. Strangely the village gives the impression to be vacant of life or perhaps empty for the time being. The smell of burning wood seems to be coming somewhere close by. Morgan walks deeper into village, all of sudden she is lunge up in the air. A net was sprung out from underneath her feet. She swung back and forth becoming dizzier by the moment.
Look, at what we catch inside this net today. a woman with wild gray hair appears from the shadows below.
Oh! How delicious she is! a villages voice rang out.
Can we have her now? ask a small man who reaches up at Morgans net.
No, we cant! the gray hair woman hits the small mans hand. It is not for us to decide when to eat her. Once the Master returns we will know be then what to do. The womans and other villagers mouths began to water and large drip of saliva fell to the ground. The villagers had big yellow eyes that look like a cats eyes. Their skin had a gray tint that reminds Morgan of zombies crawling out from the ground. Their nails were long and yellow. Even with their intimating looks Morgan wouldnt let herself fall into fear.
Who is your Master? Can I speak to him? Do you know if he know the way back to the big wooden door?! questions Morgan as she leans against the rope of the netting.
You will learn that soon enough, ha! the gray hair woman answers.
Morgan watches as the villagers walk away from her and begin gathering wood. She turns to examine the rope above that gather in a knot and was tide up to a tree branch over head. She stands up carefully and slowly reaches up towards the knot above her. The villagers return and catch Morgan trying to escape.
Stop that girl! yells one villager.
Get her to stop! shouts the gray woman.
A villager come from behind Morgan and pushes the net. Morgan falls down and the net swings violently. She begins to fill dizzy and a little woozy. The villagers shout out at Morgan and throw stones at her. Just when Morgan felt like she was going to black out, when the villagers are brought to a standstill.
Master! the gray hair woman cries out.
The villagers chant master as a man in a black hood appears in front of the crowd. The hooded man walks through the crowd and halts in front of Morgans net. He slightly tilts his head up to see Morgans face and whisks around towards the villagers.
Please my people, he puts his hands up in the air, please!
The villagers begin to clam down and silent their voices.
Bring the girl to my tent. The hooded man orders.
The villagers rushes to Morgans net and one villager climbs up the tree. The rope is cut. Morgan lands to the ground with a thump. She wonder how many more times she was going to be hurt tonight or even worst be killed. She is then pull to a large tent on the shore. She is then haul out of the net, her hands are pull behind her are securely tide together.
Leave us! the hooded man commands.
The villagers quickly withdraw from the tent. The hooded man walks over and secures the flaps of the tent close. He turns towards Morgan who is standing there in a daze. She can feel her body growing tire and every part screams out in pain. Morgan collapses to her knees and a waits for what is to come.
The man removes his hood and gaze down at Morgan. She stares up at the man and meets the face of her capturer for the first time.
He had light brown hair that swept his golden eyes. He was much taller than any of the villagers and had lighter skin. His expression on his face was hard for Morgan to read but what she could tell was he was in deep thought.
I can see that you are not for around there. How did you come to this place? he questions.
I was brought here by a&creature of so sort.
Oh, I believe I now understand. You came from the other world. he bent down to look straight into Morgans eyes. I have never seen a person from the other world before. I am not quite sure how in the world you mange to get away but I very glad you did. He brushes a stray piece of hair away from Morgans face.
So, you know about them killing people!? Morgan yells.
Of course I do I am the ruler of this land. I know that is my seems barbaric on what they do&however I can not change their way of life. They have been doing it for over a hundred years now.
So&all those people that would disappear from time to time were&YOU MONSTER!!! Youre just as bad as them! Morgan lunge at him.
He easily pulls away from Morgan, I know this is hard for you to believe. If you look around you can see that this world is very blink. There is very little to eat because most of the land is in darkness and cover in water. Please let help you anyway that I can.
I dont want your help,& however I do need you to tell me where is the way home is? Morgan now made a tight fist. But what about the trees with the gold, silver, and diamonds. Couldnt you just buy food with them?
What good are they if there is no one willing to sale to you or no food that mater?
Im sure my school wouldve sold you food if you had asked.
No, thats where you are wrong girl. He points his finger at Morgan. Do you honestly think they would have given us anything being the way we look? Anyways, there is no way for you to return home now that your friends are dead.
How did you know that? I didnt mention anything about my friends? Morgan glares at him.
I know that. They always take at least two or three girls down here. So, I assume that since you are the only one here that you are the only survivor. And I know what you are going to say why cant I go through the door? The reason being that once something goes through the door only the same amount can go through the door again. Anyways, I believe you have bigger problems now like why shouldnt we eat you?
I&, Morgan thought to herself why didnt she want to die? Her parents were gone and her only friends too. Her aunt and uncle didnt want her, so why not die? If that was the case then why didnt she die back on the river or with the monsters?
Morgan drew in a breath, I want to live!
Is that so then? There is only one way I will not kill you and that my people will not kill you. It is rather bold however it is the only way. His eyes trail away from Morgan who was still sitting on the ground.
What? Go ahead tell me. Morgan lending forward.
You must marry me. He whispers.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment