Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - "Jumping Jellyfish"

Her a mermaid, him a human. both from two different worlds but their paths will soon merge into one. Zutara
Please review.

Chapter 2 - "Jumping Jellyfish"

Chapter 2 - "Jumping Jellyfish"

The Avatar Little Mermaid

Chapter 2 "Jumping Jelly Fish"

(At the palace throne room)

Katara and Haru were in Pakku"s throne room being chewed out because of their absence at the Concert. Haru being scared as Hell of Pakku, was hiding behind Katara while both had there eyes were glued on to Pakku during another one of his lectures.

Pakku was sitting in his throne with sokka to his right, both not in a very good mood at the moment. Pakku''''s face was red with fury while his temper was on the verge of erupting, even when he had it under perfect control. One wrong word would set him off. He looked down at Katara and Haru until he finally started his lecture. "Katara. Where were you this morning? Thanks to you and your friend, the entire celebration was..."

 "Well it was ruined." Butted in Sokka. "Completely destroyed. This concert was supposed to be, the best concert of my distinguished career."

"Sokka, Daddy, I"m so sorry, I just forgot. You know how busy a mind of a little girl like me can be." Katara remarked in an angelic tone.

"Katara, I don''t know what I''''m going to do with you." Pakku spoke beaten knowing again Katara playing innocent always got to him. Haru couldn''''''''t take any more of Katara getting blamed for both of there actions. "But it wasn''''''''t her fault!" so he screamed into the conversation.

Pakku and Sokka both stunned at Haru''s sudden out burst watched Haru for what his next move would be.

"Well...yeah." Haru stopped for a second to think of a way out of the mess he just got him and Katara deeper in. "Well first we were chased by a ferocious shark, yeah then we were almost mad into lunch." He added. "Then thanks to Katara here we were safe. Finally on an Island this thing had to say this was this and that is that..."

"Island?" pried Pakku. Haru stopped immediately after realizing his big mistake. He quickly, grasped his mouth to make sure nothing else would come out of his mouth as he crouched down behind Katara. He could see she had daggers in her eyes as she looked at him, after she turned back to her father Haru was rejoiced with not having to see her deadly look anymore. "You went above to the surface again didn''''''''t you, DIDN''''''''T YOU?" roared Pakku.

"Nothing Happened." Katara insured.

 "Katara. How many times do we have to go through this?" Pakku stated rolling his eyes at the annoyance of having this argument again. "You could have been seen by one of those barbarians, by one of those humans." He added in a worried tone.

 "Daddy there not Barbarians!" she barked at him. Katara turned her head away from her father as he continued.

 "Do you think I want to have my youngest daughter snatched up by some fishing hook?" he questioned while rubbing his hand along her chin.

Katara pulled away from him yelling "I''''''''m 16 years old, I''''''''m not a child."

Surprised by his daughter''s sudden outburst towards him, he gazed upon her for a split second with rage. "Don''t you talk to me with that tone young lady? For as long as you live under my ocean..."

 "But dad." She butted in.

"Not another word. And I am to never, never hear of you going to the surface again. IS THAT CLEAR!" he steamed off hollering. 

At that moment Katara held back the urge to ball out crying in front of her father and took off out of the room. She swam away steamed, with Haru close behind her. Pakku watched as his daughter left the room before he let out a deep sigh of frustration. He started rubbing his forehead when Sokka interrupted his father''s deep thoughts.

"Sisters, they think they know everything. You give them an inch, and they swim all over you." Sokka quoted.

Pakku looked at Sokka as he sat pondering over what he lectured to Katara. Guilt was written all over his face. "Sokka. Do you think I was too hard on her?"

"Nonsense Dad. Why if Katara was my daughter I show her who was boss." Sokka said pounding a fist into his hand. "None of this flittering to the surface." He added waving his hands in the air.

 At that moment an idea popped into Pakku''s head. "You''re absolutely right Sokka."

 "I am?" Sokka asked amazed at his first. "Katara needs constant supervision."

 "Of course dad." Uttered Sokka proudly. 

"And you are just the merman to do it." Pointed out Pakku while poking Sokka.

"Me?" shocked Sokka asked pointing to himself.

"Yes, You. I don''''''''t see anyone else here Sokka."

"But what am I supposed to do?" Pakku rolled his eyes at Sokka''s stupid question.

"Just as you said, keep her out of trouble. Get it?"

"YES SIR!" saluted Sokka.

 "Good. Now get going before I assign you to do your own laundry!" commanded Pakku. Sokka was out of the door faster then he could eat.

(Outside the Palace)

 When Sokka was outside, he saw a glimpse of Katara and Haru in the distance. He also noticed Haru was using what Sokka called ''Magic Rocks'', to move a large boulder out of the way. Behind the boulder was a hidden cavern. As soon as the boulder was moved Katara and Haru swam inside.

But shortly after they had entered, Sokka observed the boulder was sliding back into its original position. Knowing he was supposed to keep an eye on his younger sister, he rushed to the cave and right through the entrance. The moment he was in, the boulder was back in its place. Sokka had seen a light coming from around the corner and proceed deeper into the cave.

He went around the corner into a room three stories high. The first thing he did was gasp and stare at what was before him. His mouth dropped to the floor after seeing the room filled with human items Katara had collected through the years. After about a minute of starring, Sokka came back to his senses when he heard a voice speaking, and turned to see who it was.

"Katara you okay?" Haru asked. He was next to Katara placing a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

Katara was currently laying on a large stone surface in the middle of the room. She was lying on her stomach with her elbows giving her support. She was also holding the spoon she had found earlier. She felt so confused and misunderstood. "Maybe he''s right Haru." stated Katara. "Maybe there is something the matter with me. I just don''t see how a world, that makes such wonderful things, could be so bad." Katara glimpsed at Haru, seeing if he had the answer to her dilemma. She placed her spoon in a candlestick holder and began to sing a soft melody.

Look at this stuff, isn''t neat?

Wouldn''t you think my collections complete?

Wouldn''t you think I''m the girl,

The girl who has everything? 

She started swimming around looking at her different treasures she acquired through the years.

Look at this trove, treasures untold.

How many wonders can one cavern hold?

Looking around here you''d think

Sure, she''s got everything

Katara grabbed some jewels and some objects hanging from the walls, and held them in the air examining them.

I''ve got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty

I''ve got who''s-its and what''s-its galore.

She grabbed a box filled with cork screws and opened it showing Haru the contents.

You want thing-a-mabobs?

I''ve got twenty.

She placed the box on a table and lad her head on her hands that were lying on a small ridge.

But who cares? No big deal. I want more.

Katara slightly lifted her head as she continued .

I wanna be where the people are

I wanna see ''em dancin''

Walking around on those

Whaddya call ''em? Oh feet.

She grabbed Haru''s tail fin and pulled on them until he pulled out of her grasp. She flipped over onto her back and swam around, using her water bending to slowly push herself along. [

Flippin''your fins, you don''t get too far 

Legs are required for jumpin'', dancin'' 

Strollin'' along down the

What''s that word again? Street

She sang while grabbing Haru hands into her own. Katara made them both twirl around before she let go and started swimming up to the hole in the top of her secret treasure trove.

Up where they walk

Up where they run

Up where they stay all day in the sun. 

Wandurin'' free, wish I could be 

Part of that world.

Katara swam back down to the bottom and lay on her back. As she sang ran her fingers through the sandy bottom.

What would I give if I could live 

Outta'' these waters?

What would I pay to spend a day 

Warm on the sand?

She shot back up into a sitting position as she carried on.

Betcha on land they understand

Bet they don''t reprimand their daughters,

Bright young women, sick of swimmin'' 

Ready to stand.

She swam up to where she had a book and began paging through.

And ready to know what the people know

Ask ''em my questions and get some answers.

Katara put her book down as she glided over to a painting of a candle burning. She gently brushed her fingers on the flame of the candle.

What''s a fire, and why does it.

What''s the word? Burn

She pulled her hands away clenching them to her chest as if in pain. Katara moved back up to her sky light. This time she stuck her hands through as if reaching from something in the distance.

When''s it my turn?

Wouldn''t I love 

Love to explore the shore up above.

She slowly pulled her hands back in and sank to her bed like stone at the bottom of the cavern.

Out of the sea, wish I could be.

Part of that world.

When she finished, Haru waded over to Katara. He placed his hands on her hands that were lying on her lap. She was looking at the ground as he did this. As she looked up slightly to peek at him, she seen the second to last person she would want to see. "Sokka, What are you doing here?" Katara asked surprised while jumping up from her place.

Haru turned around and saw Sokka also. "What the hell, how did you find us." He screamed.

Sokka noticed their stunned faces and knew that was his cue to speak. "One" he said holding up one finger. "Dad told me to keep an eye on you. Two." He put up another finger. "What are you doing here and with all of this stuff." He questioned flaying his arms around.

 "It''s...um...my collection." Katara stated puzzling.

"I see. You''''''''re Collection. hmm." Sokka said observing some jewelry. "IF YOUR FATHER KNEW ABOUT THIS PLACE..!" he bellowed before he was interrupted by Haru.

"You''re not going to tell him, are you?"

 "Oh please Sokka he would never understand." begged Katara. Sokka grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the entrance.

 "Katara, you''re tired, let me take you home and get you something warm to dri..." The room darkened for a moment as a large shadow passed overhead.

Katara pulled away form her brother. "What do you suppose?" she asked no one in particular. She darted off for the sky light while ignoring her brother.

"Katara?" Sokka asked dazed at her hasty actions. He and Haru jetted after her. They emerged next to a stopped Katara above the surface. "Katara what''s the meaning of this?" Sokka asked her. Then that''s when he noticed she wasn''t even paying any attention to him, but something behind him. Katara was smiling and giggling which meant to him not good. He turned to see what was making her so happy. "JUMPING JELLYFISH!" he gasped jumping back a bit.

All three of them were now looking at a massive iron ship. The ship had bright lights and fireworks shining it up. To the three merpeople it looked like one of the palaces concerts on water. Sokka and Haru were both wide eyed with months hanging open. Haru was the first to speak up. "HOLY shoot KATARA. The ship we were at before is nothing compared to this one here."

 And at that last sentence, Katara leaped through the water towards iron beast, leaving her friend and brother to eat her waves. "Katara, please come back!" begged Sokka over the waves. "Why does she have to always use her ''magic'' to get away form me" he grumbled to himself as Haru silently chuckled. Sokka dove under the water with Haru shortly behind him.

 "Wonder why." Haru muttered to himself.

(The ship up close)

When Katara reached the ship she noticed a ladder on the side of the ship. With much effort, she pulled her self up step by step until she reached a ledge large enough fro her to sit on. She quickly pulled herself up to rest for minute, but as she was resting she heard strange music coming from behind her. She turned around and peek through an opening in the side of the ship. The opening showed the deck of the ship on the other side. Her eyes were big as soft balls as she gazed at what was before her.

As she gazed, she glandered at a girl. This girl had black hair put up into a bun and had bangs hanging in front of her. She had golden eyes with pale skin. Katara noticed the eyes were also glaring in her direction and approaching. She leaned back against the ship hoping to blend in and not be seen by the girl.

The girl stopped at the railing of the ship and leaned over the edge to look at the water. As she looked down her eyes noticed a set of blue eyes. She was confused at first until her eyes looked closer to see there was another girl. The girl she saw was sitting on a ledge right below the hole used to prevent the ships deck from flooding. "Who are y..." she started to ask until she heard her name being called.

 "Azula." called a young man.

 "Coming brother." Azula answered. She walked away towards the voice after she took a quick glance back at the blue eyed girl.

After Azula had left and stopped looking at Katara, Katara got back up to see where Azula was going. She noticed Azula was walking over to a young man.

"What were you doing now Azula?" asked the man.

"Oh...nothing... just looking out at the waves."  Azula lied trying to keep the girl she saw a secret for now.

"Sure Azula. Next time thought let me know so I''m not left alone with Uncle Iroh."  The man smirked sarcastically. 

Azula gave a wide grin, "But where''s the fun in that Zuko?"

As the two baffled on, Katara was watching from the sidelines.  She was mesmerized in the young mans eyes.  She felt she was looking into the heart of the sun.  She also felt all warm and feverish looking into his golden orbs.  She over heard Azula saying that the mans name was Zuko.  Katara took the name and locked it up in her mind for safe keeping, hoping to never forget it.

Katara also noticed he was wearing a pair of black pants, a black long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up, along with a long deep red cape with flames embroidered on the back.  He also had on brown boots that were tucked under his pants.  Zuko also had his hair pulled up into a high ponytail.  His looked showed of his physical features so nicely that Katara started to drool. None of the merman at home look as good as he did.

"Hey kid quite a show heh."  Hollered a familiar voice.  She ignored it for a sec. to see if the humans noticed the noise.  Since they didn''t she turned around to see Aang on his glider.

"Aang, be quiet, he''ll hear you.  She whispered loud enough for her friend to hear while waving her hand for him to shut up.

"Oh, I gottcha, I gottcha."  Aang said in a low voice rolling his shoulders excitingly while landing next to Katara on the ledge.  "We''re out to discover!" he shouted.

"Aang," shushed Katara clasping her hand over his mouth.

"Okay, but what are we looking at?" He muttered.

"Were looking at that human."  She tried to point out.  "He''s so handsome isnt he?"

"I dont know Katara; she looks kind of creepy and sneaky." 

"No, not that one you idiot."  she said slapping the back of his head.  "The guy, but if you''re looking at the girl go ahead and go get her for yourself. I''m not stopping you."  She rolled her eyes at how obviously stupid he was being.  She turned her attention back to Zuko.  As she gazed at him, she was admiring how he was making fire come out of his hands.

Aang noticed and saw how Katara was looking at the fire.  "He''s a firebender."

"A fire what?" questioned Katara

"You now how you''re a waterbender, Haru is an earthbender, and I''m an airbender."

"Yeah, and your point is what Aang?"

"Well he''s a firebender."

"Wow, a firebender.   He''s really great at controlling the fire.  It''s like he''s one with the flame."  Katara and Aang''s conversation ended short when they overheard an older man speak up. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I Iroh am proud to announce, that today is a special day for my nephew."

"Uncle please, do you have to do this," argued Zuko.  "Nephew, hush now, you need a little  entertainment in your busy life."  Iroh continued.  "Anyways, today men, is Zuko''s 18th birthday."  The men applauded and shouted for Zuko.  When the crew was done Iroh spoke up again.  "Its my greatest honor to give this to my greatest nephew, and ''soon'' ruler of our kingdom!"  he shouted as a cloth was torn off a giant statue of Zuko.  The crew cheered with excitement for their future leader.

Zuko on the other hand looked at the statue of himself with disgust.  Sure it looked like him, but he thought the whole knight in shining armor look was to much.  "Yeah Uncle." he said thinking of something nice to say without hurting his Uncle''s feelings.  "Its really something." He said weakly. 

"Yes, it sure is a master piece if i do say so myself."  Iroh proudly pointed out while patting Zuko on the back.  "Even though I had hopped for it to be a wed...ding present."  He slurred out sarcastically. 

Zuko growled clenching his fist.  "Uncle don''t start this again."

"Zuko you know you need to find a wife soon." 

"Is this because I turned down the Princess of Ba Sing Se?" 

"No, you know the Sozun Kingdom needs you to be wed or else my brother, your passed father, said on his death bed that his friend Zhao would get the throne."

"Oh, yippee.  Another evil bastered to rule the kingdom."  Zuko said sarcastically waving his hands in the air as he walked over to the railing.  The railing was the same one Katara was on the other side of.

"Zuko, I just wish you would find the right girl soon."  Zuko sat on the rail not noticing Katara staring up at him adoringly.  She watched as he sat on the rail with one leg stretched out and the other leg bent up.  He had his left arm resting on the leg that was up, while the other arm was behind him on the rail for support.  He was looking out into the far out stretched night ocean. 

"She''s out there uncle.  I just haven''t found her yet."

"And when, I may ask, will you find this extraordinary girl?" Iroh asked cocking an eyebrow.

"Well I don''t know."  Zuko said jumping of the rail onto the deck.

"Then when will you know if it''s the right girl."

"Like I said Uncle I don''t know.  But when it is the right girl its going to BAM hit me." Zuko declared hitting his fist into his hand.  "Like lightning." he added.  At that moment there was a roar of thunder followed by a flash of lightning. 

"Well Zuko looks like your going to meet her sooner than I thought."

Zuko rolled his eyes and hollered to his Uncle who was already walking  away, "I didn''t mean it to be so literal.  Not to mention i dont see any girls here."

"Zuko I''m right here." Stated Azula.

"You''re not a girl, you''re a tomboy sis." Azula steamed off as Zuko turned around and chuckled to himself.

Just then the winds started to pick up, the waves got higher and rougher.  Zuko turned around hearing the helmsman bellowing "HURRICANE A COMING"


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment