Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - "She's got it bad"

Her a mermaid, him a human. both from two different worlds but their paths will soon merge into one. Zutara
Please review.

Chapter 4 - "She's got it bad"

Chapter 4 - "She's got it bad"

Chapter 4
"She's got it bad"

(A.N. I don't own avatar even though we all wish we did. Oh and if you didn't know already anything in bold and from now on to italic, is singing. Also all Zutara fans. Who can't wait for the season finale for season 2?)

(Palace, same day of rescue)




"Katara, time to come out, you've been in there all morning," complained Katara's sister Kadrina. Katara had been happier than her usual self today. She was so cheerful, she had shined her scales so well, and each scale was like a miniature mirror shining in the sunlight. Also with her interest in looking good of a sudden, she had been humming and dancing around in circles. When she was done with her scales she glided over to her vanity still humming.

Her sisters gathered around her to see if anything was wrong with there baby sister.

Katara gently brushed her hair to her liking. Finished she reached for a dark blue sea lily that had white edges on each petal. (That's what I feel like calling them. Just picture a regular lily, just it's under water.) She tucked her hair back to place the lily in her hair while getting up to leave. Just as Katara got up she bumped into a tall figure.

Giggling at her mistake, she took the lily and tucked into her fathers long white hair. "Morning Daddy." She said giving him a kiss before she swam off.

All her sisters and father turned to see Katara doing twirls and loop de loops out of the room.

"Boy, she's got it bad," said Karista.

"What. What does she got?" the confused Pakku asked his daughters.

"Isn't it obvious daddy? Katara's in love." Kadrina said dreamingly.

Pakku grabbed the lily placed in his hair, brining it close to examine. "Katara...in...love." He spoke proudly.



(Shore in front of Sozun Palace)


Zuko was keeping his duel broadswords skills in shape as he spared with his sister. He was the best already but, never hurt him to keep his skills up to date. That wasn't the only reason he was doing this. He needed a way to get the girl who saved him, out of his mind.

He was wearing his training clothing which included a pair of deep red pants that went a little past his knees, and shin guards that slightly overlapped his pants. Also he was wearing a training vest that was blood red with a bright red border going around. On the front and back had flames that crawled up towards the sky. (Think of what Zuko had on in the Agni Kai.)

It was nearing noon, and his silk vest clung to every glistening muscles on his back. He whipped his forehead while looking out into the horizon.

"Something wrong Zuko?" asked Azula seeing he wasn't dueling anymore. Which she was so thankful for, since she was barely keeping up with him already.

"That girl. I can't get her out of my head Azula. Where can she be?"


(Some field with sea flowers)


Katara was laying on her back reclining against a rock, while she plucked the delicate petals off a flower. All this time mumbling "He loves me; hmm&he loves me not."

Meanwhile also with her pacing near by was her brother. "God Katara. What are we going to do now? How are we going to get you out of this one?"

"He loves me not."

"Katara?"

"HE LOVES ME!" she squealed plucking the last petal. "I knew it, god I'm so smart."

"Katara."

Katara rose form her spot and started pacing the area. "I should visit him tonight. Aang knows where he lives."

Sokka started following her around before she got to crazy of an idea. "Katara get your head out of the clouds and back into the water where you belong." He said while pulling on her tail.

Her being the best swimmer around easily flicked him off. "Haru can earthbend me to his window and..."

"KATARA, down here is your home." Sokka quickly swam in front of her, causing her to freeze in place. "Now listen to me. The human world, well it's a mess. Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there."

The seaweed is always greener

In somebody else's lake

You dream about going up there

But that is a big mistake



Katara rolled he eyes and ignored her brothers attempt to make her feel better. She turned her head looking up at the glowing light above the surface of the water, dreaming of being able to feel the warmth of the sun on her skin.

Sokka waved his hand in front of her as a rainbow school of fish swam by and around her.

Just look at the world you

Right here on the ocean floor

Such wonderful things surround you

What more is you looking for?



In a sad attempt, Sokka started acting out parts of his song. He made it seem working up on the shore was tiring, by crawling on the ground acting like the weakling he was.

Under the sea, under the sea

Darlin' it's better down where it's wetter

Take it from me.

Up on the shore they work all day

Out in the sun they slave away

While we devoting full time to floating

Under the sea.

Down here all the fish is happy

As off through the waves the roll

The fish on the land aint happy

They sad cause they in the bowl



Katara sat where she was, watching her brother sing, not being entertained she propped her head up with her arms, trying to hold back a yawn.

But fish in the bowl is lucky

They in for a worser fate

One day when the boss gets hungry

(A big fat fish lying on a platter) Guess who's gon be on the plate



Under the sea, under the sea.

Nobody beat us, fry us

And eat us in fricassee

We want the land folks love to cook

Under the sea we off the hook

We got no troubles, like is the bubbles.



While Sokka sang, he failed to notice Haru swimming around dodging other fish and creatures, while pulling off some moves to not bump into any one as he searched for Katara.

Under the sea, under the sea

Under the sea, under the sea

Since life is so sweet here

We got the beat here naturally

Even the sturgeon and the ray

We got the spirit, you got to hear it

Under the sea



The newt play the flute

The carp play the harp

The plaice play the bass

And they soundin' sharp

The bass play the brass

The chub play the tub

The fluke is the duke of soul

They ray he can play

The lings on the strings

The trout rockin' out

The blackfish, she sing

The smelt and the sprat

They know where its at

And oh that blowfish blow.



"There she is." Haru whispered to himself. He swam up to her side, leaning in to whisper "Katara, come with me, I got something to show you. Lets get away from this sorry excuse for a performance of your brothers." With that said Katara leaped from her spot, and the two of them were gone in seconds.

Under the sea, under the sea

Under the sea, under the sea

When the sardine begin to beguine

Its music to me.

What do they got, a lot of sand

We got a hot crustacean band.



Each little clam here

Know how the jam here

Under the sea

Each little slug here

Under the sea



Each little snail here

Know how to wail here

That's why it's hotter

Under the water

Ya we in the luck here

Down in the muck here

Under the sea.



Sokka finally out of his singing moment, turned to were Katara was, but she wasn't there. "Grrrr...Not again." He growled. "Always when I get into my singing she disappears. Somebody's got to freeze those girl's fins to the floor."

"SOKKA." Called Pakku's announcer.

Sokka cleared his throat and straightened his hair to clear any sign of him be worried before he turned towards the announcer.

"Sokka. There you are. I've looked everywhere for you. The king needs to see you right this instant."

"Now what does my dad want?' annoyed Sokka complained.

'Uh...Something about Katara I believe." The announcer left in a hurry before Sokka started to panic.

"Oh man. Now he now's. What's a guy with my like me to do?"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

phoenixfire1060 on January 3, 2007, 6:05:36 AM

phoenixfire1060 on
phoenixfire1060i technically own toph. i was the one who submitted her to mike dimartino ((cousin's bff)) lol. i wish i owned the whole show tho! i will write him and say ZUTARA: LIVE ON 4EVER!

--phoenix