Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Elephant sized troubles and Ice Cream

...-doesn't want to write a description- Fine. It's simply about the adventures of the Canadian mew team. Just read it and comment. -_-;

Chapter 2 - Elephant sized troubles and Ice Cream

Chapter 2 - Elephant sized troubles and Ice Cream


Neko: -grins- I told you more would come soon. Well, maybe not so soon…D: Sorry! Here we go! XD



Canadian Mew

Chapter 2: Elephant sized troubles and Ice Cream



Sweep sweep sweep…gotta have fun sweepin'.



The pale girl brought a hand up to her forehead and brushed the sweat away. Her hazel eyes dimmed slightly as she leaned the broom against a desk, then took a seat on another desk not too far away from the one she'd placed the brook against.



Lily was taking a break as she thought of the next member of her mew mew team, Alice Cain. “Soft spoken Alice…” Lily smiled softly as she thought of her friend.



~*~



It was in October when she'd met Alice again. Lily'd been working on her own to protect the city, but once Mark indicated that there was another mew that they'd found in the area, Lily breathed a sigh of relief knowing she would have help now.



“She's apparently supposed to be at the zoo today, so I'd like you to go search for her.” Lily'd remembered Mark telling her.



“Alrighty!” Lily nodded as she ran to the bathroom changing out of her uniform. Her uniform was odd for that of a florist. It consisted of a black skirt that reached her knees, a long white long sleeved shirt that dropped to her mid thigh, black high heeled shoes that buckled around her ankles, a black collar and lastly a slightly short black vest that buttoned up in the front. Lily shrugged putting her uniform in her bag before taking off.



~*~



After Lily dropped her bag at home, she darted off for the zoo. Personally, Lily couldn't wait to meet the new girl. On her way, she thought about how the new girl would take it. Maybe she'd be like her and be all angry at first. Well, it wasn't Lily's fault for being angry in the first place; she blamed Mark completely.



Lily was snapped out of her thoughts as she stopped in front of the zoo. She smirked lightly as she wandered in trying to look as casual as possible. Lily pulled out a picture of the girl that she was supposed to find. Mark told her she needed it because he doubted that Lily'd find her on her own, at which Lily grumbled in response.



The hazel eyed girl looked around the zoo in pure curiosity. She wandered about, once again trying to make herself look as casual as possible. All the while she secretly searched for the new girl. Finally, her eyes landed on a redhead who was smiling as she spoke to a sea lion in the aquatic area. Lily grinned in triumph. Man, was she going to get props for this. But wait, how was she supposed to know that this was indeed the girl she was looking for? Lily eyed her suspiciously before she walked passed her, brushing against the girl lightly.



“Oh, jeez, sorry!” Lily quickly apologized as she eyed the girl when she turned around. The girl looked so…scared? Yep, she definitely looked like a dear in the headlights.



The redhead blushed in embarrassment and nodded her head. “No no, I must have been in your way. It's entirely my fault.” She replied in a soft spoken voice.



Lily stared at her raising a brow. “Nah, don't worry about it. How `bout we just say it was both of our faults?” Lily smiled in response to the other girl trying to make her feel better. Even if it was my fault.



“W-well, alright.” The girl nodded, smiling lightly at Lily before turning her gaze to another display where an exotic bird was caged.



As soon as the two fell silent, an elephant chimera anima came rampaging into the picture.



“Ah, and it's ugly too!” Lily called out staring at it as people ran away in fear. Lily turned her head, then caught the red haired girl by the arm. “Sorry, you can't go just yet.” She told her with a sincere smile.



The redhead struggled trying to get herself free. She stared at Lily in desperation.



“Just, trust me alright?” Lily said in a softer tone before she looked up to the chimera anima in front of them. Her hazel eyes narrowed within seconds before she let go of the redhead, who simply stood and watched.



“MEW MEW MANGO METOMORPHO-SIS!”



With that call out of the way, Lily transformed and stared at the chimera anima again. “Why did it have to be ugly…?” She mumbled scowling lightly at it. “Heh, whatever, lets get this over with.” She shrugged, summoning her mallet before powering up. The tiger mew jumped into the air, bringing the mallet all the way over her head before bringing it down as she called, “RIBBON MANGO SMASH!” The elephant anima simply smacked her out of the way with its trunk. Mew Mango flipped landing on her feet still scowling. She eyed the redhead and sighed. “A little help?” Mew Mango asked giving her a pleading look.



“B-but! What can I do?” The girl responded in a more desperate sounding tone than her usual soft spoken tone.



Mew Mango smirked in an all knowing sort of way before saying, “It'll come to you.” The tigress then took off to strike the chimera anima again.



The redhead stood staring at where Mew Mango had been. It'll come to me? What's that supposed to mean? As the thoughts left her head it actually really did come to her. The girl smiled and nodded her head deciding to give it a try.



“MEW MEW GRAPE METAMORPHO-SIS!”



The call left the redheads lips as she too was engulfed with a bright light. The girl spun for a moment gaining two long ribbon-esque things out of the top of her head that went down to just above her knees. She too had her clothing replaced by a mew uniform. She now wore a white choker necklace which was attached to a yellow halter top which stopped around her midriff. She also wore white bands around the tops of her arms and the tops of her lower arms along with a large white band around her waist and two on her upper legs. She wore a large puffy yellow skirt and two long yellow sleeves that were kept on with the white bands on the tops of her lower arms. Her shoes were long white platform boots with yellow fabric going along them, stopping at the bottoms and just before it hit the top. She also now had a black marking on her right shoulder. The redhead was now blonde and had a pair of blue eyes. Finally a golden star shaped wand appeared in her hand completing her transformation.



“Great.” Mew Mango grinned as she glanced over to the newly transformed Mew Grape.



“Um…miss? Now what do I do?” Mew Grape questioned as she stared at Mew Mango and the chimera anima, who both sweat dropped and stopped what they were doing for a second to simply stare at Mew Grape.



“Like the last thing, it'll come to `ya!” Mew Mango called with a smile as she smacked at the elephant once more.



Right, it'll come to me…And as if those were still the magic words, Mew Grape smiled as she ran up and took her place next to Mew Mango and held out her magic wand. “RIBBON!” She began glaring at the chimera anima for a second. “GRAPE!” She continued shutting her eyes tightly. “MAGIC!” She finished as a blast of star like energy flew from her wand hitting the chimera anima.



“That's it!” Mew Mango grinned as she held her mallet over her head striking the elephant at the same time as Mew Grape's attack hit. With their powers united the chimera anima was stricken out of the elephant and Mew Mango quickly bottled it.



“Ne, great job.” The tiger mew smiled to Mew Grape. Honestly, for her first time at fighting evil, Mew Grape had done a pretty good job. And they made one heck of a great team, or at least Mew Mango thought they did. Mew Mango let the secret go of how to transform back and the two of them returned to their original forms. It was then that Lily dragged the redhead off with her to the flower shop.



~*~



“Oi, Mark! I found her!” Lily called as she walked into the flower shop with the red haired girl following her closely.



The other redhead came out from the back and eyed Lily and the new girl. “Good job.” Mark congratulated in a dry tone.



“…why thank you.” Lily replied through gritted teeth.



The new girl observed the two and raised a brow. “I hate to sound rude, but you two sound like an old married couple.” She laughed lightly.



“Me? Married to that? Puh-lease.” Lily said pointing to Mark before giving a look of utter disgust.



“Why on Earth, or anywhere else for that matter, would anyone like her, let alone marry her?” Mark replied in an icy tone.



Lily shot him a look of pure hatred for a moment. “No one asked you, Skeez.” She hissed in her cat-like tone.



Mark simply folded his arms across his chest and smirked arrogantly.



“Jerk…” Lily muttered before looking back to the new girl. “Oh, jeez! I haven't introduced myself or anything.” She finally blurted out, wide eyed.



“Oh, oh…my my my…how rude of me.” The girl said in a panic stricken tone. “My name is Alice Cain.” She spoke, bowing her head before she looked back up to Lily and Mark. “It's a pleasure to meet you both, I'm sure.” She smiled lightly as she watched them for a moment.



Lily grinned and nodded her head. “Hey, likewise!” She replied in a peppier sort of tone than she usually had. “I'm Lily Mayfield and that dork over there is Mark Caselman.” Lily replied pointing back to Mark as she introduced the two of them to Alice.



“…pleasure to meet you. And I'm not a dork; she's just obviously insane and immune to my charms and good looks.” Mark joked shrugging lightly.



Lily just about busted a gut from laughing. “Please! You?! Charm and good looks?! Who are you trying to fool, us or yourself?!” The girl continued to roll on the floor laughing rather hard. She wheezed for a second before she tried composing herself. Taking a deep breath, Lily got to her feet and stared at Mark again. She took a few minutes just to stare at him before she cracked a smile and was soon laughing hard once more.



Mark stared at her, then finally glared at Lily. “Well, whatever.” He muttered before looking over to Alice who was giggling lightly at her new friends. “You'll be starting here tomorrow.” He said snapping Alice from her giggling state.



“Um, starting here?” Alice replied curiously as she tilted her head to the side, causing some of her red hair to fall from where it was sitting on her shoulder.



“Yeah, you'll be my new work buddy! All the mews work here.” Lily grinned as she stood up, slinking an arm around Alice's neck.



“Working here with the two of you? That sounds like fun!” Alice smile becoming more upbeat than she usually seemed.



“Mounds of fun.” Lily laughed before glancing over to Mark. “So, any ideas about the next mew?” She questioned as she let go of Alice. Apparently she was just filled with curiosity, at least, for the moment she was.



Mark shook his head, sighing lightly. “None yet.” He replied rather bluntly as usual. “Heck, we don't even know if the next mew's going to be male or female.” He commented running his fingers through his bright red hair.



“Male or female?” Lily repeated. “I thought only girls were mews.” She admitted as she eyed Mark suspiciously.



“No, that's just what gender mews tend to be. It doesn't mean a boy can't be a mew.” Mark explained off handedly as he closed his eyes for a moment.



“Oh.” Was all that Lily could come up with as her expression dropped and she simply just stared at the red haired boy.



“Wait? We're the only two mews at the moment?” Alice questioned making the other two flinch lightly. Apparently Alice had been so quiet, they'd completely forgot about her. That happened way too often.



Lily nodded her head and sighed. “For the moment, yeah, we're the only two. We still have to find a few more of them.” The tigress replied nodding her head before she glanced over to Mark who simply nodded as well.



“Three to be exact.” He spoke obviously just wanting to give them an exact number.



The ebony haired girl stared at the red headed boy for a second before sighing. “See? Three to be exact.” She repeated in a teasing tone.



The emerald eyed girl before them giggled lightly. “Well alright, three it is.” She replied nodding her head a few times before falling silent again.



“Anyway, you two should be getting out of here.” Mark told them pushing the two towards the door. “I'll see you tomorrow.” He smiled to the two as he shut the door behind them before returning to the back of the shop.



Lily couldn't help but stick her tongue out at him after he'd disappeared in the backroom. “Blah…” She mumbled before she looked to Alice and grinned childishly.



“Shall we, uh, go for ice cream seeing as there's nothing else to do?” The hazel eyed girl questioned the redhead.



“That sounds like quite the idea.” Alice smiled sweetly as they walked off to find themselves an ice cream stand or an ice cream shop or something of the sort.



~*~



Lily laughed lightly as she ran her fingers through her hair. She'd gone back to work and found herself laughing about the entire ice cream thing afterwards. Man was Alice clumsy…always dropping her ice cream. Lily grinned as she continued to sweep the floor as her memories continued to flood back to her as if they'd happened the day before.



~*~



Neko: …not as many words…so sad. Eh, but whatever. I hope you enjoyed the second installment of Canadian Mew. As for me, well, I'm just glad I finally got around to writing it. ^^; Um…read and review and all that good stuff. Come on, y'know you want to. >D Anyway, see you in the third installment of Canadian Mew!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment