Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - That Night...

A semi-normal teen named Crysta Aile finds out she is not so normal after all...

Chapter 3 - That Night...

Chapter 3 - That Night...
Chapter 3

“Wha…?” Crysta murmured. She looked around her. She was in the middle of a dark, moonlit forest. The canopy of fall-colored leaves nearly blocked out the dark sky filled with grey clouds, where one small, clear gap between the clouds revealed a silver full moon.

Crysta looked down at herself. There was a thin black choker around her neck, but no other jewelry. She was wearing a dark, flowing gown, similar to the style that her sister wore, except this gown had shoulder-less sleeves billowing in the cool wind. A particularly strong gust of wind blew past her, causing her to hug her arms to her chest to ward away the cold.

“Hello…?” She whispered, suddenly sensing someone else’s presence. But no one answered.

Crysta stepped forward, dead leaves crunching beneath her bare feet. The presence of whoever-or whatever- strengthened. The hair on the back of Crysta’s neck stood on end.

“Hello?!” She repeated.

Her skin began to tingle, and the sense of being watched became almost unbearable.

Crysta jumped around. She knew that whoever was following her was behind the particularly evil-looking tree before her, with dark black bark and no leaves left. The gnarled branches were twisted and seemed to have a life of their own, bending and swaying in the icy wind.

A strange feeling overcame Crysta. She felt frozen- her eyes were stuck on that tree.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a figure emerge from behind it.

It was a male about her age, but about three inches taller. He was wearing a black silky-looking robe that billowed in the intensifying wind.

His pallid, sun-deprived face was the only bit of skin exposed to the cold night air. His dried blood-colored hair was shoulder-length, but two pointed ears were revealed as the wind played in it. Jagged bangs hung over his eyes, as his head cocked down with an evil grin. Crysta had no doubt that the red stripe down his chin was blood, as the coppery odor was picked up by the wind.

“…Who… are you…?”Crysta whispered. The wind moaned through the trees with a particularly strong gust. The dead leaves on the ground blew through the air, several flying into Crysta, but she didn’t notice. She was still frozen in place, but now her gaze couldn’t leave the boy’s face.

He said nothing, but slowly raised his head.

The wind caught his bangs, and blew them away from his eyes.

His eyes were glowing red.

“Wha?!” Crysta cried, trying to move backward, but still frozen.

The boy threw back his head and laughed, revealing glistening white fangs.

He then turned his attention back to Crysta, his gaze unwavering on her throat.

Finally, he spoke, but not with the words Crysta had hoped “Now, hold still, my dear.” He opened his mouth, his fangs seemingly increasing in size, and a feral hiss escaping his throat. Without giving Crysta a chance to scream or react in any way, he leapt forward, fangs bared.

“No…” was the last thing Crysta thought before vampire embraced her, his lips pressed to her neck.

____________


“NO!!”

Crysta lurched forward, flinging her covers across the bed and clutching her throat. She looked around frantically, seeing only her room.

“Oh, thank heavens… It was just a dream…Phew!” She thought, calming down. She checked her watch- 12 O’clock AM.

“I might as well get some more sleep…” Crysta murmured, lying back down after rearranging her disheveled bed. “Uhhhhh…”

____________

Crysta looked around, this time in a well-lit forest, the full moon gleaming in the clear night sky. A warm breeze ruffled her hair and played with the same black gown she had been wearing before. Red, orange, and brown leaves were covering the trees, and allowed streams of the moonlight to filter through.

Crysta sighed contentedly, the calmness of the warm night seeping into her.

She sat comfortably on a large rock nearby, enjoying the playful breeze and the bright starlight.

After a while, she felt a light presence begin to appear. It was not overly strong, but seemed to be more reserved, and kind. This presence didn’t scare Crysta; it merely made her curious.

“Hello?” She asked, sitting up.

A form began to materialize before her. Slowly a male appeared.
Crysta gasped. “You’re the boy who saved me from falling down the stairs at school!!”

The boy nodded.

He had the same features as the last time she’d seen him, but now he was wearing a white robe that fluttered in the breeze, and, the biggest shocker of them all, a pair of white, feathery wings!

“…An angel…?” Crysta murmured, the feathery feeling coming, similar to before. But this time, she enjoyed it- it was ever so peaceful, and calming…

Crysta was soothed to seep by that light feeling, barely hearing it when the boy spoke.

“Good luck, Crystalynn Aile…”


____________


Crysta slept peacefully from that point until several hours before dawn, when the moonlight filtered through her lacy curtains. Crysta sighed and rolled over to get the light out of her eyes.

“Well, look who finally decided to wake up!”

“Kiyyaaa!” Crysta cried, shocked awake by her mother’s voice.

Her mother was standing by the foot of her bed, hands on her hips.

“We have to get you ready! It’s your 15th birthday today, is it not?” She exclaimed, cocking an eyebrow.

Crysta pulled the covers over her head. “But Mooommmm… It’s only three-thirty! On a Saturday!!”

The covers were yanked off the bed again. “Yes, and we only have four hours before the sun comes up. Come ON!”

“Grrr… Fine…” Crysta grumbled, clumsily falling out of bed. She sighed, and straightened out her wrinkled nightgown. “Let’s get started with whatever you want me to do.”

“Finally. Now let’s MOVE!” Her mother replied, grabbing her daughter’s hand and dragging her to her other daughter’s room.

“Hello, mother, sister.” Kayla said. “I have the dress I wore back then ready. Here,” she said, holding up a plain black gown with shoulder-less, flowing sleeves, similar to the one in Crysta’s dreams.

As they helped Crysta into the dress, Crysta muttered, “NOW will you tell me what the heck you expect to do to me?!”

Her mother and sister looked at each other, then at Crysta.

“No,” they said in unison.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

_Sam_ on October 7, 2007, 10:14:59 AM

_Sam_ on
_Sam_Man, that first dream sequence in C3 was fun to write! *laughs evilly*