Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - I'm a WHAT?!

A semi-normal teen named Crysta Aile finds out she is not so normal after all...

Chapter 5 - I'm a WHAT?!

Chapter 5 - I'm a WHAT?!
Chapter 5


Crysta ran into the kitchen to find seven kids around her age there, gossiping amongst themselves and lounging about as if they’d rather be somewhere else.

When she walked in, several of them raised their heads.

“Uhh… Hello…?” Crysta said awkwardly, pushing a loose piece of her bangs behind her ear.

Now all of them were looking at her, and Crysta had the chance to get a good look at all of them.

There were four girls- one was a blonde who looked about the same age as Crysta, with red eyes similar to Laurena and Aunt Katlyn’s, who wore her hair in a long, layered ponytail and wore a plain white dress. Another one-about eighteen years old- was dressed in a red gown in a style similar to the one Crysta wore. Her grey eyes were similar to Crysta’s own, and had her wavy black hair pulled back in a style similar to Crysta’s, except much longer- nearly past her waist. The next had dark reddish-grey eyes, looked a little older than Crysta- maybe sixteen- had her shoulder-length brown hair in two pigtails, and was wearing a black mini-skirt, a maroon tank top, and black, thigh-high socks. The last was around fifteen years old, and had large, green eyes. She wore her reddish-brown, nearly knee-length hair down, parted into two sections in the back, and had it draped over her shoulders. She wore a black, backless dress that went to the floor.

Out of the three boys, one of them looked about eighteen, and had well-groomed, chin-length brown hair. He was wearing a dark blue jacket and black pants, and had dark brown eyes. Two of the guys sat next to each other and looked at Crysta impatiently, as if she’d interrupted their conversation. The first had short, messy black hair, with bangs over his eyes. He wore a white dress shirt and back pants. He looked about sixteen years old, and his twinkling, green eyes showed that he was a bit on the mischievous side.

The other fifteen-year-old was a bit different from the previous two boys- he was dressed in a black t-shirt and jeans, and his red eyes reflected the bored scowl on his face. Two fangs peeked out of his closed lips, as if they didn’t fit in his mouth, they were so long. His hair was piece-ey and shoulder-length with bangs that almost covered his eyes, and his hair color was close to…

“…The color of dried blood……That’s the vampire from my dream…!” Crysta thought, the hair on the back of her neck prickling.

The girl with the wavy black hair who looked about eighteen stood and walked over to her, a slight smile on her lips.

“Hello, Crysta. I’m Cilia Aile, and that girl over there,” –she pointed at the girl with the shoulder-length brown pigtails- “is my sister, Zenia.” Cilia then pointed at the blonde girl and continued, “She’s Dawn Mahogany, and she,” –she pointed now at the girl with the knee-length hair- “is Agatha Mahogany.” Cilia then turned to the guys, and indicated the oldest one. “That’s Wyatt Aile,” -she then turned to the green-eyed one- “and he’s Davis Mahogany- Agatha’s older brother. And that’s…. Um…Who are you?” Cilia asked the vampire.

“He’s not part of the family- he’s just my friend who’s staying at my house for the weekend, and just came with us.” Davis explained, as the vampire nodded.

“Yeah, I’m Terrance Thor.” He shrugged, and then looked at Cilia. “So is this ceremony thing you demons all do just a family reunion? Our vampire ceremonies at least have some sort of purpose.”

“WHAAAAT??!!! I’M A DEMON??!!!!” Crysta cried, near the point of hyperventilation.

Cilia sighed. “Well, I would have explained it in different terms, but… Yes. Pretty much. You’re a demon. Congratulations.”

Half the other kids laughed, and the other half sighed.

“Well, I guess it was way faster this way then beating around the bush for too long…” Zenia stated, shrugging.

“How was I supposed to know she hadn’t learned she was a demon yet? We vampires all know what we are from the beginning.” Terrance mumbled, crossing his arms.

“This should be a happy experience, not a traumatizing one…” Agatha murmured, petting Crysta’s back as she tried to take slow, deep breaths.

“Yeah, I mean, there are some plus sides to being a demon… Like… we’re almost immortal- we can’t die of old age! And you don’t have to sleep- you can if you want, but you don’t need to!” Cilia exclaimed happily.

“Yeah- you can also use your demon powers to mess with a human’s head! Like, once, when a human was being annoying to me, later that day, I scrambled his brain and made him think he was a chicken. He went around flapping his arms and eating off the ground for hours!” Dawn laughed.

“And, after your awakening, you get wings and this really nifty tail!” Davis said.

“W-wings…? A-and a tail…? Ohhhhh…” Crysta murmured, still in shock.

Cilia came forward. “Anyhow, we were supposed to tell you the history of the demon… so, I guess we can do that now.

“The original demon was a cross between a vampire and a human, with some dark magic thrown in to replace the impure human half. Fortunately for us now-but unfortunate at the time-, the elders who preformed this dark magic were unable to completely rid us of our human-like properties, causing us to look like a human with a few vamp-like qualities- the claws, ears, eyes, and the like- and the bits that the dark magic caused- bat wings, and an arrowhead tipped tail, to name a couple. Nowadays, we demons have learned to illusion-shapeshift from our true form- with cat-eyes, wings, and a tail- to a more… human-based one- the one we’re all in right now.”

Crysta had calmed down a bit, and was now curious. “I guess there’s no use in being afraid of what I’ve always been…” Crysta raised her hand a little. “So what are the differences between demons and vampires- I mean, besides the whole dark magic/ part human thing?”

Cilia looked to the vampire-boy, who stood, as if taking the question upon himself.

“To understand the differences, you’ll have to be taught what a vampire is in the first place. You’ve probably heard the twisted variations of human stories about vampires- that we can turn into bats, drink blood to turn humans into vampires themselves, can’t touch sunlight, can’t stomach the smell of garlic, don’t have reflections in mirrors, ect… but only about half that’s true.

Real vampires are not able to turn into bats, but can communicate with them, and often use them to spy for us. This caused nosey humans to believe that, since we’re always seen with one around us, we could transform into one- of course, they were wrong.

Vampires also can drink the blood of any living, humanoid creature- that includes you demons, merfolk, angels, werewolves, other vampires- although we only feed off of each other whenever in dire need- and the like, although we definately prefer humans for their taste- it is bitter, yet sweet, and tangy…” Cilia cleared her throat, knocking Terrance out of his reminiscence. “…Well, anyway, we prefer humans to anything else, and only bite other immortals when we want to/have to. And we don’t particularly just bite people because we want to- we have a need for blood. You see, blood to us vampires is like water to you and most other creatures- we MUST have it, lest we dry up and die. But blood isn’t the only thing we can consume- we eat food, just like anyone else. But water is just… useless to us. When a mortal drinks salt water, the affect is similar to what happens when a vampire drinks any type of water, or other liquid than blood, in that case.

“But we can’t go drinking blood every time we get a little thirsty, or else our cover would be blown. We have to be conservative- we only drink blood about once a week at the most, but we HAVE to drink at least once a month, or else die. But because we drink so little at a time- just enough to keep us going- nothing happens to our victims- except that they usually pass out from blood loss. Eventually they wake up, thinking, “Why did I fall asleep here?”

“Now where was I…? Oh, right. Sunlight.” Terrance shuddered. “Sunlight. Now that is one mean killer. You see, sunlight can’t be fooled. It sees what we truly are- undead, animated corpses. Heh, I know, flattering description, is it not?” He laughed, and most of the kids in the room did, too- except Crysta, who nervously chuckled so she'd fit in.

“The original vampires were drained of their blood somehow, so they died- but they were raised again by some witches, with the instinct- the need- to get the precious fluid. After they bred amongst each other, they created creatures that shouldn’t have existed in the first place- their parents were dead. The sun knew that, so, under sunlight, the original vampires’ life forces were burned away, until the original corpses were all that were left. For their offspring- and all the born-vampires today- the sun sees that they shouldn’t exist, and whenever we are exposed to sunlight, we burn up to nothing.

“Now, for the garlic… garlic is, well… very smelly.” He chuckled. “The original vamps were created with a much stronger sense of hearing- for listening for humans with the blood, hence the larger, angular ears- great vision- that’s why we have cat eyes, used to seek out victims- fangs, of course, with hollow centers that we can use like a straw into our blood stream- and a very strong sense of smell- so they could sniff out blood easily. Now, that also means that not only garlic, but anything with a particularly strong scent will make our heads spin.

“And finally, reflections- like the sunlight, mirrors can’t be fooled- they reflect what is there, and nothing more, and nothing less. Since we shouldn’t exist, we have no reflections. As simple as that, no?”

Terrance cleared his throat. “Now, back to your original question- the differences between your species and mine. Well, since you all are half vampire, part human, and part pure black magic, you have many vampiristic characteristics- the strong sense of hearing, an above-human sense of smell, the claws we once used to help us bring blood to the surface, a drive to attack humans, but not exactly with the same purpose- the first demon was born with this feeling of the need to attack, but had no reason to, and it drove her BATTY. So, she decided that, since she had a need to attack, that she could just ‘tease-attack’ them- scaring them by jumping out from behind corners, giving them nightmares, ect. That’s also why you all have a particular dislike of humans- you have the need to get near them, but you can’t do anything once you’re there.

“You also have slight fangs, but they are solid, and not hollow, so are pretty much useless.

“Demons also have no ability to talk to bats or other creatures of the like such as foxes and moths, but are attracted to them- by the way, Crysta, what was your lifetime favorite animal?”

Crysta gasped. “…my favorite animal has always been a bat, then a grey fox…”

Terrance laughed. “Yep, what’d I tell you? Anyway, you all also have a bit of human in you still- the human strength and most of their vitality, unlike a vampire’s total immortality to everything except blood loss, as in you can’t die of old age, but can die of anything else- sickness, murder, drowning, fire, ect. Demons can also go into the sunlight, unlike us vamps. This is because you all are part human, and therefore, the light recognizes that you have some traceable history, and that you truly exist, in some form. But, as dark magic is directly opposite light, it is also acknowledged by the light- that’s why your normal shadow- that is, after you’ve been awakened as a demon- has wings and a tail. The same goes for mirrors- that’s why you have no full-body mirrors in your house, Crysta.

“Now, as you already have been told, you are also part dark magic. This is what your wings and tail are formed from. It also gives you the use of some of the magic- there are many skills, such as voodoo, levitation, nightmares, and many others; I won’t get into that, though.” Terrance looked at Cilia and asked, “Is that about it?” She nodded and stepped up to Crysta.

“Now, do you have any questions?” Cilia asked.

“Um, yes, why do our great-grandparents look as if they’re as young as our parents?” Crysta asked, her head spinning from all the sudden realizations, yet wanting to know more.

“Well, besides being almost immortal, we also have eternal youth- we stop growing once we reach about age thirty-five, and look pretty much the same for all of eternity. I just wish you’d of gotten to meet great, great, great, great grandma. She’s almost six-hundred- and she looks almost younger than my mom, Katlyn.” Dawn giggled.

“Any more questions?” Wyatt asked, getting up from his seat at the kitchen table and walking over.

“No, I think I’m fine now.” Crysta replied, a thousand questions bouncing around in her head. “It’ll be dawn in an hour… Ma and Da would be angry if I stalled for too long.” She thought, shrugging.

“Okay, then, follow us.” Wyatt said as all the other kids stood and began to walk out of the kitchen and into the backyard, where a full moon glared down at them all.

Crysta gasped at what awaited them.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment