Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Before the raid

Kima and Yuni have been born into a word of war and hate. The dragons on the islands from the north have invaded the southern islands. Dragons died in the first raid and now Kima and Yuni have to try to survive.

Chapter 1 - Before the raid

Chapter 1 - Before the raid
Silent cries of boredom rose from the nest. Haltchlings pestering their blue mother to teach them to fly. "Mother, why won't you teach us to fly yet?" Yuni questioned her mother. Their mother was a deep blue dragon with icey colored eyes. She looked down at her hatchlings and laughed, clear and cheerfully.

"I can't teach you to fly, because you are not old enough. Your wings must grow to be bigger before they will be able to support your weight." She cooed. The hatchlings grumbled and their mother huffed. "Alright, you want to see some flying, then I will show you some flying." She said as she rose.

The mother flapped her wings, sending the hatchlings on my bellies from the force of the wind she made. She took flight and soared around them. The sun dancing elegently off her dark blue scales, and her ivory horns that grew from the base of her skull. She banked as she flew, then barrel rolled to the side.

Yuni laughed as she watched her mother fly around them. The sun danced off the each of the hatchlings different shades blue scales. Yuni's green eyes twinkled with joy as their mother flew to the sun and returned like a silloutted shadow. When she landed the hatchlings ran to her. "WOW! YOU SURE CAN FLY! WHEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO DO THAT!" They asked her quickly.

Their mother chuckled, "Not much longer. Don't worry my young ones. Now then, off to bed." She pushed the hatchlings to the back of the nest, where the trees around them sheltered them from the sun and rain.

Yuni turned as she padded to the sleeping spots. Kima was watching the sun as it began to set. Her scales were the deepest color of the hatchlings, they looked like dark pools of blue in the sun, but almost black in the dark. Yuni shoved her a little and smiled at her sister. "Kima, what is it?" She asked playfully. "Have griffens stolen your tounge again?" She mused after Kima had not answered.

Kima looked at her sister with concerned violet eyes. Her eyebrow ridge was contorted as she scowled. Deep in thought. "Yuni, we have to stay up tonight." She said simply.

Yuni laughed, her green eyes twinkling once again, but they stopped as Kima looked at her rather seriously. "I'm serious, we have to stay up tonight." Kima ordered this time.

Yuni looked at her and nodded, then the two walked over to their mother; who was watching them intently. They curled up with the other four hatchlings. Soon snores filled the night air, and Yuni poked Kima in the side. Kima looked at her. "Kima... are you certain we have to stay up... I'm tired." Yuni complained.

Kima huffed and thought for a few moments. "Alright, you can go to bed. But I'll wake you up when we need to be awake." Kima said flatly. Her words make Yuni feel guilty at letting her sister down so soon. But quickly sleep took control of her, and she forgot her guilt.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ruleruben on May 13, 2011, 10:07:32 PM

ruleruben on
rulerubenkool begining when will there be more?

akidaz56 on June 4, 2011, 1:24:36 AM

akidaz56 on
akidaz56I'm adding another today actually!