Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Night of Fire and Hate

Kima and Yuni have been born into a word of war and hate. The dragons on the islands from the north have invaded the southern islands. Dragons died in the first raid and now Kima and Yuni have to try to survive.

Chapter 2 - Night of Fire and Hate

Chapter 2 - Night of Fire and Hate
Kima watched the sky intently, her violet eyes unwavering despite the strong pull of sleep against her young body. Kima shook herself occasionally to remain vigilant as the sky continued to darken. She had a gut feeling, an instant maybe. That was telling her, stay awake and watch the sky.

The clouds continued to roll by though, no sign of why she had this feeling. Kima began to doubt it too. She watched the sky though, listening to ones instinct was one of the keys to survival.

As sleep began to pull at her eyes even stronger, and Kima dared closed them for a few moments. A terrible roar erupted from the north. She opened her eyes, dark shadows shaped like terrifying dragons flew at them. She screamed, waking the others in an instant.

Yuni jumped up and ran into her sister, sending them both bawling off the nest. Their mother screamed and took flight, soaring down to meet them before the ground did. Yuni flapped her wings, they still weren't large enough to support her weight, but maybe they could slow her down. She flapped furiously and Kima began to do the same.

The world around them was suddenly lit with orange flames. Blue, red, and orange fires danced across the sky. Kima watched as she still plummeted down the cliff side. Her mouth was open in shock and fear, Yuni screamed her siblings names as their very own nest was lit into a fiery haze. "KIMA! YUNI!" Their mother yelled as she caught them, relief flowed into her brilliant icy blue eyes.

Then the world froze for the two hatchlings. Their mother held them safely in her arms and rested them on the rocky ground. Then right before their eyes, another dragon flew down. It ran its claws through her, and bit into the back of her neck. She screamed with pain and whirled on the dragon. Her scales taking not enough damage. The dragon's claws glinted with what appeared to be metal.

Tears formed at both of the girls' eyes. They watched helpless and screaming her name as the two dragons fought. They collided in the air, slashed at each other, attempted to pin on to the cliffs. Their mother swiped her tail across the dragon's face, her spiky tip removing some of his black scales below his left eye. He roared and flew above her, folded his wings and pile drives into her before she could move out of the way.

As they continued to battle in the air, jets of flame being released every few seconds. The world around the hatchlings was being destroyed, all of it. The trees set aflame, the rocks breaking, water was being thrown onto the flames, but it wouldn't work.

Yuni screamed her mother's name and was soon joined by Kima once again, their mother was wrestling him on the ground, blood coming from a large gash on her shoulder and neck. She was beneath him, and he soon had his fangs around her throat again, and this time, the sound of bones breaking filled the air. She let out one last defiant roar, before her eyes faded gray.

The two hatchlings held their breath, tears flowing from their green and violet eyes. The black dragon looked at them and hissed at them. Before leaping towards them with a deafening roar. Yuni grabbed Kima's left horn that was growing from the top of her skull and pulled her back in time. They jumped up and over the dragon and ran into the forest, to thick for the large dragon. Flames of blue fire burned around them as he looked for the two.

Kima stopped running as they entered a cave. Her breath came fast and heavy, Yuni in no better shape. "They are..." She whispered.

"No," Yuni said with strong eyes, "we still have father. He has to be still alive." She said with courage and the two curled up together in the back of the cave.

"I hope you're right..."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment