Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Crash Landing

A fanfiction based on Invader Zim.

Chapter 1 - Crash Landing

Chapter 1 - Crash Landing






"Kez? KEZ!"
Kez rolled her eyes as she stalked into the main control room of their ship. It was a large room, full of gigantic tubes, flashy buttons, and a huge chair that rested in the exact center of the room, where Rok sat staring at the view screen.
"What is it THIS time, Rok?" she grumbled, stepping up beside the small green alien clothed in an annoying orange outfit. Orange cloak, orange goggles... I swear, if he could change his skin color he would, Kez thought to herself. Why can't he just dress normal? Noooooooo, he has to be an individual.. Stinkin' rebel.
"Kez! Where are we?" Rok asked, turning his gargantuan head to face Kez.
"What do you mean? We're in space. You know, floating through the uni--- what is THAT?" She was referring to the view screen, where a monkey was dancing around happily.
"I...don't...know." Rok answered, the monkey stealing his attention away from Kez. "We landed and--"
"What do you mean we landed?!" Kez interrupted him.
"Let me finish, worm-brains! We landed and I tried to send out a transmission signal, and this is what I got in return.. I believe that creature is trying to communicate through some foreign sign language!"

"Great, just great. Rok, how long has it been since we landed?" Kez asked, trying her best not to explode in anger.
"About an hour. Hey. Hey, Kez? What do you think this means?" Rok asked, slipping out of his chair and removing his cloak. Kez watched him for a moment, waiting for him to do something. He stared at the view screen before turning to face her, jumping up and down and waving his arms like a madman.
"Are you...imitating the monkey on the view screen?" Kez asked, stifling her laughter.
"Yeah, yeah. What do you think it means?" He repeated his question, but Kez had already begun to walk away. He immediately stopped leaping around and snatched his cloak, wrapping it around his body.
"Rok, where is Til? And Mex?"
"Til? Mex? You mean the creepy guy in blue and the robot-thing?"
"YES, the creepy guy-thing and the robot in blue.."
"They left to explore the planet.. Dunno why they would do that, though.."

"And why did you not tell me this the MOMENT they left?"
"Ooh.. I fell asleep..." Rok muttered, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.
"Asleep? ASLEEP?!" Kez growled.
"Uhm... yes?"
"That's it! Follow me!" Kez said, heading towards the ship's main entrance.
"Where exactly are we.. going?" Rok asked nervously.
"To find Til and Mex. Any more stupid questions you'd like to ask me before we leave?"
"Just one.. won't we need disguises?"
"Disguises? Disguises! Of course." Kez lifted her wrist to her mouth. "Guidance chip, position please.."
"Planet Earth. Milky Way Galaxy, third planet from the Sun. Dominant species: humans." came the reply.
She lowered her wrist and glanced at the main computer.
"Computer, disguise choices for planet Earth," she ordered.
"Species?"

"Humans."
Rok's eyes darted around the room as a wide variety of disguise holograms appeared before the two aliens.
"Kez, maybe I should stay here.. and protect the ship from savage humans.."
"Nonsense, Rok, you're coming with me. Computer, defense systems activated. Shield up." Kez commanded.
"Command confirmed."
"Now, Rok, choose a disguise. BE QUICK ABOUT IT!" Kez instructed.
Rok's gaze shifted to the holograms.
"Wellllll.. That one.." Rok said, pointing at a hologram of a young human boy with black hair and green eyes.
"Disguise deposited."
Rok rushed over to the controls where his disguise was emerging from a hole in the floor.
"I choose.. that disguise," Kez said, skimming over the holograms before settling on the disguise of a young blonde human girl.
"Disguise deposited." the computer repeated.
"What about Til and Mex? Shouldn't they have disguises?" Rok asked, returning to Kez's side with both of their human costumes.
"Yes, they should camouflage themselves with the humans as well.." Kez said, considering Rok's question. "Computer, randomly select two more disguises."
"Disguises deposited."
"Rok, hand me my disguise and fetch the other two," Kez directed her companion, who obeyed without protest.
Kez and Rok swiftly slipped into their disguises and dashed to the main entrance, prepared for whatever awaited them on the horrible planet Earth. They both backed up against the wall, laser guns and portable shields easily in reach. Kez glimpsed over Rok and nodded approvingly.
"Rok," she whispered, "the plan is to find Til and Mex and return to the ship as soon as possible so we can get off of this planet of overflowing filth."
"Right-o, Kez," Rok replied. "I mean.. affirmative."
Kez sighed, her hand tracing the side of the wall until it reached the small button that would open the mechanical door. She pressed it, yet made no sudden movements. After a moment's hesitation, Kez leaned over and peered out the door. It was dark outside of the ship, yet the defense shield provided enough light for Kez to scan their surroundings.
"Clear," she muttered, taking a few steps out the door and down the ramp, Rok following close behind.
"There are no humans in sight," Rok said softly. "Suspicious."
"I agree." Kez nodded and leapt off of the ramp rather than walking the rest of the way down it.
Kez lifted her wrist to her mouth once more, ready to give the main computer its instructions.
"Computer, locate Mex, give us the current time, and disguise yourself," she directed.
"The time is eleven o'clock P.M., Earth time."
A small holographic map appeared before her, powered by her watch. Her position was marked by a yellow dot, and Mex's location was purple. Though the map showed the entire planet rather than a specific location.
"Computer, zoom in on the holographic map."
The dots grew larger as the formations on the map became recognizable. The map ceased zooming just as the streets became clear.
"Mex is a long distance away.. yet we should be able to reach him by walking." Kez turned around to face the ship and crossed her arms over her chest. "Did I not order you to disguise yourself?"
The ship rapidly began to transform until it was almost the exact replication on the buildings surrounding it. Kez nodded, pleased by the computer's new appearance. Rok, on the other hand, looked disgusted.
"My beautiful ship, ruined by this human garbage!"
"Rok, calm down. It can transform back, no problem. Now, come on. We have to find Til and Mex."
"But.." Rok began, but his words were cut short by Kez, who grabbed him by his collar and began dragging him, almost choking him in the process.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment