Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Stuck

A fanfiction based on Invader Zim.

Chapter 2 - Stuck

Chapter 2 - Stuck





"Til and Mex should be around here somewhere.." Kez informed Rok quietly as she crept down the street, laser gun in hand, and portable shield close by.
"Yeah, well I don't see them," Rok replied rather rudely.
"Oh, shut up! You're going to screw everything up...as usual."
"Me? Screw everything up? You've caught the human-creatures' stupid-disease!" Rok said, eager to defend himself.
"If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be on this stinkin' good-for-nothing planet!"
"Hey, YOU'RE the captain, so it's YOUR fault!"
"Well, YOU fly the ship, genius!"
The two aliens faced each other, furious and ready to attack.
"Hello? Kez? Rok? Oh, don't fight.. I put up with enough of that on the ship!" whined a third alien who popped out from behind a large box, accompanied by a small robot.
"Stay out of this, Til!" Rok and Kez roared together.
"Wait.. Til?" Kez blinked, confused, and turned to face the other alien and his robot companion.
"Oh, don't change the subject, Kez!" Rok growled.
Kez ignored him and rushed to Til's side.
"Where have you been? I've been trying to get in touch with Mex through the main computer, but I couldn't.."
"Kez? Kez! Ke--" Rok paused, his gaze focused on the other three. "Hey! Til? Where'd you come from? Kez, I found Til."
Kez rolled her eyes and kneeled beside Mex, patting him on his cold metal head.
"Hey, Mex looks different.." Kez said thoughtfully.
"Ooh, yeah. I reprogrammed him. Well, tried to, anyway.." Til said.
"Tried? What's that supposed to mean?"
"I tried to make his artificial intelligence more advanced, but ended up.. accidentally decreasing his intelligence by a good bit.."
Kez stared at Til for a moment before whacking him on his head, paying the creepy evil laugh coming from Rok no mind.
"What was that for?!" Til exclaimed, rubbing the back of his head.
"Oh, you deserve worse. You better have some good news, like a way to get off this stinkin' planet!"
"I do, I do!" Til said excitedly, reaching behind his back. "I present to you the latest weapon of mass destruction, able to demolish five planets in a matter of seco--"
"Just get on with it!" Rok interrupted impatiently.
"The coat hanger...... OF DOOM!" Til pulled a small coat hanger from behind his back, a mischievous smirk spreading across his pale green face.
"You idiot! A coat hanger of doom? That doesn't even SOUND threatening!" Kez grumbled.
"Not A coat hanger, THE coat hanger...... OF DOOM! And it does sound threatening, see?" Til flicked his finger over the metal hanger, causing it to make a faint twang sound.
"I think it's cute," came the mechanical voice of Mex. "I named it Beauford."
Kez groaned, then took a few seconds to skim over her crew. Rok, the obnoxious rebel; Til, the worm-brain obsessed with coat hangers; and Mex, the mentally challenged robot.
"Greeeeeeat," she said under her breath. "Think on the positive side.. Uhm.. Every cloud has a silver lining, the light at the end of the tunnel.. Oh, wait! No, that's death.."
Rok yawned and shifted his attention to their demented commander, who was busy comforting herself.
"Kez? I thought you said the mission was to find Til and Mez---"
"And the coat hanger of doom!" Til added.
"And the coat hanger of doom," Rok repeated mockingly," and get back to the ship as soon as possible.."
Kez nodded in reply, yet her mind was off somewhere else.
"Sure, sure.. let's get going then," she said, waving her hand in the direction of the ship.
"Ooh, Kez? What are you wearing, by the way?" Til asked, toying with the coat hanger (OF DOOM!).
"Huh? Oh! Disguises.. Right. Rok, give them their disguises. NOW!" Kez ordered, snapping back to reality.
Rok nodded and tossed the disguises at Til and Mev, who quickly got dressed (well, Mev took a bit longer than Til because he tried to put his disguise on backwards the first time).
"Kez? I'm not sure I like my disguise.." Til whined, now disguised as a young redheaded girl.
Kez shrugged, glancing him over.
"You look like a human to me."
"Gee, thanks a lot," Til muttered sarcastically, not at all excited about being dressed-up as a human.
"Ick! I don't wanna be an icky human dooty-face!" Mex sobbed.
"Stop complaining. You can pick out a new disguise when we get to the ship, got it?"
Mev nodded, only half-satisfied by the agreement.
"Follow me," Kez said.
The three aliens and the small robot, all disguised as humans, headed towards the ship.

-----


"Where's the ship?" Til groaned.
"It's right there," Kez answered, pointing to a large abandoned building that towered over the four friends.
"Kez, is your brain MALFUNCTIONING?! That is a human nest!" Til retorted.
"It's our ship DISGUISED as a human nest, genius.."
Til stared up at the ship in awe.
"Was it always that big?" he asked.
"Computer, open main entrance," Kez instructed, ignoring Til's stupid question.
"Wooo! Amusement park ride!" Mex squealed, running up to the side of the ship. He attempted to climb to the top, but only got a few feet off the ground before Rok tore him from the ship.
The purple robot fell on the ground, his eyes wide.
"Again! Again!" he exclaimed gleefully.
"NO, Mex," Rok grumbled.
The doors of the building in front of them flew open, it's rusty hinges squeaking as it did so. Kez stepped inside, followed by Til, and eventually Rok and Mex after they had stopped arguing. As soon as everyone was inside, the doors slammed shut behind them, the sound echoing through the building.
"Computer, prepare for launch," Rok said, grinning happily. "I love take-off!"
"Mmmm, take-out.." Mex said dreamily, rubbing his metal tummy.
"Take-OFF, not take-OUT," Rok corrected him.
"Computer system failure. Rocket engine malfunctioning."
"M...malfunctioning? No! No, no, NO!" Rok sobbed, his depression greater than his surprise. "My beautiful ship!"
"Forget the ship! What about us? We can't stay on this scuzz-gobbling pathetic excuse for a planet!" Kez said.
"Forget the ship? How dare you say that in front of her! She has feelings!"
"Oooooverreaction," Til whispered to Mex.
"Yup, yup. Like a beaver," Mex replied, shaking his head sadly.
"There, there, Rok. We can fix her," Til said, the volume of his voice returning to normal as he strode over to Rok to comfort him.
"Kez? Can I get my disguise nowww?" Mex begged the stressed captain.
"Sure. Computer, disguise choices for planet Earth.."
"Species?"
"Anything but human!" Mex answered, ripping off his old disguise to trade in for a new one.
The hologram disguise choices once again appeared in front of Kez, but she paid them no attention.
"Next, no, ugly.. Ew, what is THAT?" Mex asked as he rummaged through the disguises. "Omigosh! That one!" he squealed.
"Disguise deposited."
Mex took off towards the main controls, and returned shortly with his new outfit.
"An... Earth cow?" Kez asked as Mex held it up proudly to show it to her.
"No! It's a moo!" Mex corrected her, pulling his costume in to hug it tightly. "It loves me...but only as a friend!"
Kez sighed heavily and turned her back to the chaotic crew, walking slowly towards the main control room's exit. It slid open as she neared the door, and she strolled through it and on into her own room, tearing off her disguise as she did so.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

InvdrDana on November 4, 2005, 12:30:17 PM

InvdrDana on
InvdrDanaThis story is unbelievable. The characters are perfect and go so well with one another! I just can't ever say how much I love it in words alone! I get so absorbed in it while I'm reading and I can't stop reading. There's a great use of detail and vocabulary! I wish my writing could be at your level! IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!!!