Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1: A Hesitant Sunrise

Well, for the time being, I for some reason can't upload stories to fanfiction... So I posted this here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Divided by good and bad, strung by the past and present. Do their hearts have a future?" (Hakkai/Yaone)

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1: A Hesitant Sunrise

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1: A Hesitant Sunrise


On A Moon's Shadow

By: anime-dragon-tamer



Divided by good and bad, strung by the past and present. Do their hearts have a future? (Hakkai/Yaone)



Demon Fox: Come on! Tell me!



Dragon Tamer: Nope you have to guess.



Fox: Aw… I'm not keeping any secrets!



DT: How old are you? *quoting Sanzo from the manga*



Fox: What's that got to do with it?



DT: It's your hint. ^-^



Fox: *sigh* -.-; (I don't own Saiyuki)







Chapter 1: A Hesitant Sunrise



The sun rose in the west mountains of Houtou Castle. Orange, red, and faint purple painted the morning sky. Inside the castle, a young woman sat alone in her bedroom. She rested her head in one hand while the other held on to her sheets. The light streaming through the windows highlighted the pale skin and indigo hair with its golden glow. She released a gentle sigh as she recalled the night's dream.

“Why? Why do I keep dreaming of him?” she thought. Her dream floated through her mind, clear as crystal. She remembered the face of the man she had dreamt of. Tall, dark brown hair, gentle green eyes that matched his serene smile and calm disposition. “I don't understand…What does this all mean?—“

“Good morning, Yaone-chan!!!” a familiar voice sneaked up behind her.

“Ah!” she said in shock. She turned quickly around to see the face of a familiar young demon. “Lirin-chan! Please don't sneak up on me like that!”

“Sorry…” the girl apologized in her cute tone of voice. She sat behind her in almost a cat-like position in her pajamas, an oversized pink nightshirt, with her bright orange hair down and slightly messy from sleep. “Onii-chan told Lirin to wake you up. Guess whose making breakfast this morning!” A happy grin stretched across her face.

“Hm, is that so?” Yaone smiled to herself. Leave it to Kougaji's little sister to brighten her morning.

“Didja sleep good?” Lirin asked, looking at her with curious eyes.

“Yes, just fine…” she answered back. Lirin smiled and hopped of the bed.

“That's good!” She replied, ever cheerful. “Lirin is going to go change. Meetcha at breakfast!” Then she ran out the door in the same energetic spirit she always had. Yaone smiled, but it quickly faded when she left. She then stood up and stretched; her own pajamas consisting of a white tank top and blue shorts. She walked over to her vanity mirror and picked up her hairbrush. As she began combing out her hair, her mind left to wander again. What was her dream telling her? Why him, of all people? That man… could it possibly be that—

“No!” she shook her head to get rid of the thought. “That can't be. He's my enemy! I can't let such petty emotions get in the way of what's important.” She looked back through the window at the rising sun slowly fading into day before she continued to get dressed.

“This is the path I've chose. Nothing can change that. Nothing can get in the way…”







Fox: It's Saiyuki, isn't it!



DT: Wow, it took you that long… I'm already done with the first chapter. (wasn't that long though…)



Fox: O_O Seriously!? Well, at least tell me what genre it is?



DT: Um… nope. Gotta guess that too! ^-^



Fox: Aw, no fair!



DT: See ya next chapter! *should actually be out pretty soon o.o*






Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Son_Nuriko on February 7, 2006, 6:22:13 AM

Son_Nuriko on
Son_NurikoYay! First to write a comment! Go me! Go me! *ahem* Anyway... KEEP WRITING!!! It's so exciting! Is Yaone falling for our masked-man? Only DT can tell! PLEASE WRITE MORE!!!