Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Don't Cut

I wrote this talking to a friend about not liking how people always cut themselves, because it won't get them anywhere. It's really sad and really long, but worthwhile to read.

Chapters

Chapters

Chapter 1 - Her life
Submitted: June 19, 2006 • Updated: June 19, 2006
Word count: 265 • Size: 1k • Comments: 3 • views: 161

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

XxNewYorkCityCinemaAestheticsxX on December 15, 2008, 3:25:50 PM

XxNewYorkCityCinemaAestheticsxX on (Chapter: 1)
XxNewYorkCityCinemaAestheticsxXThis is a beautiful poem. I really enjoyed reading it. But may I say a few things?

If you've never cut yourself, you don't know anything about how it feels. You can't possibly imagine why someone would do it unless you were a cutter. I used to cut, and at the time, it seemed like the only thing that could solve the pain. There was so much sh*t happening, it felt like it was the only pain I could control. I could control how deep, or how long the cut was. I needed that control. When they put me on all of my medications, I started to feel numb. I used cutting again, just so that I could feel alive. Now that I look back on it, I realize that it was stupid to go that far.

I still need that control, but I channel my pain through art rather than blood now. And when I feel numb, I snap a rubber band around my wrist or hold ice on my arm.

You can't stop people from needing something, but you CAN help them find another way to get it.

Sam400 on July 9, 2006, 8:32:27 AM

Sam400 on (Chapter: 1)
Sam400WOw, this really IS deep... I`ll add it to favorites..

Mutos_gurl101 on June 19, 2006, 12:49:07 PM

Mutos_gurl101 on (Chapter: 1)
Mutos_gurl101Wow, this is deep and sad. I love this. you're good keep it up

*adds to favez*