Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Beast Boy/ Raven

A story from diffrent members of the team (or a villan's) point of view about Raven's and slades growing love life. (to find who's point of veiw it is, look at the chapter title) *long

Chapter 7 - Beast Boy/ Raven

Chapter 7 - Beast Boy/ Raven


“Well we've GOTTA do something!!! Are we just going to stand around while Raven is in the hands of that lunatic???”



I was frantic. I had run all the way from Terra to the Tower to get the news out. And- it seemed to all be in vain. They just stared at me.



“I don't believe that Raven would just walk willingly into the hands of our greatest and most formidable enemy. Not without a fight. We all have seen what Raven can do. I don't think she…”



I cut Robin off with a groan.



“But you didn't SEE her!! She looked… I don't know… like she was under a spell or something. Her eyes got all glazed over and she kind of floated up to follow him. It was indescribable.”



“You just did a pretty good job of describing it.” Cyborg said while raising his eyebrow.



I was so frustrated. I felt like screaming. Whatever just happened would probably explain all that was going on with Raven lately. Her zoning out, the fact that her sarcastic remarks were getting less and less- it could all be explained by this but they just wouldn't listen to me! I grabbed Robin.



“We HAVE to go after her. I don't know why Slade took her and not us, and I don't know what he wants to do with her, but… we have to go!”



Finally- Starfire spoke.



“Maybe Beast Boy is right- this is a strange turn of events. The villain Slade is known for his trickery and doing of bad things to us. He must be stopped anyway- is now not “the time” that Robin constantly speaks?”



And with that, we (all of us) left.





I couldn't meet his eye after he told me. I- it was a trick. He must know… but how would he know of my feelings… my emotion toward him… however odd or twisted they might be. And yet… he had told me that lately I had been interrupting his dreams… that I filled them. I was always there inside of him, and he didn't know why. He had taken me to find out, he said. He thought that this would make my figment stop haunting him. I didn't know what to say. What was there to say? Was I to thank him? To tell him to get lost? No. That wouldn't do. Here it was… my chance to tell all. Really a moment I think I had been dreaming of for quite some time. But how was I to start the conversation. I was silent.



“Are you frightened? Does this disturb you in some way? It is true we are… an unlikely pair, but if this feeling is correct, are we strong enough to fight it down? And if we are, do we have this right?”



Slade spoke and took a step towards me. I was frozen. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't move, I couldn't raise my voice- I was trapped within myself… Is this how all feel when in- dare I say it- love? Was Juliet to, as useless around Romeo? What about that stupid story with the glass slipper? Was this how the protagonist felt? (What WAS her name? It escapes me. Cindy, or Cathy or something like that, like I ever cared.) Does Starfire feel like this when around Robin? No, obviously not, after all she still fights by his side does she not. Hey, would this- fighting along side of the one I… love lift the “curse” that I an under? He took another small step towards me. He didn't want to make any moves without my first consent. How gentlemanly. *



“I am neither frightened nor disturbed. In fact, I too have been haunted by your image in my sleeping hours. I feel that after Trigon… our stars have been crossed, if you understand my meaning, though we are fated to forever be apart.”



I could almost see him grinning.



“Very romantic. Shakespearean, almost. Have you ever read Romeo and Juliet? You are almost quoting it.”



I flushed. I hadn't even noticed it. It just came out. He didn't seem to be mocking me though, just stating. How odd.



“Raven would you truly leave your friends all for my sake? To follow this hunch might lead to disaster, on either one of our parts. Are you prepared for such ridicule?”



I inwardly smiled. I can't believe that I thought him to be so dumb. I hadn't thought he would pick up my intent in the “stars have been crossed” bit but he had. Of course, now that he had, that left a lot of thinking on my part. Was I ready to forsake home and lifelong friends to follow a man that for almost my whole titan “career” had done nothing but harm us? I couldn't chose one without leaving the other. I opened my mouth to speak, to give him my answer and as I did, the rest of the titans came bursting in upon the scene.





*Authors note: Yes, scoff all you disbelievers in Slade (and this couple), but I think that Slade is very much so a gentleman. You just have to look deep enough.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment