Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

I had this is my head for about 2 days... it was so annoying I had to write it... It doesnt really have a plot... I think... and its very short.... Edo is telling the story, so you dont get confused.

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Chapter 1 - Untitled
I stood with soldiers surrounding me, each one wore a hard expression. I felt so short among the tall, square bodies of the others. But when I looked up at the soldier on my right, I felt stronger and less lonely. Beside me was Roy Mustang, and in his eyes was a glint of readiness and pride. I stood straight, holding a gun over my shoulder, just as the others did. Then it began.
        The battle call sounded and the soldiers scrambled. The sound of gunshots started. I raised my own gun and pulled the trigger, aiming at an enemy warrior, who toppled to the ground with an agonized scream. Now there was screaming and yelling all around me.
        I found Roy and followed him. But we were separated by an enemy soldier, who charged out right in front of me. He lunged at me with a knife and i moved so the blade just grazed my shoulder. Pain lanced through my body as the soldier unexpectedly fell to the ground. In his place stood Roy, his expression hard as he started at the dead warior. He shot a glance at me before running, once again, into the battle.
        I raced after him, but lost him again in the thick of the fight. And then the soldiers scrambled, leaving a pathway in front of me leading to a cannon.
        I was frozen to the spot with fear and dread. It wasn't any cannon.... it was an energy cannon! And it was aimed right at me! The enemy shot and it felt as though it were comming in slow motion. All I could do was turn my head and cover my face, bracing myself for death.
        But it never came. I heard an agonized scream somewhere in front of me, a voice I knew almost as well as my own.
        The blinding light faded and yet I remained where I was, afraid of what I would see if I looked up. But I couldn't stay like this forever. I moved my arms and opened my eyes- and froze. What I saw would haunt my memories forever.
        Roy's body lay unmoving on the ground in front of me. I ran towards him, all pain forgotten, dread rising within me. I refused to believe what I saw, though I dimly knew it was true.
        I knelt down beside him, tears falling down my face, calling his name. But there was no response. There never will be. His eyes were closed and he still wore an expression of pain on his bloodstained face.
        I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips to his one last time, feeling the warmth drain from his body. I tasted blood and realized what he had sacrificed for me. I closed my eyes and felt a bullet pass inches over my head. But I wouldn't have cared if it went right through. Nothing mattered anymore. The sounds around me seemed far away.
        All I wanted was to stay like this forever, and forget everything and everyone around me. All I remember is embracing Roy for the last time, tears rolling down my face, before the sounds around me disappeared.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AlchemistOfTheMist on November 29, 2006, 7:48:03 PM

AlchemistOfTheMist on
AlchemistOfTheMist..... -grabs a whole box of tissues- Oh my god.......I am going to cry.... That is a very touching story...Very touching.

Freckled_Pancakes on July 16, 2005, 1:15:29 PM

Freckled_Pancakes on
Freckled_Pancakesthat was so sad!! i love roy!! my freind alyssa hates him and would probaly laugh but i'm crying as i write this now!!*crys*

facelift on July 7, 2005, 7:43:40 AM

facelift on
faceliftthat was really sad!!*laughs slightly because i never really liked roy that much but still kinda liked him* i really like this story!
+favs

erin_lightning on July 3, 2005, 1:17:31 AM

erin_lightning on
erin_lightningThat was....so...sad....*grabs tissues* Now, being the avid fan I am, and the over-active author, you know I could start railing off flames...but I doubt you deserve it. No story's perfect, but yours is damn close.

Good job!