Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Father's Choice

First 5 chapters of this is on a laptop,which I don't have with me but Im bored so Ill put this chapter on anyway.
P.S. The harp is a present from him to her by the way (Chapter 6).

Chapter 3 - Father's Choice

Chapter 3 - Father's Choice
Chapter 3: Father’s Choice
Claire was awaken at 7:42 by a yell from her father from downstairs.
“Claire!? Claire get down here! Get changed & ready to meet your Prince Charming!”
Claire was drowsing on and off until that last sentence her father had said. She sat up on the second she heard the words “Prince Charming”. Her eyes widened and panic struck over her. She got a nasty head rush, and let out a squeal of pain. Her father took this as a “you got it”, and he smiled to himself. “Maybe she’s coming around to my kind of thinking after all.” He thought.
Upstairs, Claire was now over her head rush and was now walking around her room in circles, still in her silk pyjamas, desperately trying to relax.
“It’s ok. I can do this. I mean, how bad can this guy really be? He can’t be the snobbiest guy in the world, right?” Claire slowed down a little after saying this, but then started going faster around in circles and continued ranting.
“WHO AM I KIDDING!? He’s going to be the worst of the bunch! I didn’t even know my dad was serious about picking my future… NOOOO! Husband! He’s going to expect me to MARRY this guy! What to do, what to do? No, think positive. It’s ok. Everything’s going to be ok.” She breathed deeply, and opened the bedroom door just enough so she could hear what her father and ‘Prince Charming’ were talking about. She could hear her father’s deep voice and also this horrible, snotty, faked English accent voice, which didn’t help raise Claire’s spirits, but it wasn’t only the voice, but more like what they were talking about that riled up Claire. She heard the snooty voice talk first.
“I believe charity to be a waste of time. All those… people who live on the street. When I see one, I just feel like running home and scrubbing myself from head to toe. TWICE. If they’re so poor, then why don’t they get off their bottoms & get a job the lazy beggars!”
[Lazy?! He is BEYOND horrible!] Thought Claire to herself, her hand curling into a fist. She now heard her father speak.
“Yes… well… I think its time to get on with business.”
[Business? What business? No he doesn‘t mean..!]
The English voice spoke again.
“Yes. I think that with the vast, vast, vast, vast fortune that I have…”
[That’s why my dad picked him!]
“…it would be easy to afford any wedding that…that uh…”
King Rufus spoke: “Claire.”
“Claire! That’s it. Any wedding that Claire wants, she can have it.
[Wedding. No, it can’t be….]
Claire then heard her father speak again.
“Yes. Brilliant, absolutely wonderful! Now, where has Claire gotten to? I’ll go see if she’s ready…” And with that, her father started up the stairs.
Claire upon hearing these few words gasped and threw the door shut. She yanked open her wardrobe, grabbed something then shoved it on over her pyjamas, just as she heard her father knock on the door
“Claire? Are you dressed?”
“Yes, father. Yes!” Claire said with a panicky tone in her voice, and he father swung open the door, there being that squeak again.
Her father took a look at her then let out a sorrowful sigh. “Claire, you look a mess! Get ready! Prince Hunmerdinkile won’t wait for ever!”
Claire stared for a moment, thinking about what a horrible name that is, then came to her senses. “Yes father, sorry father. I’ll be ready in a minute.” Claire said, with a huge, forced smile on her face.
“Good!” Her father replied, wearing a smile almost as big as Claire’s. but not faked at all. He turned to leave, but then paused for a second. He turned towards Claire again.
“Oh, and Claire?”
“Yes?”
“Thank you for not acting up about this. It really shows me how much you’ve… matured.” He said with a smile, and then he hugged Claire, and walked out of the room, gently closing the door behind him.
Claire stared for a while, still holding that grin on her face, then released and crumpled on a heap on the floor like a piece of soggy paper. She looked down at the floor, eyes closed, her mind blank. Slowly she got up and took off her pyjamas and the black velvet dress she had pulled out in such a hurry just minutes ago. She put back the dress and folded her pyjamas neatly and lay them on the bed. She searched through her wardrobe, not sure what she was looking for. She grabbed a white, lavender embroidered dress and her white pumps that hosted a collection of amethyst jewels. Her mind had went blank, so she just did as she was told, knowing that that’s the way it would be for now on. She let her dark orange hair down and fashioned it into tousled curls, then she placed sparkling purple jewels in her hair that were designed to look like tiny roses. She then opened her bedroom door, heard the inevitable squeak, then closed it behind her. She walked to the top of the stairs, then paused. She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath, opened them, then walked down the stairs, towards her fate, not looking back.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment