Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Dragon Slayer's message

First 5 chapters of this is on a laptop,which I don't have with me but Im bored so Ill put this chapter on anyway.
P.S. The harp is a present from him to her by the way (Chapter 6).

Chapter 5 - Dragon Slayer's message

Chapter 5 - Dragon Slayer's message
Chapter 5: Dragon Slayer’s Message
The man that had just appeared gave a cheeky little smile as Claire stared at him in disbelief. The man was kitted out in full knight armour, all apart from the helmet. He looked about 24 years old, and he definitely would remind you of Claire’s long lost love, even though there were a few changes; he had gotten taller and even though you couldn’t see it, you could tell that he had been working out. These differences could definitely be explained though, the height cause of puberty & the muscular build because of the training you go through for fighting, for example a war. It was Dragon Slayer alright.
The man then spoke;
“Dragon Slayer huh? Haven’t been called that in a bit. Course, I haven’t been called anything in a while.” The man said, with a tiny chuckle in his voice. His voice had got deeper from when the last time she had saw him, all those six years ago. It made him sound more mature. Claire snapped out of her shock and stood up slowly, still slightly hurt from being blasted back against the wall. She then stared at him, let out a tiny sigh, gave a smile and she ran into his arms. Claire wrapped her arms round him. Claire backed off a little after the hug, to get a good look at the man.
“Are you…back?“
After a slight pause, Dragon Slayer replied;
“That doesn’t matter right now. I desperately need to talk to you about something of the utmost importance.”
Dragon Slayer then looked deeply into Claire’s emerald eyes. They gazed back at him, full of adoration. He placed his hands on her shoulders ever so lightly, then his face crippled slightly into a depressed expression. He shut his eyes, then moved his head in a sharp move to face the floor, giving it a slight shake. Claire’s face went slightly confused, and she said in a caring and slightly worried voice;
“Dragon Slayer? What’s wrong?”
The man looked back up at her, with a serious, sad look on his face. After a pause, he let go of Claire’s shoulders then said to her;
”Claire, I need to tell you something, something I wish I didn’t have to say. If there was any other way, any other way to stop what’s going to happen-”
“What? What are you talking about? What’s going to happen? Dragon Slayer?” Claire questioned as Dragon Slayer paused. He turned from her, but she touched his arm with her hand. He stopped, and gave out a deep sorrowful sigh as he lowered his head and stared at the floor with his eyes closed once again. He paused, then turned to face Claire again. Claire noticed that his eyes were starting to fill up slightly. He saw her looking then quickly wiped his eyes with his arm.
“I became a knight to protect people. To protect my family, my friends…to protect you. I would do anything to fulfil my mission, no matter what the consequences, no matter what the opponent, I would do what ever it would take. Now there is something I cant do...” He trailed off again and didn’t seem to have the confidence to go on. Claire reached out and touched his hand.
“Dragon Slayer? What can you not do?”
He breathed deeply a couple of times, then said;
“Do you remember when we were 15, and I had just became a real knight?”
Claire nodded silently in reply.
“Well the dragon that I had slayed, it was a mother.”
Claire’s eyes widened, then she mouthed the words: ‘a mother?’.
“Yes, it had a child. When I had went to kill that dragon, I never needed to go into the cave because she was outside it, maybe waiting for me, I don’t know. What I do know though is that if I had went in, I would of seen the egg and maybe… maybe I wouldn’t need to do this. It’s my fault, and no matter how hard I try to fight it, I just cant think of any other way…” Dragon Slayer stopped again, still unable to declare what he so desperately needed to say.
Claire retracted her hand from his grip, and then placed her hands on his shoulders, so he was looking right into her eyes.
“Dragon Slayer.” Claire said with a stern but loving tone in her voice, “Tell me.”
Dragon Slayer gave a sigh, then said in a slightly laughing voice;
“I could never hide things from you. I would twitter on about the most random stuff to you, stuff that didn’t mean anything much, but you would always put it in perspective for me. It’s funny how it was so easy to talk to you about stuff that didn’t matter, but this thing I have to say, I have to, and you are the only one I can tell, it‘s almost too hard. Almost.” At this point his voice went slightly panicky, “Right, here it is. The baby dragon, it-”
“Claire? Claire are you alright? I heard banging coming from your room.” King Rufus yelled from the bottom of the stairs, and the next thing Claire heard was her father’s footsteps on the stairs. He was coming up!
Claire’s eyes widened & they flicked from the door to Dragon Slayer, with a look of panic on her face.
“Listen to me. You have to leave your home now. You have to run, run to our house. I’ll see you there, just run!” Dragon Slayer instructed her, with a slight sound of fear in his voice.
“What? I have to go? Why?” Claire yelled, looking at the door. When she looked back, he was gone. Once he had disappeared, the scale pendant fell from the ceiling to the ground.
“Dragon Slayer!!? What did you mean by our house? Where are you? Come back! Our house…? The cottage!” Claire suddenly realised in her mind. She was then awakened from her train of thought by her father trying to kick open her locked door.
“Claire! Open the door! Are you alright?! Claire!” Her father yelled from the hallway. Claire knew there was only two ways out of the room, and Rufus was blocking one.
The door finally burst open, and the King ran through the door way. He quickly scanned the room; no Claire, and the window, open. She was long gone.
Claire, at the point where her father had broke through the door, was galloping through the forest on her white horse, her clock flapping in the strong winds, the scale pendant tied round her neck. She kept her head low to avoid the cold, hard rain from hitting her face, and to also move as fast as she could. She needed to get to the cottage, she needed to find out what Dragon Slayer was going to tell her.
She sliced through the darkness, rushing toward the moment that would change her life forever.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment