Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Bye Bye Arty

Arty unwillingly gets mixed up in an adventure aside two extraordinary kids. If this mission fails, it will cost him not only his life but everyone's. Crossover, I don't own anyone.

Chapter 1 - Bye Bye Arty

Chapter 1 - Bye Bye Arty
Artemis smiled to himself. He had been working months with little sleep to create his new project: a doorway into another world. Looking around, he cautiously stepped through the wide portal. Once through, he glanced around him, memorizing every detail. The sky was dim and red as if at sunset. Tall, brick buildings loomed above him. In the windows, he could see the reflection of the empty, cobblestone streets. He peered down the avenue, searching for some sign of life. At the horizon, he saw two figures. The lack of light prevented him from making out any distinguishing features. Suddenly, he felt uncharacteristically afraid and he wished that hed brought Butler along, but he had been too excited to consider that. As the figures grew closer, he noticed that the leading one, the taller of the two, was carrying a knife in his clenched fist. Fighting the urge to run, he called out, quieter than he thought, Who are you? The taller figure called back, Who are you? Finding his courage, Artemis replied, Artemis Fowl the Second. I wandered in here&by chance. My name is Will Parry. This is Lyra Silvertoungue. I came here looking for my father. She came escaping from hers. The taller one said. They came closer still and Artemis could see that they were merely a pair of children, no older than himself. The boys clothes were bloodstained and dirty. His dark hair framed a face of determination and fear. The girls long, blonde hair was tangled and wild. Her skirt was torn and patched and it looked like she hadnt washed in months. As soon as Will Parry saw that Artemis Fowl the Second was only a pale teenager who looked like hed never worked a day in his life, he sheathed his weapon carefully as though trying not to cut the thick leather. Lyra never took her suspicious, blue eyes off of Artemis. She held her cupped hands to her chest. To Artemis surprise, a mouse crawled out of her hands and perched itself on her shoulder. He could only gape when the mouse transformed into a black raven. Thoughts ran through his mind. These two children must have great powers. What must I do? He has a knife, she has a thing that can transform into God-knows-what, and what do I have? Nothing&besides a brain that gets me into trouble.

Soon Will interrupted the staring match.
We need your help.
That statement caught Artemis by surprise. Something which didnt happen very often. What?
We need your help, he repeated.
With what?
Her mother.
Whats wrong with her mother?
Oh, nothing. Just that shes tryin to kill me n Lyra to get this knife I got. So far, Will showed a delightful sense of sarcasm.
Well& Artemis began. I, uh, have to get some things back at my place to, um, help you.
Meaning to escape to his own world, he turned around and was shocked at what he saw.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment