Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - she lied...

Kai in love??? could that be? is it possible...well you tell me after this fanfic is completed. If he is in love then with who? If your curiosity is rising then read this story.

Chapter 3 - she lied...

Chapter 3 - she lied...


o0O0o_o0O0o Liera's POV o0O0o_o0O0o
It is now the day after yesterday, the day after I gave Kai some breakfast and played my flute in front of him, well actually he was kind of hidden somewhere and eventually came out of hiding. I have to admit I was embarrassed. He shouldn't have come to the bridge. I was glad that I didn't go to the bridge today. I can still see that Nilea still has a place in his heart, if she found a guy like Kai, who is so loyal to their relationship then. Why haven't I found a boy that is loyal to me and has most of the features I would expect my typical boyfriend to have.

“Humph” I drew out a long breath and then started to stare at my flute instead of practicing. It is late afternoon and father is in the kitchen trying to finish off his delivery that is ordered. I finally picked up my flute and started blowing, the same tune well the only tune I know and still need to learn. I need to practice everyday bridge or no bridge. I had my eyes closed as usual and then I played the wrong note after a couple. It is only a mistake people makes mistakes so it's ok, I assured myself. I tried again and this time I got it a little bit further and then made another mistake. I have to keep practicing for sure I'm going to get it right the third time and to make sure I was focused I opened my eyes. UGH I can't believe it! I hit the wrong note. This is frustrating.

“Hey Liera your performance doesn't seem so good why don't you give a rest on your practice today and help out with the next order ok?” Dad asked. How could I not say yes, it is so fun baking.

“Of course,” I replied.

“I have to go and deliver these and I will be back later ok? I will be back and maybe in time to help you out with the next order,” Dad said looking cheerful with 5 boxes of pastries loaded in his hands. OK, OK you caught me. My dad delivers and makes the pastries and I help out. The thing is…I make the pastries for little children and make it fun to eat, that's why I put animal faces on pastries or pastries in fun shapes. It is fun making children's food and people from all different ages order my `Tiny Treats' that's what I call them, yes I know it's a pretty easy name with no pun. I put on my apron, washed my hands and then got myself baking in the kitchen. If you liked to know what kind of shapes I use here are the following: star, triangle, square, circle, crescent and diamond. The animal faces I use for pastry decoration are: dog, cat, chick, cow, pig, bear and rabbit faces I have to draw the faces on the pastry but I don't mind.

o0O0o_o0O0o Kai's POV o0O0o_o0O0o
Yesterday is disturbing, I visited the bridge and Liera was there too. I found out that she knows how to play the flute. It is kind of odd that she knows a lot more about me than I know about her. Maybe it would be fair if I get a chance to get to know her more and therefore we will be even. I have chosen to beyblade against my team-mates so they will be satisfied meaning that I didn't go to the bridge today. My beyblade was sparring with Tala's beyblade. Tala just knocked my beyblade out of the ring again.

“What's wrong with you Kai? I defeated you countless times in a row,” Tala demanded an answer.

“I don't feel so well,” I said and left the training room to his room. I decided to take a nap and rest.

_o0O0o_Kai's dream_o0O0o_

I was looking at the river and I hear my name being called out, it started snowing. I turned around to the direction I heard the voice from. Nilea's face appears and she is holding a necklace in her hand, a necklace with a circle with a line over it, just like the symbol carved on the bridge. A blizzard grew, I grabbed her arm and pledged that I won't lose her again, “Kai…let go of me Kai…let go” she demanded. “I won't…I can't…I'm sorry Nilea,” I yelled out the blizzard was getting stronger by the moment. She slipped out of my grip repeating what she had said before “Let go of me…”. I stared at my hands trembling “I lost her again,” I whispered to myself and a huge gust of wind blew.

_o0O0o_End of dream/nightmare_o0O0o_

I woke up panting, what a weird dream, I need to freshen up a little all this cold weather is getting to me. I glanced at the digital alarm clock on the side draw it is 5:47p.m. I walked into my suite and washed my face. I buried my face in my hands. What's wrong with me ever since I came back from the…just then a picture of Liera flashed in my mind. “I better say thanks for the breakfast,” I said to myself as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I ignored my team-mates and I went out through the front door, it was calm weather, that's good. Now I have to remember where I her house is…I stepped on the snowy ground and headed to Liera's place. I was standing outside in the dark, the streetlights was the only light I could see and the light from Liera's place. The door was right in front of me I don't know why I didn't knock first I was…uncertain…as if I was worried that I am bothering her. But then again I was saying thank you that's all. As I lifted my arm up to knock I heard a sound. Curiously I went to the back and the door was opened there was a rubbish bin full of boxes and cartons. I observed the rubbish for a moment, her father sure bakes a lot and I was careful not to make a sound. I looked beyond the mess and saw the kitchen, the oven, more boxes and then…Liera baking??? She had flour on her apron and she was making pastries with animal faces on them and pastries in different shapes and sizes. Ah she lied to me and told me that her father baked the pastries…I will forgive her after all they were tasty. I was still in the background she still hadn't noticed me luckily I was in the shadows.

o0O0o_o0o0o_Liera's POV_o0O0o_o0o0o
Whoa it is now 6:13p.m the time sure passes by quickly when I'm baking. I took out the last lot of pastries from the oven. I placed the bunch of pastries next to rest of my hard work. I stood back and admired my hard work. I wiped my floury hands on my apron and thought of making another batch I just couldn't help myself. This time with animal faces. I got to the kitchen got back work and I managed to get the shapes of the pastries. Now all I have to do is draw the faces on. As I was about to get my metal pencil to engrave the faces I heard a knock. Who could it be at this time, we hardly have anyone visit us. The customers usually call when they want something to be delivered or they would have shopped at my father's bakery. I had the impression that it was just little kids play `knock and run'. I just ignored it and I focused on the designs of the animal faces. The knock repeated. I still think that it is just children playing around…that would be impossible because parents don't let children who are not teenagers yet wondering the streets. I dropped my metal tool and rushed to the door. I still had my apron on and flour all over me, it is fun to bake and get myself all messed up. I went to the door and behind it was Kai. I was surprised and embarrassed I didn't actually think that he would come to my house with me looking like this. Oh well. I had also felt guilt because I made him wait.

“Hi Kai,” I greeted as I reached for my face, there was an itch, a very troubling itch.

“I came pass by to say thank you for yesterday's breakfast. I can see that you are busy baking I'll be leaving then,” Kai said.

“Um do you have time?” I asked. I confess I really want to be Kai's friend and probably meet some friends of his in the future.
“What was that?” he asked.

“You're not in a hurry back to your team-mates are you?” I questioned I don't like repeating myself.

“No I'm never in a hurry especially not with my team-mates,” Kai answered.

“In that case do you want to come in and help out? It would be nice to get some help with the baking,” I invited, did that come out right? He blinked and then turned saying “I think I would take a walk instead of returning to my team-mates,” I don't know what made me pull off my apron and chase after Kai. I guess I was lucky that he walked slowly, which makes me wonder is this how slow he walks?

“I figured I should take a break from baking and I think it would be nice if you got some company,” I said as I gave him a big smile.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

skyblue101 on May 24, 2006, 4:39:48 PM

skyblue101 on
skyblue101HOW CAN YOU BE SO CRUEL TO STOP WRITING AT SUCH AN INTERESTING POINT!!!!!

BlackRose_13 on August 26, 2005, 10:09:10 AM

BlackRose_13 on
BlackRose_13Keep writing PLEASE!!!