Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Gravity of Space

Felix Lend is an exceptionally gifted student with a mysterioius background. Listen to Felix tell his story.

(I probably won't finish it. I never really played Star Fox.)

Chapter 2 - The Gravity of Space

Chapter 2 - The Gravity of Space
“Hello class,” the teacher greeted us as he walked in. “Welcome to Advanced Applied Physics. Or as the upper classmen call it, the Gravity of Space. Let’s get started. Open your textbooks to page thirty. You should have read the first section over the summer.”

Backpacks rustled and books thumped on the table. I slid mine out quietly, showing them all a quiet nerd. They’ll see who I really am at the obstacle course. I flicked open to page thirty and studied the diagrams. I already knew this stuff, but I knew that the slackers would have trouble with it. I read the entire textbook over the summer. Pulling out a separate notebook, I leaned on my desk and copied down the major points of the section while the teacher spoke about the subject to the students. I noticed my fellow classmates in the front had the book open, but were not taking notes. I smirked, waiting for the teacher to get them. They were looking around too easily to be paying attention.

“You, up front, do you think you know this already?”

Checkmate.

“No…no sir.”

“Then why are you not taking notes? Your first quiz is tomorrow.”

“Yes sir.” The poor kid pulled out a notebook and started writing with a shaking hand, his hind hoofs clattering nervously on the tile floor. The rest of the nerds followed him.

Heh.

Basic applications of gravity between two objects, how to nullify your pull. Easy physics, I could have skipped this chapter. I had learned it in independent study two years ago. The teachers here have had a lot of experience, both teaching and in the field. I have to make them think that I am new at this, or life will be tough. I checked the reflector I built in my belt, running simple diagnostics in my head. My bracelet contained a small laser and my paralyzer gloves were hidden in my school uniform on the inside pocket. Since this school expected weapons, it wasn’t hard to sneak them in. But I am only to use them for defense, not for showing off. If I do, I’ll blow my cover and they won’t let me in. Even through all this thought, I wrote yet more notes in my clear handwriting.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment