Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Rescue

a story i am writting while i am supposed to do homework... i really don't like homework

Chapter 2 - Rescue

Chapter 2 - Rescue


When Raven arrived in Azarath, she did not look at the carnage around her. She knew that Amariel was alive and she had to find him. Nothing could stop her from that task. She scanned Azarath for any living being; she found a lot of rats and crows but not much else. Then suddenly a faint aura came from some where near the far western edge of Azarath.

She hurried there and landed near a pile of rubble. As she was scanning the surrounding are she heard a faint cough behind her.

“Amariel!” she said to no one in particular. The rocks flew off the ground and she rushed under them to see where her friend was. She saw his broken form amid the rocks and rushed to his side.

“I knew you would come… I'm sorry it had to… hurt so much,” he said gasping for breath every couple of words.

“Shh, don't talk it will drain your energy,” said Raven transmitting her power into his, hoping to heal some of his injuries and relive the pain.

“Rae, I'm too weak to do anything but die,” said Amariel.

“You were never too weak, and I will help, so will my friends. I'm going to have to pick you up, it might hurt but you are going to have to bear it.” Raven said slipping her hands under his form. A small moan escaped his lips as she shot into the air and entered the portal back to Earth.



When she got back to her room, she immediately headed towards the infirmary. She would have just turned into her `shadow form' but Amariel might not survive it, so she levitated down the corridors nearly colliding with Robin and Cyborg.

“Rae, what are you… Oh my god! We have to get this guy to the infirmary, pronto!” said Cyborg when he realized what Raven was holding. Then they all headed towards the same area, Robin running ahead so he could ready a bed.



When they arrived in the room Robin had turned on all the systems and a bed was standing in the middle of the room. Carefully Raven place Amariel on the bed and sent a little more power into him, hoping to make him last a little longer. Robin and Cyborg, the resident doctors, soon took over.

“Robin, what can I do?” asked Raven anxious to do anything that might help Amariel.

“You could take a shower, you're covered in blood and some other stuff I can't and probably don't want to name.” Said Robin while bending over Amariel. Only then did Raven realize that she was covered in grime, there was dirt, dust and a whole lot of blood on her chest and legs. With a reluctant sigh she walked off to the showers.



In the hallways she met with Sarfire who, due to her nature, thought that Raven had tied to massacre herself.

“Raven, what happened??? We need to get you to the infirmary!!!” shrieked Starfire.

“It's nothing Star,” responded Raven in a dull voice.

“What do you mean, you are covered in blood!!!” said Starfire.

“It's not my blood, `m going to go wash it off now anyways,” said Raven as she walked past Starfire. Her mind was in turmoil and she thought that a shower might just be the best thing for her right now.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment