Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Quidditch

Aye, what an interesting crossover!! Read and tell me what you think! I've got some fan art up, feel free to browse my art.

WWOOO I got some comments!! I love you all!!! I'm so releived.. I thought it sucked, that's why no one was commenting.

If there are any pictures you want me to draw from this, just say the word and I'll do what I can. Cudos!

Chapter 8 - Quidditch

Chapter 8 - Quidditch

"Harry, wait up!" called Jack as he trailed after Harry. They had just finished up with supper, and Jack needed to talk with him.

He finally caught up, and asked "Harry, do you know what on earth is going on with Ron and Hermoine?"

Harry gave a slight smirk and said "Don’t even get me started. Ron is acting so stupid lately."

"How so?" asked Jack as the two continued to walk down hallways.

"You see, Ron has had a crush on Hermoine from the start. Seriously. Two years. And he hasn’t had the courage to ask her out yet. She’s been waiting hor it herself, and is getting quite frustrated. And now that you’ve come along and started to take her away, Ron was scared that he’d lose her to you. And well, he’s known for making stupid decisions," said Harry.

Jack thought for a moment. "So he said he was going out with Hermoine to get me to back off. I see. Well, If he’s been liking her for that long, I don’t want to step in and impose on two years of infatuation..."

"It’s more of three years of wetting himself. I honestly don’t think he’s ever going to make a move. You can go ahead, it’s not like you’re going to be stopping a relationship from happening," said Harry as he went to a rack of brooms hanging on a wall. "Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to get some practice in before quidditch tryouts in a week."

"For what?" asked Jack, wondering what the hell he was going to do with that broom.

"Quidditch? The sport? I’m the Seeker?"

Jack gave him the blankest expression ever.

"Bloody Hell! You don’t know what Quidditch is! Did you grow up in a bubble?" spazzed Harry.

"Well, I, uh,: stuttered Jack.

"God, I am going to have to teach it to you, aren’t I..." smiled Harry as he grabbed an extra broom.

 

Within a few minutes, Harry and Jack were in the middle of an empty field. Harry was instructing him how to operate the broom.

"All right then, put your hand over the broom, and you say ‘up’. You got that?" said Harry.

"I think so... I’ll give it a shot," said Jack as he placed the broom on the ground. He gave it a determined look, and said "Up" in a very defined voice.

The broom twitched a little, then flung up and hit him in the crotch. This caused Jack to double up in pain, wheezing "Ah ah ah ah ah, my little Jacks, ah ah ah"

Harry simply chuckled and helped him up. "Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. Now let’s try that again."

Jack calmed himself down, and stood back up. He placed his hand back over the broom and said "up."

This time, it went up without a fight. It glided into his hand, going no where near his testicles. "Ah, now that wasn’t so bad," smiled jack as he picked it up.

"Well, it’s step one. Now you’ve got to get on it and ride it, as if it were a horse," said Harry.

"RIDE IT??!?!" Panicked Jack. "But, I, WHAT?!?!"

Harry picked up his broom an mounted it also. "This is what you do. You grip it firmly, and kick off with your feet, like this." Harry kicked off, and flew up about five feet. "Now you try."

Jack daintily flung one leg over, and clutched onto the stick. He lightly kicked up, surprised that he kept going, and was actually flying.

He instantly screamed for joy. "YEAH!! I DID IT!! I’M FLYING!!"

By now, they had drawn a small crowd. That of which included Malfoy and his posse.

Jack looked down at the spectators, and noticed Hermoine passing by. It seems every time his eyes see her, he automatically does something bold.

Jack gripped the stick firmly, and brought his feet up to the wood too. He was now crouched on his stick, getting an amused look from Harry. Now, Jack braced his arms, and lifted his body up. He was doing a handstand on the broom.

This of course got an applause from the audience, and a glance from Hermoine.

"Now Jack, we have to figure out if you’d be a good Beater, Keeper, or Chaser. Onward to the pitch. I’ll show you the different balls and the rules," said Harry. He took off in the direction of what looked like a football field. So, Jack followed, along with the small crowd that was cheering.

The crowd was more excited for Harry than Jack. They wanted to see the star player teach a newbie, they thought it would be exhilarating. Malfoy was there just to watch one of them screw up however.

In the pitch, Harry drug out a box that was shaking about, just like the boggart closet. He opened it up, revealing the balls.

"All right, let’s test your beating skills. Take this," said Harry as he handed Jack a small bat. "When I let this ball go, you have to be ready. It’s going to come at you, and you have to smash it’s brains out. You ready?"

Jack nodded and had his bat at the ready. Harry unlatched one of the balls, and it instantly whirred off. Jack peered up, trying to see where it went.

"GET READY!" shouted Harry.

Sure enough, the ball was plummeting at him, at outrageous speeds. Jack acting on his instincts, gave it a thwack, which sent it flying right into the ground. It created a small crater, about two feet deep. Harry instantly clutched the ball, and pulled it back into the case.

"Not bad, but we’ve already got two excellent beaters. Now, let’s test out your keeping skills. Go ahead and fly over to that hoop, and let me get some help," said Harry. He looked towards the crowd, and then called "Dean! Angelina! Can you get your brooms and help me up here? I’m testing Jack!"

"Sure thing!" they called as they pushed their way through the crowd.

"Accio, broom!" they both said as they waved their wands. Within a few seconds, a pair of brooms came zooming in over the horizon. They both hopped on them and joined Harry.

"All right, Angelina, I want you to pretend to be on one team, Dean, you’re on another. I’m going to give Dean the Quaffle, and he’s going to try to score," said Harry to the two. "All right, Jack? You have to stop the Quaffle from getting into the hoop! Think you can manage it?"

"Should be easy!" called Jack. He was wondering what they were going to do.

Within seconds the quaffle was retrieved and given to Dean. He started towards the hoop, fending off Angelina. He chucked the ball to a hoop Jack wasn’t guarding, but Jack darted over just in time for a save. Nearly fell off his broom however.

"Very good Jack!" said Harry as he flew up to him. "Now that’s what I call a keeper. You could make it onto the team like that if you practiced. But now, we have to observe your chasing skills."

Meh, I’m ending this chapter here.. Getting kinda long. In the next chapter, you’ll get to see Jack’s seeking skills. Ooh goody! But trust me, it will be amusing.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Arenelle on September 16, 2006, 1:06:37 PM

Arenelle on
ArenelleWRITE MORE!!!

Allester on August 17, 2006, 8:31:15 AM

Allester on
AllesterVery amusing 7.9 stars

LiveLifeWithNoRegrets on August 15, 2006, 8:18:49 AM

LiveLifeWithNoRegrets on
LiveLifeWithNoRegretshahaha!!! I'm so glad I found this story! I love this cross over, no one would every except it!! Love the story! So is Jack ganna be on the team??? Up-date soon!!! ^_^