Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Beast and Beauty

A Beauty and the Beast remake into...Chack! Using the original Beauty and the Beast fairytale (not the movie).

Chapter 1 - Beast and Beauty

Chapter 1 - Beast and Beauty
The wind blew through the forest and caused the trees to shiver with cold, snow falling to the already snow-covered ground. The year had passed and once again Old Man Winter had returned to blow his icy breath over the little town. So, many would think that people would be inside instead of walking outside in the freezing weather. But, this fact did not faze one man who had walked out into the world and down to the port for his ship to sail in.

A once wealthy merchant he was, but life had been cruel upon him and his family. Having lived in the city for so long he never expected to have to move into the forest, with two children and no wife along with it. Life had been stripped away from his dear wife during child birth to his son and had left him in charge of raising these children to the fullest. His daughter, Kimiko, had grown up to be quite beautiful and had many suitors. His son, Jack, with his porcelain pale skin and bright red hair, had caught on with many admirers also. With this he was able to live happily.

One day, word got to him that one of his ships had returned from sea. This was the reason he was out in such cold weather. Before his leaving his children had asked for gifts on his return home. Kimiko had asked for dresses and jewelry while Jack had asked for nothing more then a single rose. He smiled and scratched his bald head; his son had always been the kindest even in bad times.

On his way home, the snow storm that had accumulated grew worse and soon the poor merchant was lost in the wizard’s blizzard. In the far distance he could make out the shape of a high roof top. Maybe the owner would be kind enough to let the poor man stay for the night. Tugging his clothes closer to his skin he set off for the castle.

Upon coming to the castle he could see that is was fairly large and dark and almost frightful to most. Grabbing his bearing he made his way to the tall wooden front door. He reached out and gripped the knocker letting it go in midair to fall upon the door with a loud THUMP! At first, everything was silent and no movement came from inside the castle and the merchant had decided that the person could not hear the first knock and so let go another loud THUMP! This time the door slowly creaked open and the poor merchant steeped forward.

“Hello?” he called.

“What is it that you should trespass onto my property?” a deep voice called out from the darkness. The bald man squinted his eyes and could just make out a figure standing in the shadows of the stairway. “My name is Omi, kind sir, and as you can see the storm outside has grown worse. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to let me stay the night, until the storm passes.” Omi replied.

There was silence as the figure contemplated on the request. “You will stay the night and I expect you to be out my morn’, but DO NOT take anything from this castle.” The shadow finally answered. Omi grinned and bowed to his host, sighing in relief. “oh thank you, kind sir!”

“You will rest in the room to the right of the second floor. Dinner should be brought around and remember, do not take anything”

“Of course.”

The man departed and Omi was left to stand alone in the foyer. A quick search and he was upstairs in his room. An elegant room it was, with its satin sheets and its elegant furniture. To the right of the door was a high oak dresser and next to it was a vanity. Along the other wall stood a grand mirror and to the center of the room, was set a four-poster bed. The merchant thought of how lucky the man was to have such an exquisite house and how unlucky he had been while he ate his dinner and fell asleep.

The next morning, Omi awoke and was downstairs for his departure. He wished that his host would be there so that he could thank him again but the figure was no where to be seen and so Omi left without a word of gratitude. On his way out he spotted a garden filed with magnificent looking flowers of all kinds that had survived the snow fall inside the dome covered greenhouse and thought of how his son Jack would have loved it in there. That’s when he remembered that he still had not gotten a rose for the young lad. The man’s earlier words barely even reached his thoughts as he plucked a single white rose from the rose bush.

There was an angry growl and Omi found himself caught in-between the bush and his last night’s host. To see him now in daylight was even scarier then in darkness. The man, more like beast from Omi’s point of view, hovered over the smaller male. A snout protruded from his face and sharp razor like teeth were bared at him underneath golden cat-like eyes. His green skin and spiked tail accented his beastly features. “I thought I told you NOT to take anything!” The creature growled.

The poor merchant whimpered and seemed to grow smaller under the beast’s glare. “I-It was only a rose, I t-thought that it would not matter since it was only a rose and a new one would g-grow in its place!” he stuttered. “You should have thought better when I specifically told you NOT to take ANYTHING from my palace! And now you must pay the consequences” The dragon-beast raised his clawed hand and attempted to strike the foolish man.

“Wait!” the merchant yelled. “Please, spare me! I’ll do anything; I have a family to provide for! Please let me live!” The merchant crumbled into a huddle on the garden floor and covered his head with his arms.

The dragon glowered down at the shorter man and had silently hoped that the man would have put up more of a fight. Thus the dragon thought, the man had said that he had family maybe he would be able to make use of this. “Very well.”

The bald male snapped his head up at these words, “Really?”

“Yes, but you must choose one of your loved ones to go in your place.”

“No-“

“Either that or take your own life, it is your choice.”

The merchant looked torn between grief and disappointment. He had to choose between his two children to go in his place? Or kill himself? His eyes began to water and his heart beat rapidly. How could he choose? It couldn’t be possible! But the beast expected to kill someone; he had to choose for his family’s sake…”Fine.” Omi said. “I will send forth someone in my place.”
The beast narrowed his eyes and growled at the man, “remember, I am a beast, I will be able to tell if they are of your blood or not.” With that the dragon turned and left the merchant to his thoughts. Omi’s fingers gripped the flower’s stem and didn’t care that the thorns had cut into his skin. Which one would he choose? Kimiko or Jack?

He neared the cottage and heard the squeals of delight from the cabin. Kimiko ran outside and clung to her father’s arm while Jack calmly walked outside, a smile of happiness upon his face. Omi smiled at the homey feeling he had with his family but then the deal he had made with the dragon returned and his smile turned into a frown. “What’s the matter?” his son questioned. “Perhaps we should head inside?” Omi said, smile back in place. The family moved inside and time went on until supper came round.

“Jack, if I could speak with you.” Omi called. Jack furrowed his eyebrows together and walked into the other room while his sister watched him leave, a frown on her face as well. “Yes father?” he said when he had moved to stand in front of his father. Thus, Omi explained what had happened from the storm to the rose deal. All the time that Jack listened the rose slipped farther and farther away from his fingers. When his father had finished explaining the flower laid upon the floor in sadness.

“….So I am to go in your place.” He stated quietly rather than questioned.

“Yes.” Omi said sadly. Tears had begun to form in the ruby red eyes of the pale boy and a silent sob left through the smiling lips. “All right, father. If it is for you, I will go.” he sobbed and without another word left his father in the silent room.

The next morning he bade his sister goodbye and wiped away her tears. He hugged his father but said nothing and quickly left his home of happiness more tears following in his wake. By noon, following his father’s instructions, he came upon a dark castle. The noon sun shone off the glistening windows and created a dazzling show of yellow light.

He gulped and stepped forward until he stood in front of the wooden oak door. Here he stood for minutes that seemed like hours, in front of the door of his death. His tears began to come back again and he quickly wiped them away before reaching up to grab the knocker.

Before his hand even got close to the knocker, the door creaked open. Jack gulped again and tightened his fists ready to go in for a fight, and then he remembered that he had come for his father’s sake and so let his hands go to lie limply at his sides.

~0~0~0~0~

Disclaimer: I -tear- don’t own chase, jack, or the show “Xiaolin Showdown.” (makes my cry inside………Emolicious)

Will Edit Later!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment