Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Stay

A Beauty and the Beast remake into...Chack! Using the original Beauty and the Beast fairytale (not the movie).

Chapter 2 - Stay

Chapter 2 - Stay
His feet echoed against the stone floor as he stepped into the castle’s darkness. His heart trembled terribly and goosebumps appeared on the pale skin. The door closed and the darkness engulfed him into his nightmares.

“Hello?” he called. No answer.

“Anyone?” he called again, his voice reverberating off the walls and back to him. In the distance he heard a pitter-patter of feet walking through the deep hallways towards him. Jack stood his ground. He wasn’t going to run away to end up making his family suffer.

The footsteps continued to walk until they came right behind the red-head, a ferocious grin on their master’s face. Slightly shorter then his father, Jack reached up to the middle of the stranger’s neck while his father made it up to it’s chin. “Are you here for the one named Omi?” The stranger asked from behind Jack. The youth started and gulped, nearly choking on his spit.

“Yes.” He answered solemnly.

The creature “hmph’d” and placed a cold, clawed hand upon the youth’s shoulder causing an “eep!” to come from the younger one’s mouth. “Turn, so that I may see who has taken the place of the poor fool’s debt.” Jack did as was told and turned to face the figure.

Pale porcelain skin wrapped around the lean body and perfectly sculptured face. Sparkling ruby red eyes stared at him in confusion from that angelic face, above slightly chapped from cold pink lips, and it seemed that something had happened during his childhood years for there was a dark black swipe underneath the left eye which only intrigued the monster more.

“What a beautiful creature.” He commented. Jack blushed deeply and such act roused an amused chuckle from the beast. “Come.” He said. “And where is it that we may be going?” Jack asked nervously. “A tour, if you will, around the castle.” A Tour? Jack thought. What was this creature thinking? Was he planning to toy with him before killing him?

The creature stopped when he felt that the beauty was not following him. “Will you not come?” he asked. It seemed that the beauty had quite an impact on the beast if he had clearly not killed him yet. What of his intentions were, no one, not even the beast itself, knew.

“The debt? What of the debt?” Jack asked tentatively. If he was to die he would rather have it done quickly then being tortured.

“It is, as promised, cleared.”

“What? But aren’t you going to kill me?”

“And why would I do such a thing to such a beautiful creature?”

With that the creature held out an arm in the shadows. “Walk with me.” He demanded. Even in darkness, jack could clearly see that this was no man. The outline of him seemed much larger than any man he’d seen and an outline of a tail swishing back and forth in lazy fashion appeared out of the back of the creature.

With shaking hands he reached out and took the arm, gasping in shock when they touched an arm covered in scales. A hand wrapped above his own before he could pull his own away and the deep voice spoke again, “Do not be afraid, my sweet. It is but me. A soul stuck in a creature’s form.” Judging by the voice he could feel the creature grin in its statement. “Very well, kind sir.” “Please, do call me Chase. And your name?” “Jack.” The beast, now named Chase, traced a single claw over Jack’s soft cheek, and laughed to himself when it sent a chill down Jack’s spine.

Together they walked through the castle hallways where Chase showed Jack pictures of the generations that had lived in the castle and the many artifacts from which they had left. Though Jack thought it odd that he hadn’t mentioned any of his family, at all. Through the dark hallways and out to the bright light of the garden’s sun. There he saw Chase’s whole form. A true beast with scales standing next to him, a claw on top of his hand. It scared him to know that he was with a beast that could easily kill him but he did not run, he did not scream, he simply followed the creature throughout the gardens, listening to all the types of flowers that the dragon lord had come to know.

Around nightfall, Jack’s heart hammered in his chest. Would Chase let him go? Such question ran through his head until he got up the courage to walk up to Chase and tell him good-bye. “I have enjoyed my stay with you, lord Chase, and I would be pleased to come again if you so wish, but I must take my leave.” Hesitantly he made a short bow and headed off towards the front door.

He was stopped mid-run by something caught on his wrist. Looking back he saw Chase’s hand gripping his wrist with not so much effort. Jack looked the dragon in the eyes in question and Chase merely smirked. “The debt-“Jack started but Chase cut him off. “I said that the debt was paid, I never said with what.” Jack still looked confused until Chase pulled him close to his chest with a flick of his wrist. “I want you to stay here, in the castle, with me as payment for the debt.”

Jack’s eyes widened and he began to struggle from the dragon’s grasp. “No, I can’t! M-My family!” “It is of no use. Your family already thinks that you are dead.” It was true, they probably did think that he was dead; In time they would move on.

Tears began to spring from Jack’s eyes and his struggle to get free became half-heartedly. “I…It’s not fair” He softly cried to himself. The dragon who had heard said, “It’s as fair as it will be, or would you rather I go and kill your father instead?” “No!”

“Good.”

Chase pulled the youth towards a set of stairs that led up to the first and second floor. “Your room will be the first room to the right; take comfort, it was the same room your father slept in.” Chase chuckled to himself and left the red-head on the first step of stairs. Numbly, he made his way up the stairs to his room, not even closing the door as he stepped inside and fell onto the four-chamber bed his father had slept in.


~0~0~0~0~

Disclaimer: I do not own Jack Spicer or Chase Young

Will Edit Later!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment