Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Goodbye

My first fanfic!!!! PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!

A mysterious girl comes to Konoha, looking for an old friend, and someone Naruto knows very well. Will the secrets in her past change everything?

Chapter 8 - Goodbye

Chapter 8 - Goodbye
Ok ppl, this must be like the longest fanfic ever, but im not done yet!
This ch is supposed to be sad...I'll know how sad it is by seeing if I cry while Im writing it...so here goes!

-----------------

"Sasuke!"yelled Sakura as new warm tears lined the corners of her eyes.

She fell to her knees next to him, and Naruto kneeled on the other side. When he felt his friends' warm presence next to him, Sasuke opened his eyes and looked at their saddened faces. Slowly, he opened his mouth as if to say something, but instead a yell of pain came out. His body made an odd jerking movement and he brought his hand up to his heart, as he closed one eye.

"The poison..."said Naruto softly,"It must be starting to take effect..."

Sakura shook her head, causing stray tears to fly all over the place. "Why..."she whispered, "Why..."

Sasuke smirked grimly. "Why.....what?"he asked.

"Why did you have to do that?! Why did you have to save us like that?!"shouted Naruto, answering for Sakura.

"How....many times...are you...going...to...ask...me that?"

"I just don't understand..."said Sakura,"I...I thought you hated me..."
Her voice and body shook as she spoke. Salty tears clung to her long eyelashes and dropped when she shut her eyes tightly.

"What...would make you....think...that?"asked Sasuke, knowing the answer.

Sakura didn't answer, but started sobbing again. Naruto puonded the floor with his fist.

"Not again,"he said softly, trying to keep the anger down,"You've done this before...on the bridge..."

"I...remember....Naruto"

Naruto looked down at Sasuke's face, suprised. "You do?"

"Yes...but this...time...it's different...This...time...I...I..."

"What?"

"This time...I know...why...I..did...it...and so...do you...This time...there...was...time...to think...and my...body didn't...move..on..its own..."

Naruto nodded, understanding.

Sasuke turned his head slowly to Sakura.

"And Sakura....I...don't...hate...you..."

Her watery eyes opened wide. "You don't?"

"No...I...don't...and...I...want...you to...remember..that..."

"I will,"she said, nodding her head as well.

"Take...Hiyuri's body...to her...bastard of...an..uncle..."said Sasuke, closing his eyes,"And...tell him...he's lucky I'm...not there...to kick...his...sorry @$$...all...over...the village...And...don't forget...don't...let...your dreams..die...Naruto..."

"NO!"yelled Sakura.

Sasuke lifted his hand up towards Sakura's face.

"Good...bye..."His arm fell to the cold floor, and his entire body went limp.

"No!"yelled Sakura again, putting her hand on his pale face, "You're gonna be ok Sasuke! We'll cure you! You won't die, not yet! We won't let you die! You can't..."

She tenderly stroked his raven hair and looked at his peaceful face. She began sobbing more than ever, and collapsed on his lifeless body. Her head on his chest, she wailed his name into the dark.

Naruto stood up.

"Dammit..."he said, angrily wiping away the tears on the back of his sleeve.

"His heart's not beating!"Sakura yelled, "And he's not breathing! He's dead Naruto! He's actually dead this time! Sasuke's gone! HE'S GONE! Gone..."she wailed, "Gone forever...He's not coming back..."

Naruto's shoulder's began to heave up and down, as he started sobbing to.

It's all my fault, the two of them thought, If it weren't for me he'd still be alive right now...It's all my fault...All my fault...

They both stood there for what seemed like the longest hours of their lives, as their crying filled the empty room. It felt like a piece of their hearts had gone missing. No, more than just a piece. More like a large chunk.

"He was lucky to have friends like you two."

Sakura and Naruto both looked up with their tearstained faces and gasped.

Hiyuri was standing a few feet away from them. But it couldn't have been Hiyuri, her dead body was lying on the floor a little farther off. Not only that, but this Hiyuri was wearing a white blossom in her dark hair and seemed to be giving off her own angelic light.

"Who...who are you?"asked Naruto, coming back to his senses.

"I am Hiyuri. Or rather, the spirit of Hiyuri."

"What do you want?!"shouted Sakura, sitting up. She left her hands on Sasuke's body, as if to protect him from the spirit.

"Do not be angry a me. I come only to help."

"You've helped enough already!"shouted Sakura sarcastically, "Because of you...Sasuke is dead!"

"You realize that is not my fault. I can see it in your eyes."

"What does it matter?!"yelled Sakura angrily. She looked down at Sasuke, "Sasuke is dead. There's nothing you can do about it."

"But there is."

The two young ninja looked up.

"You can?"asked Sakura hopefully, "How?"

"With the special tecnique I was named after."

"Special...tecnique?"

"Yes, the Hi Yuri tecnique."

"What is it?! Can it help Sasuke?!"

"Yes. The tecnique means Ice Lily. Hi meaning ice and Yuri meaning lily. It is a special tecnique that only the females of my family posses. There is a price to using it though."

"What's that?"

"It can only be used after death."

"And what does it do?"asked Sakura impatiently.

"It can revive another lost life."

"So you can save Sasuke?!" Naruto and Sakura's eyes opened wide.

The radiant spirit smiled and nodded.

"You mean...Sasuke will be alive again..after...after you use this tecnique?" Sakura smiled through her tears.

"Of course."

"Will you do it?"

"Of course."

"Thank you."

Hiyuri's glowing spirit closed her eyes and nodded. She brought her hands up to her heart and whispered something softly. With her hands cupped, she removed them and brought them down towards Sasuke. Resting on her palms was an ice flower, that resembled the one she wore in her hair. She put her hands and the ice flower over Sasuke's unbeating heart and whispered more inaudible words.

When she lifted her hands the flower had disappeared. Naruto and Sakura watched closely the entire time, amazed.

Slowly, Sasuke's chest started moving up and down again.

"He's breathing!"shouted Sakura joyously.

The sprirt stood up and smiled.

"Goodbye,"she said, waving. Her image began to fade, "And leave here quickly. When the sun rises it will melt the ice portal."

"And please,"she added,"Tell Sasuke, when he wakes up, thank you for everything. But most of all, thank you for freeing me."

Naruto and Sakura nodded as Hiyuri faded away completely.

They both turned back to Sasuke.

"He's alive,"said Sakura, now crying tears of joy,"He's alive..."

This time Naruto didn't wipe away the tears that came out. He let them fall to the ground. One landed on Sasuke's smirking, unconcious face and rolled down the side of it.

You bastard, thought Naruto, smiling, When you wake up, I'm gonna kill you for scaring me like that.

------------

Ok, no tears. oh well....

Storys not over yet! One more chapter to go!

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 2, 2007, 7:04:43 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101YAAAAAAAAAY His alive^^

sflower250 on December 15, 2006, 2:26:57 PM

sflower250 on
sflower250;.; he's alive thank god...i'm crying...TT_TT

sylvermini on October 10, 2006, 6:28:48 PM

sylvermini on
sylverminireally COOL! i'm addicted to this story faves absoulutly!

Dragonlord999 on October 4, 2006, 5:55:09 AM

Dragonlord999 on
Dragonlord999great