Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - The Second Attack: Courtney and Miroku

This was going to be a quickie, but I changed my mind. Now to the summary.
 
InuYasha and gang run into some new faces. Every ones love changes. But when a new demon appears who will survive? And can InuYasha realize who he truly loves.

Chapter 28 - The Second Attack: Courtney and Miroku

Chapter 28 - The Second Attack: Courtney and Miroku
Courtney walked looking at the ground while Miroku kept pace with her.
“ Damn it. I told them to leave me out of it.” She murmured to herself.
“ What did you say?” Miroku asked with a smile finally feeling like he was going to get some leeway.
“ I…uh…what are you talking about?” She said looking at him while still walking.
“ You said something and I…uh…don’t know if…uh…were talking to me or what? Miroku said trying to sound convincing enough.
“ Oh. It was nothing. I’m just mumbling to myself. That’s all.” She looked back at the ground.
“ Oh. Ok.” Miroku to looked at the ground as a sad impression came on to his face. He wanted her to tell him. He wanted her to trust him. What could he do to fulfill his want. He thought long and hard. Ok maybe not to hard and to long, but long enough for Courtney to realize something was wrong.

“ Miroku.”
“Hm.”

“ Ok now something’s wrong with you. What is it.” Miroku suddenly stopped and grabbed Courtney’s shoulders with his hands.
“ Do you trust me.” he blurted out.
“ Wh…what!”
“ Do you trust me.”
“ Miroku, why would you ask a question like that?” Courtney asked puzzled.
“ I know it’s a stupid question, but…”
“ No. It’s not a stupid question. I just… It’s just… I thought you would know the answer to that. That’s all.”
“ I don’t know anymore. I was a womanizer and I’m not afraid to admit it. Now. Now I have these feelings I can’t explain. I’m so confused. Courtney you make me wish I would’ve met you sooner. I… I love you. I just want to know how you feel about me. That’s all.” Miroku looked down at his feet. He felt a light blush creep up on his cheeks. Courtney smiled a little, but was surprised. How could she answer him. Then she had it . She pretended she hurt her self and Miroku looked up at her. Then she quickly kissed him. Breaking away she laid her forehead on his. Her breath was creeping down his shirt. He couldn’t take it anymore. He placed his hand on the small of her back and on the back of her neck and kissed her deeply.
Lacing her fingers trough his hair, she deepened the kiss. Miroku knew if they didn’t stop soon he wouldn’t be able to stop at all, so he broke away. Breathing heavier they looked in each others eyes. They decided to start walking again so Miroku raped his arm around her shoulders and huddled close to her.
Courtney too loved Miroku, but she was scared. In her line of work falling in love usually means the end. Either for her or the one she loves. Still thinking she looked at the hand on her shoulder. There resting on her was the block hole. The wind tunnel. The one that one day would destroy him. She placed her hand on his and looked at him.
“ I’m not going to let you die like this. If you do die though I will be by your side till the end. I to will die.” Courtney said resting her head on his chest.
“ Courtney, you have no idea what your saying.” Miroku said with a ‘ did she just say that’ look on his face.
“ I’m not that dumb,” she snuggled closer. “ I love you Miroku. I’m going to be by your side trough thick and thin. Life and death. Love does crazy things to you.” She yawned.
“ Your tired. We’ll rest. Ok.” Courtney nodded her head in agreement. They walked over to a tree and sat down . Snuggling up Miroku and Courtney both fell asleep in each others arm.
***
Miroku awoke to a sudden noise coming from the line of trees. He rose up, careful not wake Courtney and walked over in the direction of the noise.
‘ I wonder if it’s InuYasha or Koga?’ Miroku thought to himself as he neared the spot. The noises started to become louder and louder with each approaching step. His senses becoming more awaken. I feeling low in his gut told him that something wasn’t right. Still he continued.
Soon he walked in to a clearing filled with leafs and cherry blossoms scattered all over the grass. There was nothing there. Miroku’s brows frown in confusion as he turned and walked away. As soon as he turned a slimy, cool feeling tentacle wrapped its self around his muscled waist. He struggled trying to pull himself from its grasp. All of a sudden a strange pulsating feeling started in his right hand. He screamed in pain has his wind tunnel devoured his covering cloth and prey beads.
“ Your to late monk. It is already devouring you.” Only one man sounded like that.
“ Naraku!” Miroku was able to say between his shots of pain.
“ Oh monk, stop trying to get sympathy. No one will give it to you. Not even your little miko. Didn’t she say that she would be my side during this tragic death. And yet she isn’t here. How ironic.” I smile came to his dark face.
“ Damn you Naraku. You wont get away with this.”
“ Ah, but I already have.” And with that his body disappeared dropping Miroku to the ground. Gusts of wind flowed across his body. The pain was to much. This was it. He was going to die. The end of his blood was gone, dying. Soon he would be a lost soul wondering in the darkness of the cursed Naraku. He screamed so loud all the animals woke in fear and scurried away.
***
Courtney woke to a scream of shear agony. She turned and saw that Miroku wasn’t next to her. Fright devoured her soul as she got up and ran in the direction of the screams. They were getting louder and tears started to pour down her cheeks. She suddenly stopped at the spot she was in. Miroku was surrounded by a tunnel of wind.
“ Miroku!” She screamed and ran up to him in an embrace. Miroku kept his hand off of her.
“ Courtney, get away from me. Get out of here.” He said trying to push her away with his good hand.
“ No. I said was going to stick by you. I love you Miroku. I want to die with you. Please don’t push me away now. Not now. Not never.” She cried harder, soaking his shirt.
“ But Courtney, I can’t let you die. I love you too.”
“ Then if you love me your let me die with you.” He winced in pain. He knew he couldn’t keep it under control for very long. He used all his might and pushed her off of him, just as a ore of blue light flashed trough the night sky. Then he was gone and the only thing left was the echo of the scream he let slip his lips as he was devoured.
Courtney knelt there and looked at the spot where the man she loved stood a moment ago. She crawled over and hugged the ground. Scrapping the ground with her nails. She screamed and cried.
“ I wish… I wish I could go back in time… and save you. My love!” She screamed and then a pinkish glow came from her body. The next thing she knew was that she was traveling in a worm whole. When she stop she came to a scene of her and Miroku sleeping under the tree.
“ this must be before his wind tun…” she choked. She couldn’t finish what she was going to say.
‘ What to do’ She thought to her self. ‘ I got it.’ She walked up to her sleeping self and taped her on the shoulder. She awoke staring at her self with a blank expression.
“ Who are you?” she whispered.
“ No time to explain. I only got a few minutes. I need to tell you something.”
“ what is it?”
“ I’m you from the future. You need to stop Miroku from going off on his own. Something happens to him which cause his wind tunnel to devour him. You’re the only life line he has. Do not let him leave your sight!” Then the future self disappeared.
Courtney sat there staring at Miroku with tears appearing in her eyes. She lunged at him and hugged him tight. Miroku jumped out of his sleep.
“ Courtney what are you doing?”
“ Miroku, don’t die please don’t die. I’m bagging you. I’ll do anything. Just don’t die!” She sobbed into his shirt.
“ What are you talking about.”
“ Never mind. I just know your going to go off on your own like an idiot and your wind tunnel is… is…is.” She couldn’t finish what she was saying. She cried harder and harder.
“ Fine I won’t go.” Just then they heard a rustle come from the woods surrounding them. Miroku wanted to go to see if it was InuYasha or some one like that, but promised he wouldn’t so he stayed. A few minutes passed and the rustling grow louder. Finally it stop. The next thing anyone knew two tentacles burst out of the tree line and hit both right in the heart.
Blood poured down the corner of there lips. And Naraku walked out of the shadows. They could hear they faint noise of laughter coming from is lips.
They couldn’t say anything. They just looked at each other and drifted off in an eternal sleep. A living nightmare for the rest off there cold died lives.
“ Wasn’t exactly how I planed, but at least there dead.” He laughed. Removed his tentacles and walked away.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment