Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Friends-Or Foes?!

An Innocent heart, demonic blood, detested by those whose fathers, sons, and husbands fought the EightTailed Demon Wolf 12 years ago and survived, Ayami Hyuga is a troublemaker along with Naruto Uzumaki, this is her story.

Chapter 3 - Friends-Or Foes?!

Chapter 3 - Friends-Or Foes?!
Previous Chapter: Meet Ayami Hyuga

FriendsOr Foes?!
Meanwhile, in the middle of the forest, Ayami sat on the ground in a complete daze. Shed been practicing a special jutsu since the black of night faded into grey. Now every single bone in her body ached.
Mena had told her the truth, alright. Every single jutsu in the Scroll of Wisdom was totally amazing. Only problem was, they were a bit too complicated for an Academy Student.
She wound up choosing a jutsu that seemed sort of easy. It, in truth, made the Clone Jutsu look like childs play.
Ayami went through the motions and hand signs over and over again, trying her hardest to get it right. Now, hours later, she actually made some progress.
I just need a bit of practice, Ayami panted.
Ayami struggled to her feet, but her legs felt as wobbly as a drunk. Ayami was so focused on getting to her feet that she didnt hear someone approach.
Ayamiiii!
Ayami blinked and rubbed her eyes and looked in the direction of the voice. Then she grinned.
Hey, sensei! I found ya!! Ayami yelled.
I found you, fool! Iruka yelled back.
Ayami wobbled to her feet, then fell flat on her @$$, dazed, and Iruka gasped in surprise.
What are you even doing out here? You look dead tired.
I am, Ayami said, leaning on the Scroll. Ive been practicing ninjutsu.
You have?
Here, Ill show you! Ayami said excitedly, getting into position. If I do this everyone wont shun me!
Damn, If I do this, theyll promote me all the way to Jonin, Ayami thought wildly as she made the complicated hand signs.
Not so fast, Ayami, Iruka blurted. Whats that scroll laying on the ground?
The scroll was as long and heavy as a log, but Ayami completely forgot about it.
This old thing? Mena-sensei said I would be accepted if I learned any jutsu from this scroll. So I borrowed it from Grandpa Hokage.
Hold up, Mena told you about the scroll? Iruka gasped.
Without warning, Iruka shoved Ayami aside. Ayami fell backward as a storm of shuriken and kunai flew right toward Iruka.
Iruka felt the weapons pierce every part of his body. He staggered backward, struggling to stay on his feet.
S-sensei? Ayami gulped. Iruka glared at a nearby tree.
Hello, Mena. So you were the one stalking me, he said grimly.
Mena stood on a branch near the top of the tree. Her headband was tied around her head. Several windmill shurikens were strapped to her back.
I thought you might lead me to Ayami, Mena said, descending from her lofty perch.
I see.
Iruka plucked a kunai from his leg and grimaced. Ayami looked from one sensei to another in sheer and utter confusion.
Wh-whats going on here?! Ayami shouted, her eyes shifting from sensei to sensei.
Give me the scroll, Ayami! Mena said coldly.
Ayami had never seen Mena look so menacing, her mouth twisted in a nasty smile.
Dont, Ayami! No matter what he says! Iruka hollered. That scroll contains dangerous jutsu! Mena tricked you into taking it so she can have it!
Ayami gaped at Mena with shock and quickly activated her kekkei genkai Byakugan and slipped into the Gentle Fist fighting stance, despite her fatigue.
You dont need that scroll, Ayami! Just give it to me! Mena demanded.
N-no, Ayami stammered.
Why? Because Iuka-sensei said not to? Mena scoffed. Would you like to know what Iruka-sensei really thinks of you?
Iruka suddenly looked horrified.
No, Mena! Dont do it! he cried.
Mena turned to Ayami.
Do you know who killed Irukas grandparents? she began.
Um, the Wolf demon, right? With the eight tails? Ayami said.
Mena snorted in amusement.
A brilliant answer, Ayami. Especially coming from you.
I said stop! Iruka yelled, lunging at Mena. But the shuriken and kunai have done their damage. Iruka fell painfully to his knees.
A brilliant answer, yet not quite accurate, Mena continued.
I said stop! Iruka yelled again, but Mena continued.
Think about my question, Ayami. I asked who killed Irukas grandparents, not what.
Who? Ayami asked, stumped for the first time in her life. You make it sound . . . human-ish.
Because it is, Ayami! The Eight-Tailed Wolf has changed form, but it is still alive.
Thats enough, Mena! Iruka screamed.
Mena leaned forward and got right in Ayamis face.
Mikota Uchiha, your own mother didnt kill the Eight-Tails. She just sucked out its spirit and sealed it inside a human, she said. Ever since, our village has had a strict decree: that humans identity must never be revealed.
Wh-what decree? Ive never heard about it? Ayami said, frightened.
Ayami was telling the truth. She knew all village decrees. She even broke some with Naruto and sometimes Kiba. But she never knew about that precise one.
Of course you dont know, Mena snapped. But its about time you did.
Noooooo . . . Iruka moaned. He threw the kunai in his hand and flung it at Mena. Mena simply moved aside, the kunai passed.
Ayami, the human with the spirit of the Eight-Tailed Wolf is inside of a girl. That girl is . . . you.
Wh-what do you mean!? Ayami choked.
You killed Irukas grandparents and the men of the village! Mena snarled.
Darkness seemed to descend onto everything. In fear, Ayamis Byakugan deactivated.
Ever wonder why the villagers shun you? Gossip about you? Treat you like absolute dirt?
N-no!!! Ayami screamed, her body shaking in anger and fear. Tears welled up in her eyes.
Dont listen to her, Ayami! Shes not telling the
Truth, Iruka? The truth is, you hate both the Nine-Tailed Fox and Eight-Tailed Wolf more than anybody, Mena sneered.
Ayami looked at Irukas face with pleading, upset eyes.
No, Ayami. Thats not Iruka started to say.
Mena pulled a massive shuriken from her back.
Even Iruka hates you, Ayami! You killed his grandparents! No one can stand the sight of you!
The big shuriken buzzed in Menas hand, but Ayami was way too upset to notice.
Noooooo! Ayami screamed, tears streaking down her face.
She looked ready to explode with rage and sadness. Iruka had never seen Ayami so angry or upset before. It terrified him.
You did your job, Ayami! Die in peace! Mena roared.
Ayami froze as the giant shuriken spun toward her. She didnt scream, or tremble, even the flow of tears stopped. She just stood there, stunned beyond belief.
Everything went black as Ayami fell backward. Then a strange thing happened. Suddenly her whole body felt cradled by something soft and warm.
Ayami looked up to find herself held in Irukas arms.
S-sensei? she said faintly.
Iruka slowly pulled away. Ayami shuddered when she saw the huge shuriken sticking out of his back. Irukas heavy vest had softened the blow a bit, but he was still seriously injured.
Iruka looked at Ayami and burst into tears.
You must have felt so lonely, Ayami, Iruka sobbed. You must have suffered so much.
Ayami gaped at Iruka in utter astonishment. Tears started to cascade down Ayamis face.
Tears rolled down Irukas cheeks as he remembered what the Hokage said.
Naruto and Ayami need a firm hand. But they also need love. Someone who treats them tenderly, like a parent. Not someone who acts like a parent, but neglects to fulfill that role, like Lord Hiashi.

That need felt all too familiar to Iruka. He had also longed for someone to love when his parents died.
As a boy, Iruka had even pulled a few pranks to get attention, but never as many as Ayami or Naruto. He just wanted to be somebody, someone to acknowledge his existence.
Ayami and Naruto are me, Iruka thought. No wonder I could never get close to either of them.

But for some reason, Iruka felt different now. He had thrown himself in the shurikens path without a second thought, and one brave move had cracked his heart wide open. Now Ayami and Naruto were his dear students, children he had to protect.
Rest assured, he would still scream bloody murder whenever Naruto and or his partner-in-crime, Ayami wreaked havoc. Only now he would understand why they did it. At long last, Iruka finally knew how to handle the two.
But was it already too late?
Iruka coughed and cleared his throat.
Im sorry, Ayami. I should have realized what you were going through, Iruka said gently. Blood dripped from the corners of his mouth, a sure sign of internal injuries.
Ayami looked at Iruka in awe. Then she jumped up and dashed into the forest with the scroll.
Poor, poor Iruka. Looks like your sob story fell on deaf ears. Iruka sensed Mena behind him.
Shell get revenge on the village with that scroll, you know, Mena continued. Did you see the Eight-Tails in her eyes? Horrifying, to say the least.
Ayamis incredible fury had truly shocked Iruka. But he still had to protect her.
Iruka got up and yanked the shuriken from his back, ignoring the searing pain.
Ayami isnt like that, he told Mena.
Believe what you want. Im still getting that scroll, Mena snarled as he zoomed away.
Wait! Mena!
Just try to catch me, Iruka.
Iruka stumbled forward, but his legs quickly buckled under him.
Not know! he yelled, kneeling in the dirt. Move!
His legs, like his students, finally obeyed, and he ran after Mena.

A/N: Konichiwa! I would like to thank MistFairie93 and The Hanyou named Bunny for both favoriting and reviewing this story. JA-NE



Next Chapter: Showdown

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment