Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - First day of life

first chapter...i did it for my short storys class, so tell me how it is!! ^^

Chapter 1 - First day of life

Chapter 1 - First day of life
First day of life.
By: Kail Simms
A tiny egg laid on the ground surrounded by a jungle of grass covered in morning dew. The egg shined as the sun’s rays retched to it; a small crack could be seen on the side from when the egg was dropped onto the hard ground. It began moving in tiny movements like a ladybug walking on an unstable leaf. The egg was close to hatching, but its egg shell was not breaking, but melting away in to milky water. A small light almost brighter then the sun, shoot out from the egg about two feet off the ground. This warmth from it dried the dew on the grass, and warmed the cold ground. The light slowly began to take form, the form of a small child, hair gold and long covering the chest. Eyes a violet blue large and beautiful. The figure was only so small, small enough that you could hold it with one hand, and as light as a strand of grass. The child stretched out as small wings of white and gold tipped feathers shoot painlessly out of its back. A cloth circled about its waist and farther, covering what would have been legs. The figure was that of a tiny girl, healthy and sweet. She stretched out her arms and gave a yawn no louder then the wind. She flashed her eyes at the sun and smiled with delight. But without a second thought, she shoots out a foot off the ground towards where a river sat about a mile away. She was thirsty and even thought it was her first day alive, she still knew where she was going and what she was looking for.
A mile away, sat a walking river. It was smaller then most river and slower, but a home for all different fish and bugs. Birds sat at the edge drinking the cool crystal blue water and eating the healthy fish that swam to close. Soon the silent was broken as the little angel girl from before flow to the river and landed carefully to the side. Fish darted into holes and under rocks while birds flow to the safety of tree branches. The angel girl looked into the river’s water and saw her lovely reflection. She flow close to one of the mini waterfalls and cupped her hands, then put them under collecting the water. The cool drink was so southing after lying in the sun all day. She smiles and held out her hands again, asking the mini waterfall for more as if it was alive. She sipped the water again and this time held her hands out again but parted more so to get a better amount was water. She much have asked for to much because a fish came darting down smacking her in the face and pushing her over. Her wings covered her body and she fell back into the water.
The angel girl sat in the river and shivered. Socked, she began to cry small tears that light up when the sun shined on them. Her crying was louder then you would think it would be. The animals come from her hiding places towards the crying angel and tried hard to comfort her. But all faulted. Suddenly the birds flow back to there tree and the fish swam away as a shadow cased over the angel much bigger then hers. A boy, with back heir and brown eyes that where large and cherry cheeks looked over at her. He seemed to be surprised to see something so small and beautiful. But really he had seen them before, in story tales and the day his mother had died. The boy pulled out a hankie and picked the angel baby up carefully. She was freighted but he told her to be calm as he rapped the hankie around her wet body. The angel relaxed and the boy put her in his pocket so she could warm up more. The boy then walked to his bike that lied on the cool ground and started to ride back to his home. The angel could tell that there was nothing to fear about, so she allowed him to take her.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

moonysgirl on November 19, 2005, 4:14:03 AM

moonysgirl on
moonysgirlthis story is lovley,will there be anymore chapters?