Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - chapter 1

My original story about a group of kids and a unusal school. one of my old stories that i found that i'm slowly adding things on to. the violence and launge is very sparce.

Chapter 2 - chapter 1

Chapter 2 - chapter 1


*Chapter 1*

A New School, Old Teachers





“ Simulation terminated,” announced a computerized voice “ Girls lose, boys win.”

The dark city streets and towering buildings faded away and were replaced with a virtual reality grid (VRG) and the clothes that Tatzuba and Rhyu were wearing faded into full body virtual reality suits (VGS). The lights flickered on and the large room was filled with the buzz of florescent lights.

“ Nice work guys,” boomed a woman's voice through the loud speaker. She was high above from where Tatzuba and Rhyu were standing inside a booth that was suppurated from the VRG room with a plain of glass. Sazuka, May Min, May Lin, and Yuka where all sitting down behind her “come on up”

Tatzuba and Rhyu both pressed a button on their suits and they were teleported up into the booth with the others. The booth was rather spacious and inside of it there was a large interface that controlled everything that went on inside the VRG room. The other kids where sitting behind the woman that was controlling the interface.

“ You guys did a good job,” complemented Jasmine. Jasmine is Sazuka's and Yuka's mother, she is around the age of 37, yet she looks like she's only in her 20's. Her long silky black hair was beautiful, accompanied with her deep violet eyes that seamed as though they could look into your soul. “ Now you two go on and get changed, you guy are going to be late to school if you don't hurry.”

It was seven in the morning on a Monday. The kids always started there practices at 5:30 in the morning and it lasted for about an hour to an hour and a half. Rhyu, Tatzuba, and the twins would always come over at around 5:15 so they could practice with the others. Today they did 19 practice drills with each other, but no one could really concentrate because of the anxiety of the first day of school after summer break. Every time, their fights would be sloppy or just to short to be even called a fight. They have never been to this school before so they had no idea what lied ahead.



As the group of teens where waking down the large hall way of the Hayoto manor, Yuka asked her brother Sazuka “ how did you do that?

Sazuka answered Yuka's question with another question “ do what?”

“ That spell trick, we defeated you and your spell still came back.”

“ Oh, that. That wasn't really my spell.”

“ Huh?”

“ It was Rhyu's spell, at least the one that you got hit by. I created a spell, but only as a distraction. When I came flying down, I knew you where going to create one of your Arctic Safeguard shields, so I allowed myself to be hit by your needles. That was when my spell faded but Rhyu replaced it with the exact same one, only this time Rhyu was the spell caster, not me. Since you girls where preoccupied dealing with me, it was a perfect opportunity to strike, you girls where so distracted that you didn't expect the assault we had planned.”

“ Ummm.”

“ You got lost, didn't you.”

“ Somewhere around the part where the spell we got hit by was Rhyu's or something.”

*Sigh*“ Do you girls ever think about anything besides boys and shopping?”

“ Be careful now Sazuka,” taunted Tatzuba in a playful tone. “ You never know when they might start going after us.”

“ Oh please, you guys aren't guys,” noticing what she had just said, May Lin blushed and glanced at Tatzuba, who blushed to when his eyes met with hers. “Just friends.”

“ But what role did you play Tatzuba? Asked May Lin

“ Since Rhyu was concentrating on you guys with the spell, I was the only one who could get rid of the twins simultaneously with both of my knives.”

As the kids began to walk through the door to head out, Sazuka was hit by a ray of light from the rising sun.

“ Ouch!” yelped Sazuka as his jumped back from the door, his right hand was slightly burned. “Yuka! Because of you I forgot to cast the spell.”

“ Well don't blame me, remember Sazuka, pay attention to your surroundings,” Yuka busted out laughing

“ Shut up, I swear, your so annoying,” Sazuka used a spell on himself. At first, he seemed to become enveloped in a shadow, but then he faded back to normal. Sazuka walked out the door, this time not a single burn on him

“ How do you do that again?” asked May Min “I keep forgetting, because regular vampires can't do that, right?”

“ Yah,” replied Sazuka “ The reason I can do this is because of my mom has a very special blood line. Her family is known to be like the ultimate vampire race. That's why everyone on my mom's side of the family are so deadly. I mean really, when you're a trained assassin, and you can get rid of your main weakness, why wouldn't you be considered dangerous?”

“ Yeah,” replied May Min “ since in reality garlic and the cross do not do anything to you."

“ Sorry to interrupt, but look at that!” Tatzuba was pointing to a huge building in front of the kids.

The kids took their eyes off of each other and they rested their eyes on to their new school. The school was huge.

“ This school is huge, I've seen multi-million dollar campus's smaller than this, and this is just a school,” May Lin was staring wide eyed at the building “ this is larger than some of the malls I go to.”

“ That's odd,” said Yuka “ the schools name is Ssauna School for the Gifted. What does Ssauna suppose to mean?”

“ The school was more than likely named after the founder,” answered May Lin “ I'm guessing this school is going to be very different from any we have ever been to though.”

The school stood three stores high and it seemed to stretch out to the side for miles on end, and who would want to start thinking of how long it was from front to back.

This school is huge, but why didn't we notice it until now,” wondered Tatzuba as they stood starting at the school

“ Well let's go, who knows what's waiting inside,” Sazuka lead the way thought the doors. For a building that looked so big from the outside, the inside resembled a regular school that you would find in any city, including the size. The only exception, there was almost no one in the halls, only a lady who was sitting behind a desk explaining something to a lone student

“ Hey lets ask that lady behind the desk,” Yuka pointed over to the desk “she's helping that student, maybe she can help us too”

“ Don't you find it a little weird that this school didn't have a open house or something?” May Min wasn't really asking this question to anyone in general, but she still went on. “I mean really, how do they expect us to get around without even knowing where our classes are, they could at least have a directory or some...”

May Min was shushed by Tatzuba before she could finish. When they got closer, they realized that the lady behind the desk was a teenaged girl. When they got even closer, they realized that the girl was just as old as the Yuka and the twins, possibly even younger. She had a school uniform that looked like something that a business executive would wear.

“ Can I help you?” the girl seemed to be younger than the group but she looked much more serious than the group of kids.

“ Yes, we are trying to...” before Rhyu could finish his answer, the girl interrupted.

“Your classes?”

“Yes,”

“ What are your names?”

“My name is Rhyu Hitachi,”

“ Mine's Tatzuba Ichimura,”

“ I'm Sazuka Hayoto,”

“ Hello, I'm Yuka Hayoto,”

“ I'm May Min Phoonix,”

“And I'm her sister May Lin Phoonix,”

“ Nice to meet you guys. My name is Kate,” Kate started typing on her computer “ please wait for a second or two”

As Kate was typing Rhyu noticed that the boy that was asking Kate a question earlier was gone. “ That's odd, I could of have sworn he was right here a moment ago.”

“Ok, done,” Kate reached for something on her desk that was hidden from view. “ One question though, Sazuka and Yuka, you two said that your last names where Hayoto, correct?”

“ Yes,” they both replied

“ Are you two by any chance related to Jasmine Hayoto?”

“ She's our mother,”

“ Well, that's rather interesting,” Kate had an slightly amazed look on her face as she was staring at Sazuka and Yuka, but then she converted back to her business face. She handed what she retrieved from her desk to Sazuka and Yuka. “ All the guys have the same classes, and all of the girls have the same classes as well, so if you guys will gather around each other, I can quickly get you to your class.”

Sazuka looked down and noticed that the thing that was handed to him was a spell parchment. And when he looked up, he saw Kate with her finger pointing at them. Her fingers released a string of magic at the cards. When the magic made contact, the cards started to glow and the area around the students started to disappear, and a new room took shape. When everything settled, the boy and girls where suppurated.



***



The guys where inside of a large room with other teens around their age talking to each other.

“so this is the classroom,” Sazuka was slightly surprised by what just happened, but they all knew what had happened, they where teleported to there class. The parchment started to glow, and then it separated itself so that all three guys had one. The group looked at their parchments, which where now dormant and they tucked them neatly into their pockets. “I wonder what Kate was talking about when she asked me about my mom,”

“ I'm not really sure, but then again if she knows the secret who knows what might happen. Then again, Kate had powers, and I am sensing some aurous that aren't human in here. So I'm guessing your safe,” Replied Rhyu.

“ Hey look, the teacher is here,” Tatzuba pointed to the front of the room, and the teacher was laying out her things on her desk.

“ Wow, the teacher looks kinda hot,” said one of the students. Although she was organizing her things on her desk and you could only see was the top of her head and hardly any of her face, but that was enough to convince most of the class guys.

“ Yeah, she's not to bad looking,” whispered one student to another “but why is she wearing a kimono?”

“ I don't know,” the student whispered back “ but it sure does look good on her. Besides, it sure does compliment her black hair.”

The students were right, the teacher was wearing a black kimono with a red trim. Her hair fell over her shoulder in small strands and it shined in the classroom light like silk. The teacher finished laying out her stuff and was overlooking it to make sure everything was in order.

“ Hey Tatzuba, Rhyu, look over at the teacher's desk,” Sazuka was pointing to what the teacher just laid out on her desk. “ You don't see teachers with those everyday.”

All three of the guys where looking over at the desk, there where a lot of weapons lying on her desk. They knew what most of the weapons were, like the kunai knives she had, and the wide variety of shuriken, she had a couple of guns too, apparently modified, because they couldn't tell what types they where. She even had some high tech things like as a sonic pulsar and nerve system disrupter. The teacher was still arranging the weapons around, by now at least half the class had notice them, the other half were to busy talking to their friends. The teacher finally stopped arranging her weapons and she pushed a loose stray strand of hair behind her ear, revealing a pointed ears.

“ Did you see…” Tatzuba answered the question before Sazuka could finish.

“ Yes I did”

“ She was able to hear every word everyone said about her clearly,” Rhyu added.

The teacher picked her head up reviling deep violet eyes.

“ Everyone settle down and take a seat at a desk,” the teacher was Jasmine Hayoto, Sazuka's mom. “ When you sit down, a terminal will ask for your name, just type it in. All of you should already be registered in the system.”

Sazuka, Rhyu, and Tatzuba all sat next to each other making sure that their shadows where touching.

Since when was your mother a teacher at this school?” asked Tatzuba through his mind. Whenever there shadows are touching, the group can talk through their minds.

I truthfully have no idea,” was the truthful and only reply Sazuka could think of.

As the group held their little shadow conversation, they where typing in there names on a terminal that was projected from their desks. The terminal was like a hologram, but you could touch and interact with it, much like the one that the VRG at Sazuka's house used. As the group finished typing their names, a status menu of the person was displayed asking the question “correct file?” a profile of the group came up, they all pressed yes. Then the screen read, “Please wait for further instruction by your instructor”

“ Has anyone not passed the stats file yet?” Jasmine was looking around, no one raised their hand. “ Good, now I want you all to concentrate on the target on your screens without blinking when I tell you to. Also be prepared for a series of bright flashes.”

Jasmine pulled up a rather large terminal from her desk, she hovered her finger over a button on her interface.

“ Now,” Jasmine gave everyone a second and she pressed the button. From each terminal a series of bright flashes illuminated the room. A series of pictures showed up on Jasmines terminal, each one of them with a green `OK' under it.

“ Ok, sorry about that, but we just had to do a little identity check,” Jasmine pulled down her terminal and smiled. “ Hello class, my name is Miss Jasmine Hayoto. I will be you teacher for all of your classes.”

Wow, I didn't know your mother taught every academic subject and level there is. You know how smart you have to be?”

“ Well, my mom is rather smart, I have never seen her stumped about anything, even with my advanced AP homework. She was able to zip through it as if it was simple Pre-k stuff.”

Excuse me Mr. Sazuka, Tatzuba, and Rhyu. Can you please stop your shadow conversation,” Jasmine had an amused look on her face “ thank you. And by the way” Jasmine turned to the group of boys that were talking about her earlier “ thanks for your compliment, but I'm way out of your league.” They blushed, the class laughed, and class began





***

Back with the girls





“Where are we?” Yuka looked around the room to find the twins and other teens around their age hanging out in a large classroom.

“ Class,” announced a loud, stern voice. “ Everyone get to a seat and we will get started.”

The class scurried as everyone tried to find a seat next to their friends. Yuka and the twins calmly strolled to the middle of the class and each of them sat parallel from each other.

Hey, look over to the front row,” Sazuka and the guys weren't the only ones who had a secret way of communicating. “ Check out the three guys with the silver hair with red, blue, and light blue streak.”

The girls where communicating through special necklaces that each girl carried. The necklace that Yuka had was called the Pearl of the Arctic, May Min's necklace was the Aquamarine of the Ocean, and May Lin's necklace was named the Ruby of Fire. These stones allowed the users to mentally talk to the other two that have the stones. The only draw back was that you have to have a certain power to make the stone work. Fire for Ruby of Fire, ice for Pearl of the Arctic, and water for Aquamarine of the Ocean. So for example, May Lin would not be able to use May Min's necklace.

I'm guessing they have the same powers as we do” the way Yuka thought it showed that she flirting from a distance “ they are all so cute! Us six would make a cute couple

The teacher started with the identification process, and when everyone was verified, he introduced himself.

“ Now that class has started, hello class my name is Mr. Orum Hayoto”

Wait! Isn't that your dad!?” the twins thought in unison. The teacher turned to Yuka and the twin.

“ Would May Min, May Lin, and Yuka come to the front of the room please,” the teacher was Yuka's dad “ And could Kuohien, Shiyan, and Rey also come up here as well.”

“Ok, Kuohien, your group will be team alpha, Yuka's will be team beta,” Orum pulled up a large interface and was starting to enter commands to the computer, when he finished the interface dematerialized.

Orum pressed a small button on his desk the right most wall became clear, revealing a VRG room on the other side.

“ Since Mrs. Yuka, May Min, and May Lin love to talk in secrecy in my class, you can start by showing us how great you communication skills really are,” Orum winked at his daughter. “ In case you don't know class, team Alpha and Beta both have great communication skills, team alpha is able to communicate telepathically through there elemental powers, while team Beta uses their necklaces to communicate with each other through their mind as well. Same concept, but with different techniques”

Orum waved his hand in front of the two teams, the teams clothing turned into VRS's.

“ Now if you have ever been in a VRS, you never feel the battle pain right? However, these suites are different, if you are hit, you feel a small electric shock, you dematerialize either when you are hit ten times, or if you are impaled in any vital spots. Every time you are hit, the shock becomes greater, this is to teach you to not get hit by an attack.”

Orum pulled a spell card out of his pocket and used it to teleport the teams into the VRG room. The teams where facing each other, and only they knew what was going between their mind. Orum went to his desk and brought up an interface.

“ Listen up teams,” boomed Orum's voice through the VRG loudspeakers “ the area which I am choosing will require organization, communication, and corporation within each team.”

Orum selected a stage from his interface, The Forest of Illusion. All four-classroom walls turned into screens and the students were able to watch everything from the most convenient angles. The VRG room dimmed and the grid room became a large eerie forest with an odd aurora.

“ Ready, set, GO!” Orum sat back after he started the round and the entire class watched the first fight of the day.







***

“ Now I know that some of you, if not all, are wondering what is going on right now,” Jasmine was in the middle of explaining what the school exactly was. “This school was special made for people, including non-human races, with powers. This school helps you control and use your powers. You will also learn regular academics, but the main focus will be learning how to use your powers, controlling them, and becoming even stronger.”

“ Excuse me, Mrs. Hayoto” one of the students raised their hand.

“ Please, call me Jasmine.”

“ Ok, Jasmine, what does the word Ssauna stand for in the schools name?”

“ Good question. This school teaches you how to fight, and the founder of this school was a great warrior, so the school was named after him.”

May Lin caught on to that rather quick,” Sazuka thought to himself.

“ Now, would all of my students who where here last year please rise and come up here to my desk,” Jasmine stood up and signaled the guys and girls to line up. “ These are the senior students. Actually, out of all of them Eugene Ko has been here the longest. He is a great student, and a perfect roll model, and his powers and fighting abilities exceed everyone's in his class. As the classes senior student, you should look up to him and learn from him.”

“ I wonder what would happen it I stirred up a little trouble” one of the students whispered to a student next to him “ this is getting boring”

“ You really shouldn't,” replied the student.

“ Too bad,” the troublemaker lifted his finger and a small spark of electricity formed at the tip of his finger.

The trouble-making student was about to send a multi directional blast of thunder at the instructor and the senior students, when something was sent flying through the air. “ Haven't you learn respect?” Jasmine was holding pen in one hand and the other hand was still in the throwing position “ you should whisper more quietly.” Jasmine relaxed and lowered her arms. The troublemaker looked down and noticed his sleeve was pinned to the back of his chair with a pen.

The senior students glared at the student and the troublemaking kid looked like he just wanted to shrink until he was no more. Eugene sent a blast small blast of energy that was shaped like a blade, and it shredded the pen and the kid was freed.

“ Mr. Kyung Kim, you will not be causing any trouble in my class,” then in a different tone she turned around and announced to the class. “ Mr. Sazuka and Kyung are both rather powerful for their age, one just so happens to be a trouble maker,” Jasmine shot a piecing glance at Kyung “the other not so much.”

Jasmine pulled out a parchment from her sleeve and used it to teleport Sazuka and Kyung into a VRG chamber. The four walls in the class became large screens that displayed everything from different angles.

“ Ok, since you like to cause trouble, lets see if you can stand against one of the top students in my class, I'm sure my son won't disappoint me too much.” Jasmine selected the stage for the fight, Mystic Ruins of the Phoenix Castles. “ These suit you are wearing a little different from regular VRS's, but I will let you find out how on your own. Start the battle now!”

Sazuka disappeared into a shadow of the ruins, and Kyung disappeared in a flash of lightning.

“ Are you watching this Eugene? You're battling the winner,” Jasmine asked her Eugene

“ Yes this is going to be fun.”

The fight started, and the day's surprises had just started.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment