Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

14 humans, a monster, and four gallant kids that has just sealed their fate. Please read and reveiw!!!

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4
Chapter 4.

(Gwen’s P.O.V.)

OK, so here it is: We’re racing, jumping, and shouting down the road like idiots. “Let’s go to my house,” Artie said. Absolutely NOT! No way! “No…my house, Arthur! I have the supplies there, you know,” I replied in a cold, accusing voice. Artie winced. I felt like saying, ”Sorry!” But, look at who came to MY door at 2am!! 2am? 2am?!!!!!!!! Ugh! Then, no, you won’t believe this!: He, woke me up, dragged me out of my cozy bed, then what does he do?! He forces me out of my home, brings me to a monster’s liar, and expects me to- to not tell my parents and help him get out of trouble! Bah! Okay, okay. Maybe I’m over reacting. Well…OK fine! I am over reacting. Okay, Gwen! Calm down! Sorry. Anyway, we were hoping down the road like lunatics. I turned on Arthur. “You did it, buddy!” I waved my hand angrily at him. “Sorry.” Artie shrugged. “You better go home.” I stopped. “W-What?” Artie rolled his eyes. “Come on I know your mad at me.” Ugh! He is SO guy! “Ugh! You just don’t get it, Arts!” Uh-Oh. I tried to calm myself own. “Do you know how serious this is?!” He knit his eye brows then replied in a quiet tone, “Yes, Guinevere. I do.” I stopped and stared at him. He never calls me Guinevere. Mainly, because I demand that he just calls me Gwen. But, this was… different in a bad way. I sighed. “I’m…sorry.” He shook his head. “No, need to be,” he whispered,” I am the one to be sorry, Guinevere.” Finally! Then I saw a tear trickle down his emerald green eyes. My anger supplicated right then and there. Maybe because I was so tired and wound up, I cried. “Err…Gwen? You ‘k?” I nodded. “Y-Yeah,” I said through my hiccups. Arthur sighed. “You’re making me feel bad.” HA! Funny. “Oh, my bad… Sorry.” I smiled at him. Artie looked at me then laughed, “That is the cheesiest smile I have ever seen! HA!” “Shut up.” “Fine.” We stopped in my yard. “Look,” Artie confessed,” I’m sorry. You can…go back to sleep. Sorry for bothering you.” I stopped to look him in the eye. “In your dreams, brain boy. You dragged me into this mess, and your not getting rid of me until the job’s done!” He looked at me, shocked. I, on the other hand, put my hand on my hips, looked him in the eye, and dragged him in my home. “Get the flashlight, batteries, and any other supplies that we might need. I’ll take care of the note, and the food.” Arthur nodded in agreement. I grabbed lots of water, food galore, a huge back pack, and…a piece of paper and pen. I can’t just barge in my parents room and say, “Hey, mom. Hey, dad. Listen, we’re going into a monsters lair 90% chance we’ll get eaten (or whatever we does to intruders). And, (if we do make it) we won’t be back in a while…” I snuck upstairs to my room, and grabbed my small silver necklace. Then ran back down stairs. Well… I got half-way down the hall when I saw two faces glaring at me. “Julia! Dave! What are you-” I caught myself. Dave blinked. “What are you doin’?” I spun around. “Davy, go back to bed!” He folded his chubby arms and shook his head. “No, Gwen. I-I don’t wanna.” No! Why couldn’t he listen to me just once. The to twins looked at me. Yes. They are twins. My little pesky 5 year-old siblings. Julia went pale when she saw me take out the backpack. “Gwen,” she asked,” Where are you going?” “Err… none of your beeswax.” Davy’s face went red. “That is not nice!” “Sorry!” I put my hands up in a surrender position. He smiled. I put more water bottles in the other bed. Julia stamped her foot. “Gwen! I want to know where you are going!” Davy looked at me then said, “Yeah, me and Julia wanna know where you are going!” I glared at them. “Gwen“, Artie coaxed, ”We could use the extra hands.” “What?! NO! I will NOT take them.” Arthur crossed his arms. “Then tell them where we’re going.” I shook my head, stubbornly. “Or…I’ll tell them.” “Arthur! Why are you doing this?!” He shrugged. “They deserve an explanation.” I felt my face redden. “N-No, they don’t. If-if you tell them…then you’re on your own!” I felt bad for playing that card. Then, for the first time, I saw Arthur’s face get hot pepper red. “Well?” Dave breathed. “OK fine! We are going to the cave to rescue Sabrina. Happy? No go back to bed!” I saw Julia’s eyes widen with fear and shock. Davy, on the other hand, seemed amused. “Really? Cool! Can I come?!” I stared at him in shock. I laughed. “You? You want to come?” I wheezed. Artie ran over. “Gwen, shhh! You parents might wake up!” I wiped the tears from my eyes while I took control of myself again. “I-If Davy goes…I go.” I stood full height. “No, you are not because Dave is not coming.” Julia looked relieved. Davy shook his head. “If you go…I go.” “And, if you go…I go as well!” Julia finished. Well… Artie’s right. We do need all the help we can get. But…what if we just called the police…. No! They won’t listen. All they’ll do is put us in the nut house. Ugh! Well… they won’t leave me alone if I don’t…, I thought. “Okay, fine!” I heard whoops of joy. I rolled my eyes. “Thanks, Gwen! You’re the bestest!” Artie walked up and smiled. “You mean: Gwen, you are the best. Not: You are the bestest.” “Artie, shut up.” I heard him give a chuckle. “How could you be laughing at this moment?!” “I’m not. I’m giggle at your…” I put my hand on my hips. “My what?” I asked. He smiled. “No, no. Nothing…” “Dave, get your ball of string. Same for you, Jules.” “Sir, yes, sir!” Davy teased then the two of them ran up stairs. “Quietly!” I hissed. Julia nodded. Five minutes later, they returned down stairs. What a sight they were! Fully armored with biking gear. I let out a snort of laughter. Julia shot me a dirty look. “Aw, come on, Jules! I was just trying to shed some light over this picture!” I sighed. “did you get your balls of string?” I asked. “Yes.” they both replied at the same time. “Jules, can you get my ball?” “Um…sure.” 10 minuets later, we were all packed and ready to go. “Wait!” I muttered. I finally got to the note but, instead of me writing it, Artie got the honors.

Hey, mom. Hey, dad. If you’re reading this, then we are long gone by now. Do not look for us. We are…um…over with Artie. And he need’s our help with some thing. So…and…he won’t be picking up the hone if you try to call. Thank you.,
Arthur Davy
Guinevere Julia

You’re probably looking at Julia’s signature and thinking, “That is impossible for a 5 year old!” But, she is so fixed on her signature to look pretty. Impressive huh? “I really don’t think this is smart. No, I know this isn’t smart.” Artie stopped, looked me in the eye, and told me,” Gwen, you have a choice, you know. You can urn back now.” I shook my head. I don’t know what possessed me to come. But, I refused to turn back. My stomach started doing summersaults. The trip was silent. It felt like we were walking into our own trap. Every part o me wanted to run and hide under my bed. We trudged up those hills, ran passed the pond, and finally arrived at the monster’s realm.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment