Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Here We Are

I don't own Code Lyoko.
I arrive at Kadic, not really knowing why I'm here. This boy won't stop trying to be my friend. But ever since I lost her, I don't want any more friends. Please, anything but that. .:Vienna:.

Chapter 1 - Here We Are

Chapter 1 - Here We Are
(A/N: This is my first fanfiction on here, please be nice ^^)

~Anything But That.



Chapter 1: Here We Are

I step outside of Mr. Delmas office. Ive been through a few school registrations, so I can do it myself. Mom doesnt have to do it anymore for me.

Out in the courtyard now, I look around. There are so many kids here; it must be lunchtime. Im not hungry at lunch. I usually draw or write during that time. I look to my left, and close my eyes. Oh no.

A girl dressed in mostly pink was coming my way. I analyze her quickly: preppy, thinks shes all that and a bag of chips, probably has a squeaky, squealy voice.

Hey, youre the new girl, arent you? she asks. I smirk.

That I am. Whats it to you, though? I say back.

She purses her lips for a moment; they then turn to a smile. My names Sissi.

More smirking. That must be short for something. Something like---

She cuts me off. Im Sissi, the principals daughter, as a matter of fact. Who are you?

Vienna. I say it apathetically. I think shes actually enjoying this! I look in a different direction, causing me to see a group of kids that stand out to me. Before Sissi can say anything else, I blurt out Who are they? Its kind of to myself, but Sissi hears it, and being the person she is, has to reply.

Oh, those are just weird kids. Except for Ulrich of course& She goes on to tell me this epic story that I just tune out. The one that really catches my eye is a kid in purple with a blonde spike for hair. Theres a purple highlight in the center as well; Im guessing he really digs purple. He seems to feel me staring and looks my way. We lock eyes for a few short seconds, then I smile and look away, shaking my head. I attempt looking interested, but I know my eyes look distant. & and thats why Ulrich should be mine, but that Japanese girl wont back off. She finishes and looks at me. Were you even listening?

I shake my head to clear my mind and focus on Sissi. Yeah. Great story, you should write a book. I slap my hand on her shoulder, then turn to walk away. She makes a humph noise and walks away too. I smirk again, but immediately drop it. The kid in purple was standing behind me. My eyes narrow for a split second; wonder what he wants.

His hand comes out in front of him, and he smiles at me. Im Odd. And I heard your wisecrack to Sissi, so dont make fun of my name. I stare plainly at him.

Vienna, I mutter. I try getting past him and succeed, only to be followed.

Hey, wait! I keep walking. Id rather not, thanks.

Whats to wait for? I ask. I dont want to be mean, but since I lost my best friend in the world, Id prefer to not go back. He runs ahead and turns in front of me, forcing me to stop.

Im trying to be nice to you. His voice is the same tone, but firm.

I can see that. Thanks, but no thanks. I almost tell Odd about my best friend, but soon decide against it. I remove his hand from my arm gently and put it at his side. Thats when I notice hes actually just a tad taller than me. Wow Im short.

He lets me leave and turns to go back to his friends. Im pretty sure I hurt him, but its hard; I loved her, she was like my sister. I held my hand in front of my face and look at the scar. It ran from the crook between my thumb and index finger, along my thumb, and down to the base of my palm. I wouldnt think her name, it hurt too much. Though it was all those years ago, I still feel the pain, all out. I knew her inside out, and she knew me the same way. I laugh bitterly. One day we had cut our hands and put them together to mix our blood. We wanted so badly to be related to each other. I clench my hand to a fist, and shut my eyes tight.

I dont want to remember.

I head towards where Mr. Delmas told me my room was. Thankfully, he said that I would have my own room. I open the door and step inside. I sigh in relief. I set my duffel bag down next to my bed and take the messenger one off my shoulders. Falling on my new bed, I sigh gigantically, bigger than the previous one. I must have fallen asleep, because when I wake up, I check the clock: it reads in green, digital numbers: 2:38 A.M. I run my hand over the length of my face. I kick my shoes off and lay in bed correctly. I curl into a ball and close my eyes, waiting, almost begging for sleep to come. When it does, I lose control of my mind; ideas and memories running wild.

(Hope you liked it!



~Dark Frigid Night.)

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Aechigo on September 3, 2007, 5:56:43 AM

Aechigo on
AechigoWhoa. That's awesome. Nice job!

--Aechigo--

crazicat06 on June 24, 2007, 9:44:26 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06OMG!!!! Code Lyoko story! Yay!
Odd is my fav character too. But I like Jeremy too.