Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Was It A Dream?

I don't own Code Lyoko.
I arrive at Kadic, not really knowing why I'm here. This boy won't stop trying to be my friend. But ever since I lost her, I don't want any more friends. Please, anything but that. .:Vienna:.

Chapter 2 - Was It A Dream?

Chapter 2 - Was It A Dream?
[A/n: Hush, I know she likes saying anything but that. Thats why I called the story that, lol.]



Anything But That.



Chapter 2: Was It A Dream?

I look around, studying my surroundings. Not again& anything but that. See, it seems almost& virtual, like a video game. Though something tells me this is the real deal. Im in the mountainous area again, and theres one of those towers just barely in my line of sight.

That mechanical noise meets my ears. I quickly turn around. Its one of those block-type monsters. I always think at this time: Why dont I have any weapons? I turn back around and run for the tower. One of its lasers hits me in the center of my back, knocking me to the ground. I try getting up, but more monsters appear, including the huge crab kind. It stands directly above me, and aims its laser at me. I curl into a tight ball and clench my eyes shut. I feel the immense pain and let out a scream. My mind starts going blank, and my body numb.

I sit straight up in my bed, gasping for breath. My hand slaps against my chest, over my heart, my pulse beating wildly. I dont feel much except dizziness and some pain from where the monsters hit me. Why does this happen, and why do I feel it after I wake up?

What is that place? I whisper to myself, frowning. I shake my head and glance at the clock. 7:00 A.M. on the dot. I get up and get to my bag. I open it up and take out shower things and a change of clothes. Im about to go out, but I remember something. My hair probably looks impossible, so I brush out the knots and tie it back. Then Im out the door.

When I get to the bathrooms, Im happy to see that there isnt a line. I rush inside and slip into an empty shower stall. Once Im the shower, I close my eyes and focus on the hot water. Its like meditating in the shower almost. This actually made me smile. Soon enough Im done. I turn the water off, and get dried off. I dress myself quickly and run my brush through my hair again. Without noticing anyone or looking at anyone, Im out of the bathroom in a flash.

I run back to my room and put my stuff back. I grab my messenger bag and sling it across my body. Im just about to open the door, when it gets a knock. My arm drops and I sigh. What now?

Vienna? a familiar voice chimes into my consciousness. Aw, come on! Why does he like me so much? I open the door with a straight face.

Yes, what do you need? I ask. He blushes lightly and takes a breath.

Well, I was wondering if you needed help getting around campus? he asks casually, his hands in his pockets. I smile. I know hes just trying to be nice, but I just cant do this.

Thanks Odd, but no thanks, I can handle it. I push my way past him and head towards where I was told my first class was. On the way there, I keep thinking about the dream. This kind of dream wasnt new; Ive been having these types of dreams ever since I was little. That how I lost my friends--- I would tell them about the dreams and they wouldnt believe me. They always thought I was a freak. But not her. She always accepted me for everything. The day I was going to tell her about the dreams, we had to move. I never really got to say goodbye. I like Odd, I do, but I just dont want to get hurt and most importantly dont want him to get hurt. Im not really sure if he would get hurt, but Id like to not take the chance.

I walk into the classroom and tell the teacher my name quickly. He points to a table with two chairs, and I go to sit at one. I take the sketch book out of my messenger bag and begin drawing. After a few minutes, my basic sketch is almost done and the bell rings. Kids suddenly start flooding into the classroom. I see them all out of the tops of my eyes. A load of purple comes to my 180-degree vision; my eyes close and I sigh. Oh, anything but that. (a/n: sorry if she sounds superior or something. But if you try, anyone can do that. The 180-degree vision thing.)

Hey, cool, we have the same class together. His voice is cheerful, like hes happy to see me. He takes a seat next to me and glances at my drawing; rather, my work-in-progress. So youre an artist?

I guess so. My answer is blunt because I hope to discourage him. But this other small yet gigantic word slips out. Why?

He points to the paper. It looks pretty good so far. Cant wait to see it finished& he says hopefully, as if he really would like me to finish. I wonder why he took such an interest in me. I mean, its not like Im special or anything& okay, scratch that. I dont look special, do I?

I nod abruptly. Id love to be his friend and everything, but I just cant! Id end up telling him about the dreams, and hed think I was a freak& just like everyone else. I assume he either understands what I mean or gets the message, because he looks to the front of the room. I sigh very quietly to myself, glad that he has left me alone.

Class is basically a blur because Im not really paying attention. When the teacher hands out our homework, I take a look at it. Im not entirely sure how to do it. Sure wasnt learning this stuff in my other school... I shrug. Im sure Ill pick it up in no time.

The bell rings and I shove the paper in my bag. I stand up, slinging it across my body again. Odd stands with me, and I turn to look at him.

Yes? He looks surprised because Im sure he wasnt expecting that. I cant read minds, but I can certainly tell when someone was going to say something by the way they act, what their face is looking like, things like that. Sometimes I even have an idea of what they are going to say. Its an interesting ability.

Odd shakes that off and begins speaking. Would you mind meeting some of my friends later? he asks me. I ponder it shortly in my mind: Lets think for a second, Vi. Everytime you meet someone new, you end up telling them about the dreams. It slips out, they drag it out of you, somehow they find out. Now. What would happen if maybe you make some new friends and then watch what you say? Maybe you can make this work. Maybe they dont have to find out. Man I need more time, but I dont have any right now. Lets just go with it, savvy? Great.

Alright, sounds good. See you at lunch. I flash him a quick and polite smile and almost run out of the room.
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
Lunch time comes around fast. Before I know it, Odd suddenly has me by the wrist and is nearly dragging me through the cafeteria. He soon stops us in front of three other kids. Teenagers, actually, they look older than kids. I laugh at this to myself. I pop back into reality and look over the teens. Two boys, one girl: one boy is a blond with glasses. The other boy has brown hair and wears all green. The girl looks Japanese and wears all black. I sense a kind of connection between the green boy and the girl.

Odd points to the blond boy. This is Jeremie. Jeremie waves. Odds finger moves in front of the green boy. Ulrich, and Yumi. So Ulrich is the green one and Yumi is the Japanese girl. Guys, this is Vienna. Shes new.

Yeah, I think I saw you yesterday, Yumi says, pointing at me. I nod, raising my eye brows and looking away. Im kind of uninterested right now.

Oh! I almost forgot. There is another member to our little group, but shes not here right now. When Odd says this, I look at him with piercing blue eyes. There is a good reason Im suddenly interested now. My friend that I had a long time ago; the one Im blood sisters with, or rather Lyoko sisters as we called it& we liked the name Lyoko when her father created a program with that name, and decided to call ourselves the Lyoko sisters; these are the kind of people she would hang out with. When I met her, we lived in France. Not too far from here, actually. My family has moved many times because my mothers a photographer. My father got sick of my mother having to move so much so he left us. Ive not heard from him since.

Whats her name? I ask.

Aelita. Why? Odd replies.

My body freezes.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

crazicat06 on July 17, 2007, 5:47:24 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Awsome! ^.^
Dude, I read this, and I have watched Code Lyoko so much that when I read what they say, I can hear their voices in my mind. Its so weird.

dont_ever_quote_Mark_Twain on July 16, 2007, 7:38:37 AM

dont_ever_quote_Mark_Twain on
dont_ever_quote_Mark_TwainRetardo thing! Alright the &s are ... and the spaces are either " or '