Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Escape

Making a daring escape from the villainous Mothers through a portal to a new world, the teens find themselves ever more intricately woven into its affairs. Can Zee and Abel find a way to defeat Darisan, and thus fufill her prophecy?

Chapter 2 - Escape

Chapter 2 - Escape
Zee waved good-bye to Abel as he trudged through the doors on his way to the next assignment. She went in the other direction towards her next assignment.
She had very carefully placed Surprise in her pocket, but in a way so that she had some freedom and could poke out her head without being seen.
Still sorrowful of her loss of adventure, she took her time getting to the kitchen. Zee poked and prodded all over the kitchen, checking every nook and cranny. After searching for almost a straight half hour, she was exhausted and slowly sank back against the wall next to a wooden counter. She made a checklist in her mind, going over every part of the kitchen, and felt frustrated. A bell went off in her head.
Surprise! She must be connected to this somehow, so it could be right where I found her initially… She paused. The dorm room!
Ignoring the little voice in her head warning her not to leave, she ran through the doors right for her room that was only a little ways from the cafeteria.
Luckily, she encountered no patrolling Mothers, but as she entered the room, she barred it still with one of the beds for the door lacked a lock.
Turning, she felt a throbbing presence in the room, indescribable, yet distinct in her senses. Awed, she stood stock still for nearly a minute, letting the feeling wash over her. It was a cool feel of comforting waves and oceans calm. Breaking free of the spell, Zee knew in an instant, whether or not the bowls were washing themselves - which they still weren’t - that this was it. Looking down, she saw that Surprise was fast asleep, her head hanging from her pockets edge.
Immediately she began probing the room, looking under, over and around every little thing. After an unsuccessful search, she took a break to recoup.
Where did I find Surprise? Her mind made her body drift over to the back wall, where she squatted down, inspecting the wall. Her eyes wandered over to a spot above the little hole where she found Surprise, because there was not a speck of dust on its surface. Having never seen anything so clean in her life most likely, she reached out with her fingers to touch it.
“Eeep!” She flipped backwards with her legs in the air. There’s nothing there! Cautiously she turned right side over again and stared at the wall, and carefully stuck her hand in and out of the wall several times. After confirming her theory, she leaped up and sprinted out the door. ‘It! It! It!’

Poor Zee… Abel was sad for her, really wanting her to be happy and was disappointed that they still didn’t know what it was. He sat mulling this over as his hands mechanically wiped down the counters in the sorting room. He was with only a few other orphans - all older than he - for this special task of cleaning the endless counter-tops in the sorting room. He was in the middle of these thoughts when he saw the door open just enough to allow a slim figure to step through.

Zee spent what seemed like seconds, flitting from room to room; searching. She had already out-run the two Mothers that were after her, and was flexible enough to dodge the three she had nearly barreled over. Finally she reached the sorting room, which was simply a maze of counters identical to the ones in the kitchen. She had almost burst through the door before she caught herself.
Korina That conniving worm was here too and barely three feet from where Abel was standing. Without further hesitation, Zee slipped in through the door. Dropping down, she made her way into the maze, hidden by the counter of her only protection.

Korina saw it all; the quick glance from Abel and the slight movement of the door. She sprinted for the other side of the room where a lazy Mother was snoring.
“Ma’am, you may want to come and see this”

Abel was caught.
“Uh-oh” From both directions he saw movement, one good and one frightening. He swallowed the lump in his throat. Dropping to all fours, he tried to remember the path to the way out of the maze towards Zee. Scrambling, Abel was caught in dead-ends over and over again. Once every few seconds he looked up to check the situation. Sometimes it was better - closer to Zee - or worse - closer to the Mother and Korina. He continued until his hands were raw from the gritty floor. An instant later Zee seemed to drop from nowhere. Getting to their feet, she grabbed his hand.
“Come on” From the view he had, all to be seen was Surprises head sticking out of her pocket as if saying, ‘Lets go for a ride’ So Abel followed after the swift Zee, and his only thought was it.

Out of desperation and frustration from the counter maze, Zee jumped over the top of a line of island counters, dropping directly in front of Abel. Already having blown their cover, she stood and thrust her hands towards him. As they made their way ever closer to the exit doors, so did Korina and the supervising Mother, who knew the maze by heart.
“Jump!” Zee leaped on top of the counters, with Abel close behind. They quickly made their way over the maze, dropping down and then back up again as necessary, making a beeline for the door.

The Mother was furious at how her age kept her from even a little physical exertion. After seeing how quickly the children scurried, she turned back to resume her duties instead of continuing - for she knew it was futile. Seeing the Mother giving up, Korina knew there was nothing holding her back now. Taking the leap, she advanced toward s the door.

‘We’re almost there’ Abel moved his legs swiftly so he could to stay with the nimble Zee. He looked over his shoulder for a split-second, smiling to himself to see she had given up all together. ‘Where’s Korina?’ He looked towards the door again to see his answer. ‘Oh’ they came to a screeching halt several feet from the door.
Zee furrowed her brow in thought for a moment as Korina smirked to herself. As an older orphan, she was confident of her superiority.
‘She’s planning to hold us in here until another Mother comes running’ Zee snarled to herself. ‘I’m leaving aren’t I? I don’t’ have to be intimidated by anyone anymore, so long as we’re not caught!’
“Abel, when I say ‘now’, run as fast as you can to dorm two, but don’t get caught. I’ll be right next you” Abel nodded. Calmly, Zee took a step towards Korina, flexing her arms and hands.
“So Korina, the Mother’s been good to you?” Now Zee was the one smirking as Korina seemed to shrink back against the door. “Why don’t you run off to bed now,” Zee lunged at Korina, fist pulled back, “It’s lights out!” Zee swung her right fist full length across the side of Korina’s face, feeling her head snap sideways with the force of the blow.
“Now!” As Korina dropped to the floor from the impact and the shock a junior had defied her, Zee and Abel burst through the door, racing into the hallway. Confronting a crowd of Mothers, making Zee stop and think. Five or six Mothers were gathered in the hallway, all menacing in their ways.
“Great…” As the Mothers grinned at their future success, Zee made a dive. Taking a running start, Zee dropped and slid between the legs of one of the Mothers in front, and easily dodging the rest.
“Come on Abel!” He had seen the take-off, only thought for a second before mimicking her action.
Running down the corridors, Abel managed to ask the much pressed question.
“It?”
“It”
Nearing the room, Zee’s heart pumped faster, much faster than her own feet or those of the pursuers behind them.
Not bothering to be sneaky any longer, they crashed through the doors; Zee dragged Abel to the back wall, ducking her head down she ran headlong through the wall. Abel didn’t budge for a second; the only thing still connecting them was their clasped hands. Zee’s hand sticking from the wall gave a tight squeeze. Taking deep breath, he ignored the oncoming Mothers, and followed.

A majority of the Mothers who managed to keep up with the fleeing orphans, fainted at the sight of the disappearing children. The only one left standing, had the acute sense that there was something in this room that was not right. Recognizing the feeling from her past long ago, she suddenly knew where the children had gone, and she smirked.
“Bingo” Swiftly, she followed after

ORPHAN CHILDREN DISAPPEAR THROUGH WALL!!!
The event that has shocked many, the disappearing orphans!
The Mothers of a downtown orphanage were appalled as two junior orphans walked straight through the dorm room walls. The Mothers who had not fainted away at the sight attempted to follow, but by then the wall was once again normal plaster!
“They simply ran from us, straight into the wall!” States one Mother who managed to stay conscious through the event.
“Who would even want to run away from us? We treat the children so nicely there!” Cried the supervising Mother of the orphanage.
Following the event, the Mothers did a head count and came up with three short of their normal staff and children. Apparently, a Mother had been able to chase the children to wherever they may be. The Mother had not been working long at the facility, and had shown up at the doorstep with no background information or birth certificate at all.
“She did seem a little bit stranger than the rest of us” Recalls a fellow Mother.
More information to follow, after the investigation, what really happened?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment