Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Conflict

Making a daring escape from the villainous Mothers through a portal to a new world, the teens find themselves ever more intricately woven into its affairs. Can Zee and Abel find a way to defeat Darisan, and thus fufill her prophecy?

Chapter 8 - Conflict

Chapter 8 - Conflict
“Hey look!” Zee pointed excitedly to the combat arena – unaware to Daemon’s close contact – where apparently two students were already having a duel. From the distance they were at – not to mention the growing crowd size – no one in the group could distinguish who the combatants were. They ran closer to get a better look, and as they neared, they heard chanting.
“Autim! Autim!”
“Pake! Pake!” All around Zee she heard whispering as well in the mob, feeding off the information as they shoved their way closer to the front.
“…heard he took it too far…”
”…jumped him from behind…”
”…called her a disgrace…”
Zee nearly had a heart attack.
Autim’s hair is on fire was all she could think of. Autim and Pake were circling each other in the arena. Autim’s eyes had turned to pools of liquid tar, where her hair should have been was a fiery mass. Her skin was black and cracked like hardened lava to act as an impenetrable armor.
Her opponent was not much better.
Pake was continually shifting forms, one moment he was a sort of big cat, the next a bird with terrifying talons. He happened the form of a giant wolf, barix was what Mrs. Linmel had called them, the elves rode them around in the forests or something.
Moans and cheering rose from the student body, Autim had countered one of Pakes pounces using a bone crunching punch to throw him into the air, and giving him a kick that could send a normal person back through the timeslip to Earth. Pake landed with a heavy whump. Faster than Zee could see, Autim closed the distance in a single bound, landing softly where Pake lay. She peered down at the still form of the barix, and seemingly satisfied with her work, she doused her flames with a carefless flick of her finger, and turned on her heels. Much of the crowd went wild. Not so much for the fact that Autim had won, but because of the sheer joy of the fight. Suddenly, the crowd roared, just as Autim’s face was dug deeply into the earth. Pake had regained consciousness or had simply been faking it, but had immediately come for Autim. Apparently he wasn’t too bright though, because Autim grunted once and she burst into flame. The flames surrounding her body licked at Pake’s fur, the rank smell of burning hair overwhelmed the front of the crowd, who desperately tried to push backwards. As Pake shook the shock from himself, Autim sneered as she warmed up her arms, flexing into a fighting stance, beckoning to her opponent.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment