Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - I


Chapter 1 - I

Chapter 1 - I


I didn't have to go, but it wasn't like I had anything else to do.

I had finally met people like me. The leader had seaked me out like the dragons did.

She walked into my empty house, monarch wings fluttering at the dust in the air. I was there, resting my tired wings. Everyday I go searching, by flight, for something of which I do not know. I heard her before I saw her and thought she was there to get me out, so I decided to hide.

She must have heard me as well, for she called out to me and said "Do not be afraid, I will not tell anyone of your excistence." She must have sensed that I was still uneasy, so she continued her speech from the door. "I've been looking for you for a very long time-"

"Who are you? Why are you here? What do you want?" I croaked. she was taken aback by my voice, it was a deep rumbling, like a dragon purr.

"My real name is Kathrin, but I like to be called Katy. I am here because I know others like us, and we don't want you to be lonely. We want you to come and meet us. What is your name?"

"My guardian tells me that I am Ragnorak." It was then that I came out of my hiding place. She gasped-no, sucked all the air from the room, more like it, when she glimpsed my large, leathery (and somewhat heavy) wings. I was shocked by her wings as well, but I had learned to hide my emotions quite well.

"If you have tricked me, there will be no end to the horrible things you will be subject to." She just nodded, still slackjawed.

"Now lead" Katy shook her self as if remembering where she was.

"Right."

Katy led me to an empty warehouse that I had always had a strange, pointless feeling when I flew over it.

"We're here!" she yelled into the open threshold. I could hear something moving inside.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment