Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Meet Your New Self

When this elven woman finally discovers who she is, her identity is altered once more. Will she be able to conquer the cause, or is she forever stuck as the hybrid she's been morphed into now?

Chapter 1 - Meet Your New Self

Chapter 1 - Meet Your New Self
        Pale moonlight cast a silky blanket of faded white over the sleeping village of Luya-Miru. Only a select few of its large population were awake and stirring, even fewer with a reasonable purpose. It was to be expected at such late hours as only those with certain positions were expected to resist the temptation of rest during these hours of night.
        One elven woman fit this particular description. Clothed in a flowing white kimono, a cherry tree and its twisted branches creating intricate designs on the surplus of fabric, she was lying on her side by a gurgling river. The water was flowing at a rapid pace, and though the sounds that emitted from it from were rather loud, they were calming. It was a spot of peacefulness, often used when one's desire was to focus clearly upon their thoughts at present. This case was, in fact, no different from the assumed. Milky orbs gazing into the depths of the clear liquid, she was absent-mindedly staring at the quivering reflection that seemed to float towards her.
        At the distinct sound of approaching foosteps, her lean body shot to a standing position as she scanned the area around her. Her pale face didn't allow any betrayal of emotion, the only thing evident in her features being curiousity. With an eyebrow raised and thin lips pressed into a line, she cautiously began to move about. Coming to an abrupt stop, she allowed her eyelids to obscure her vision as she reached out her consciousness in an attempt to sense others around her. There were insects, woodland animals.. At the touch of a new and unknown mind, she allowed her mind to sink into the barriers surrounding it.
        A jolt of energy rippled up her spine, and she immediately withdrew from her prior activity. Hot air sent her knee-length, white hair away from her shoulders. As her eyelids fluttered open, her gaze met another's. The unexpected visitor's eyes relayed a peculiar intelligence and comprehension; they were massive, yet she drew no fear from them at first sight. Regaining her composure, she drew herself to her full height and allowed her hands to fall to her sides. The further she grew from the creature, the larger it seemed.
        Black scales covered the monstrous life form's body. The only part that they didn't inhabit were parts of its wings, which resembled those of a bat's; although they were magnified by a considerable amount, and they appeared to be far sturdier in order to carry the unimaginable weight.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment