Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Creature

The beginning of a story that I'll probably never finish. Think of it what you will.

Chapter 1 - The Creature

Chapter 1 - The Creature
As I stare into the darkness that is the soul it begins to dawn on me, perhaps humans are not as pure as originally intended. Yes, such a blasphemous thought, but if you too were to stare into the blackness that is the soul, perhaps you would come to the same conclusion as I.


"The target is 600 yards North-Northwest from your current position," a voice crackles out from from the microphone in my ear. As if I didn't already know that, it may be nearly pitch black, and I may be in the middle of a forest but that, thing, should be clear as daylight to anyone within a 2 mile radius.
"Roger that, going into stealth mode," I reply. Doing so I begin to move towards the creature. Giant and looming, as it turns in my direction its deformed, black, pupil-less eyes appear to be staring straight through me. Of course, they really are staring straight through me as it couldn't possibly see me while I'm in stealth mode, but it's just as disturbing nonetheless.
"The target is less than 100 yards from your current location, requesting a switch to attack mode," the voice crackles again. I ignore the request, if I went to attack mode now the creature would notice too soon and that would make my job much harder than it needs to be."Target fifty feet from you current location. I repeat requesting switch to attack mode," this time I listen and I switch to attack mode. Startled, the creature turns around, and I sink the knife into it. It screams a high pitched piercing scream that could rip the heavens in two. Everything goes black.
"Good job, simulation complete"

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

blackcatcurse on June 19, 2009, 11:36:02 AM

blackcatcurse on
blackcatcurseWhen I looked at the first chapter, I knew you wrote it. I look at the text before I look at the author.

This seems interesting so far. So many possibilities...eh, what the heck, you have all summer to work on it.

eLampe on June 19, 2009, 11:03:44 PM

eLampe on
eLampeOf course you knew it was me, remember that time I wrote the first two lines in Physics and then you replied with something along the lines of "Alas, humans were never intended to be good. They were meant to decide that for themselves, both individually and as a people"