Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Space Adventure...

I head into space trying to explore a new galaxy, what horrors await me?... (this story was saturday detention work)

Chapter 1 - A Space Adventure...

Chapter 1 - A Space Adventure...
A space adventure

It was the 14th February 3056 and I was finally about to take off to the neighbouring galaxyArchadia. In the space shuttle Highwind which had been under construction for 7 years now. I was sitting in the cockpit and there were thousands of people who had turned up to watch me take off. I took some system checks and announced the OK, the countdown started, 10, 9, 8, 7…3, 2, 1. As I lifted off everything seemed to move like I was in one of those old theme park roller coasters, once I had breached the atmosphere I heard a voice over the radio, “May luck be with you.” I felt as if I was the most important guy in the universe, I was travelling through space faster than the speed of sound but I couldn’t feel anything, it was as if the shuttle wasn’t moving.
After 15 hours in the shuttle I had arrived in Archadia, it was a dry desolate place and there were few planets, but one caught my attention, it was no larger than mars but is looked almost like the Earth but instead of being mainly blue it was mainly orange. I had decided to land, once the shuttle had touched down I looked at the controls and it said that this planet had a breathable atmosphere. So I got out of the Highwind and approached a large cavern, inside it was warm but icicles were hanging from the top of the cavern. As I got a little further into the cavern I came to a fork in the path, I decided to take the left route as it seemed to have signs of life in it. As I walked along the path I came to a deep hole, I decided to climb down. The hole seemed to go on forever, eventually I saw what looked like the core of the planet it was warm ice, when I finally got to the bottom of the hole I was confronted by a creature made of ice, it seemed it wanted me to follow but looked harmless so I followed it with ray gun drawn. It stopped in what looked like a large hall, in front of me stood a large beast made of fire.
The beast spoke telepathically, “I understand that you are from earth?”
“Yes.” I replied.
“And that you are here on a mission to explore our Galaxy?” It asked.
“Yes.” I replied once again.
“Well then, I am Ifrit, ruler of this Galaxy, and if you wish to take anything from it, including your shuttle then you must take the gauntlet.” It said.
“But that shuttle belongs to the Earth.” I explained.
“Not anymore it doesn’t,” it said, “as you have touched down on Archadian rock it not belongs to me, but I shall let you take a living
creature with you for your troubles, but beware, the gauntlet is life threatening and will involve fighting me if you ever make it to the end.”
“I accept your challenge.” I replied.
“Over there.” It said, pointing to a cave entrance that just revealed itself.
I immediately walked through the entrance which sealed behind me. In front of me was a spike pit with a rope above it, I could see and smell those who had died here at this very obstacle. I ran towards the edge and jumped for the rope; I grasped it with both hands and swung back and forth until I could jump to the other side. Once on the other side I had to walk across a narrow beam with large pits on either side of me, about half way across the beam behind me started to crumble away. I ran as fast as I could towards the other side, it was about to crumble beneath my feet so I jumped forwards and grabbed hold of the ledge and pulled myself up to the other side. I looked back to see where I had very almost met my end. Now I was faced with a pit and a large rope bridge. I began to slowly walk across to the other side testing each plank with my foot before I stood on it. When suddenly I slipped on the ice and fell off the side of the bridge.
I awoke on a ledge not to far under the bridge; I couldn’t think how to get back up. Then I remembered I had my ray gun. I shot it at the sides of the bridge and it fell down towards me like a ladder. I slowly started to climb my way up the slippery planks. Then I finally got to the top and collapsed on the floor finding it hard to believe my lucky escape. I looked up to see a large door in front of me; I pushed it open and managed to squeeze inside before it closed.
I turned around. In front of me stood the telepathic beast which I had encountered earlier.
“Are you ready for the ultimate challenge?” It asked.
“I am.” I replied.
With that he shot a fire ball at me, I dived out of the way and rolled behind an icy pillar. I ran to the next pillar shooting my ray gun at the beast, it seemed to have no effect. It then shot another fiery ball at me; I ran shooting my ray gun, still no effect. Then some fire on his chest moved to reveal an icy core, it started turning yellow as if it was charging. I then hid behind an icy rock and an electric blast flew out narrowly missing my head. I looked up the core was being covered up, I had to think fast. I knew it was his weak spot so I grabbed a combat knife out of my boot and threw it at the core it stopped it from closing completely. I then blasted the knife with my ray gun causing the core to melt. The beast collapsed to the floor. I took my knife out and the core regenerated.
“Congratulations,” It said, “you are the only creature in the Galaxy to have managed to defeat me.”
It then handed me a small jar with a little water born creature inside. I suddenly found myself in my spaceship on a course back to Earth. I thought it was all a dream, but then I noticed a small jar in my hand with a small water born creature inside.
Once I arrived back on Earth I was congratulated for my mission. I researched the small creature back at my countryside house. Over the years it developed into a small icy beast that couldn’t melt as it regenerated itself. So here I am to this day, an old man with my little icy friend.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment