Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Charlotte and Zell are in love but the prophecy says that she will kill the one she loves to destroy them all. They decide to find a way to destroy the enemy without having to kill one another. Will they find a way?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
The Night Creatures

Charlotte and Zell are in love but the prophecy says that she will kill the one she loves to destroy them all. They decide to find a way to destroy the enemy without having to kill one another. Will they find a way?
They only have until the time of the Crimson Moon.

Chapter 1

Charlotte was the only female warrior in the Archadian army, the only one in history to fight in a war. The war with the Night Creatures was coming when the moon is at its highest point in the year; it is known as the Crimson Moon. It has its name as the Night Creatures fill the sky with blood and the moon looks a crimson red through all the blood.

It was only seven days until the war would start, it would only last one night but the casualties would be heavy. Charlotte was sharpening her hatchet on the rocks next to her barracks when her commanding officer walked over.
“It seems that the prophecies have chosen you as the one who will end all the suffering from the night creatures, but the prophecies state that you will destroy the one you love to destroy them all.” He said.
“But what does all that mean?” Charlotte replied.
“I do not know, but you will find out in time.” And with that he walked off.
Then Charlotte started cleaning her rifle and checking her ammunition but she couldn’t stop the words repeating in her head.
“But the prophecies state that you will destroy the one you love to destroy them all.”
She kept asking herself what it meant but she couldn’t work it out. Then Charlotte’s childhood friend walked past, his name was Zell, he was 18, a year older than her.
She called him over, “Hey, Zell. Come over here.”
“What?” Zell asked, “Have I done something wrong again?”
“No.” Charlotte replied, “But you seem to be hanging around with your commanding officer a bit too much.”
“What are you saying?” Zell asked.
“You know that you aren’t allowed relationships with your commanding officer.” Charlotte said, “It’s against the rules.”
“Why, Jealous?” Zell replied mockingly.
Charlotte sat there silent, trying not to blush. Zell turned his back and started to walk away, laughing quietly to himself.

That night Charlotte heard a noise outside, so she grabbed her hatchet and started to creep outside; she was confronted by an Orc, it may not be a night creature but it was still dangerous. Charlotte tried to run but her legs wouldn’t move, she tried to scream but her throat was too dry from the fear. She finally managed the find the courage to move, she ran through the streets, the Orc hot on her tail. She hid behind some old barrels, but the Orc could sniff her out, it found her and threw her against the wall, she let out a short high pitch scream. Charlotte managed to hit it with her hatchet but it didn’t even draw blood. The Orc raised its fist to crush her when out of nowhere Zell jumped onto the Orc’s head and thrust his dagger into its eye. The Orc screamed and stumbled backwards. Charlotte was still on the floor, stunned by the fear. Zell drew his shotgun and blew out the Orc’s other eye, it screamed and fell to the floor, it was still moving. Zell reloaded his gun and shot it dead; he then walked over to Charlotte.
“Are you ok?” Zell asked.
“I…I think so.” Charlotte stammered.
“Good, Good I thought that you might have been badly hurt.” Zell replied.
Charlotte stood up, “No, I’m ok.” She said struggling to stand.
“Oh, ok.” Zell said, “And just so you know, I don’t have a relationship with my commanding officer.”
“Ok, I didn’t think you did anyway.” She replied.
They started walking towards charlotte’s tent, when they got there Charlotte started walking towards her tent, and then she threw her hatchet inside.
“Bye.” Zell shouted.
“See you soon.” Charlotte shouted.
Zell turned and started to walk towards his tent. Charlotte ran after him and called his name. Zell turned around; Charlotte grabbed his hand and held him close.
“Thank you.” Charlotte whispered into Zell’s ear.
Charlotte then pulled him closer and began to kiss him gently, Zell kissed her back. Charlotte let go of her embrace and started to walk away. Zell stood there motionless, confused about what had happened.
Charlotte turned around and shouted, “See you tomorrow!”
“Bye.” Zell said so quietly Charlotte couldn’t hear him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment