Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Charlotte and Zell are in love but the prophecy says that she will kill the one she loves to destroy them all. They decide to find a way to destroy the enemy without having to kill one another. Will they find a way?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2
Chapter 2

It was now only six days until the night of the Crimson Moon and the war with the Night Creatures. Charlotte awoke, troubled by her commanding officers words, “The prophecies state that you will destroy the one you love to destroy them all.”
She realised that she loved Zell, would he be the one that she would destroy? She burst into tears and cried into her pillow. After a while she stopped, I will not fulfil the Prophecy I will destroy them all without the help of the Prophecy. She then walked down to the armoury and collected a combat knife and a breast plate.

Charlotte started her walk back to her tent when she ran into Zell.
“Why?” Zell said sounding confused, “why did you kiss me?”
“Over the years I have grown close to you Zell, but now I have realised that I have feelings for you that cannot be explained through only words.” Charlotte replied with tears in her eyes.
Zell could see that she was resisting the urge to cry and held her close with her head on his shoulder. Charlotte started to cry and Zell held her tighter. When Charlotte stopped crying she lifted up her head, her eyes were full of tears.
“What’s the matter?” asked Zell.
“I’m supposed to sacrifice the one I love to destroy all the Night Creatures.” Charlotte explained, “And I love you, and I don’t know how to stop them without the Prophecy.
“Please don’t cry.” Zell said, “We’ll find a way to stop them forever, without the prophecy.”
Charlotte wiped her eyes and held Zell close to her.
“Let me carry that.” Zell said pointing at the heavy breastplate.
Charlotte handed it to him and they walked back to her tent.

They dropped off Charlottes gear and walked to the city park; it was the most beautiful place in the city, the only place where you could hear birds singing and water running. Charlotte sat on a bench with Zell and laid her head on his shoulder. Zell ran his fingers through Charlotte’s hair and then placed his arm around her. Neither of them said anything but they were so happy sitting there together, when it started getting dark Zell realised that Charlotte had fell asleep, he carried her all the way back to his tent and laid her on his bed. Zell watched her sleep; he sat there for hours until without realising he drifted off into sleep. When he awoke Charlotte was nowhere to be seen, so he walked off towards her tent and he found her outside polishing her breastplate. Charlotte looked up and smiled when she realised that it was Zell. He sat down next to her and smiled.
“Its only five days until the war, you know.” Charlotte said.
“Yeah, I know, we’ll think of something.” Zell replied with a tear in his eye.
“I don’t want to lose you.” Charlotte said, “I love you too much.”
“I love you too.” Zell said, placing his arm around her.
“Aww. Young love.” Charlotte’s commanding officer said. “You too remind me of my childhood.”
Charlotte told him of their plan against the Prophecy.
“If you can find a way, I’ll resign and make you two commanding officers.” He said, “Good luck, you’ll need it.”
With that he walked off into the distance whistling all the way.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment