Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Charlotte and Zell are in love but the prophecy says that she will kill the one she loves to destroy them all. They decide to find a way to destroy the enemy without having to kill one another. Will they find a way?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3
Chapter 3

Charlotte found her commanding officer later that day to see if he would allow Zell in her barracks until the next morning. He agreed as they may not have much time left together on this Earth.

That night Zell crept out of the tent as Charlotte slept. He went to the park and sat on the bench where he had held Charlotte in his arms. It was silent, nothing to be heard. After a while there was a sudden splash, Zell turned to face the pond, in front of him stood a Night Flyer. Zell scrambled for his shotgun, then he realised that he had left it back in Charlotte's tent. The Night Flyer lat out a mighty roar and lifted its wings high into the air as they unfolded. Zell ran as the Night Flyer shot out a thousand spikes at Zell, he fell unconscious as one hit him in the arm.

When Zell awoke he was in Charlotte’s bed, with her watching over him. Zell noticed a large gash across her arm.
“What happened?” Zell said, “I thought I was dead for sure.”
“I was awoken by an almighty roar; I grabbed your gun and my hatchet and ran to the park.” Charlotte replied, tears in her eyes. “The Night Flyer was standing over you with its talons ripping across your face.” Charlotte burst into tears. “I thought you were dead, I charged at it firing your gun at its head, thick black blood dripped out of its wound. It then charged at me and hit me with its talons.” Charlotte tried to stop crying.
“Carry on, it’s ok” Zell interrupted.
“I then threw my hatchet at its neck; it fell to the ground in a pool of black blood. I then brought you here and treated your wounds and mine also.” Charlotte burst into a torrent or tears.
“It’s ok, it’s ok now.” Zell said reassuringly.
Zell held Charlotte close and she rested her head on his shoulder. Charlotte finally calmed down and they sat there, they dare not let go of each other.

“Four days now.” Charlotte said, “I’m scared.”
“I know.” Zell replied, “I am too.”
Zell noticed Charlotte’s hatchet on the floor, covered in thick black blood. He sat up on the bed, he then bent down and picked it up, holding it in his hands.
“Why did it come?” Zell asked.
“I don’t know” Charlotte’s commanding officer said who had appeared at the door.
“How long have you been there?” Charlotte asked.
“Since Zell woke up.” He replied, “Well, done Charlotte, you managed to bring down a Dark Flyer on your own, plus you saved Zell’s life.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment