Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - In Your Eyes

This is just a little cute SokkaXToph oneshot about how Toph feels the need to be pretty for Sokka, but Sokka loves her just how she is. A bit fluffy.

Chapter 1 - In Your Eyes

Chapter 1 - In Your Eyes
Sokka's POV
I could tell that Toph hadn't been feeling great lately. I didn't know if she wasn't emotionally feeling well or if she was just physically sick. Either way, I was worried about her. Whenever I tried to talk to her she'd sigh a lot and sound like she was sad. Or maybe just bored. You could never tell with Toph. She talked just fine with Aang, Katara, Zuko, and anyone else who had helped use with the final battle, which bugged me. Usually Toph talked a lot with me, but lately...she hadn't been paying much attention to me. And she'd been acting particularly hostile to Suki...which bugged me but not as much as it probably should have. For a while I figured the weirdness would die off but it didn't...and I'd been getting really jealous and angry because Toph wouldn't talk to me. Could I actually like her as more than a friend? No...but then one day, after being fed up with Toph's strangeness, I went up to her...
Toph's POV
I was sitting on the back porch of our house in Ba Sing Se, listening to my friends talk and laugh. After the final battle, we'd all settled down in Ba Sing Se, with the exception of Zuko and Mai, who'd gone back to the Fire Nation. Aang sometimes would go with them, but usually stayed in the Earth Kingdom, mostly because of Sugar Queen Katara. I was happy that Suki stayed away from Sokka a lot because she was busy retraining with her Kyoshi warriors, but whenever she was around him...I could barely stop myself from punching a rock through her little head. She'd stolen my man! Not that he'd been mine before...but whatever. I knew he'd never liked me before, and he hardly talked to me since he'd continued his relationship with Suki...or was I pushing him away? No, he was pushing me...that's why I was surprised when he came up to me after a while. "Toph, what is wrong with you? You've been moping around everyday since the final battle, but it's only around me, and I want to know what's up!" he demanded, sounding really angry. I was a little surprised but I replied. "Why should you care? I'm just the little blind girl that's too ugly to be your girlfriend...you have Suki, why don't you just go talk to her!" I yelled and stormed off before I could think things through. "Toph..." Sokka called, and then I felt him running after me. His hand caught my arm before I could retreat faster. I turned around slowly, my skin tingling where his touched mine. "Toph...what do you mean?" he asked quietly, his voice so sweet, his face so close to mine I could feel his breathe hot against my cheek. I was mesmerized by what I could "see" of him, so mesmerized that my mind got all fuzzy and I replied truthfully. "It means this," I murmured and placed my lips on his. I could sense his shock, but also I could sense relief and joy, so I kissed him harder. He wrapped his hands around me, tangling his hands in my hair as he pressed my head closer, deepening the kiss. When we finally broke apart, I was breathless. "Toph...how come this didn't happen before between us?" he asked me and I sighed. "Because I didn't want to ruin things between you and Suki. And...the truth is, I didn't ever think you could really love an ugly blind girl." "You're not ugly!" Sokka replied fiercely. He sighed and when he spoke again, his voice was much gentler. "And I don't care that you're blind. I can see a lot of things in your eyes. Beautiful things. You're a beautiful thing, Toph, do you know that." Sokka's hand reached out and touched my cheek. I blushed. "What about Suki?" I asked and I could feel Sokka's anxiety. I wished I hadn't mentioned her. "Well...we'll deal with that when we get there. For now, I just want to see where this relationship can go. I'm tired of not having you around, anyway." he said and I felt a tear of joy slide down my cheek. I punched him in the arm. "I love you, Sokka, you idiot." I growled and he laughed and hugged me.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment