Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Albus Dumbledore

Some say the Potter’s death was the end of Voldemort’s power. Other’s say Harry’s survival was the beginning of hope. But what happened in those few short hours, is not an end or a beginning, but a turning point in the lives of millions.

Chapter 3 - Albus Dumbledore

Chapter 3 - Albus Dumbledore


Albus Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, sat in his office brooding over the recent news of the Wizarding World. It wasn't good. Albus Dumbledore was widely considered to be one of the greatest wizards of all time, but for once in his life he was unsure of what to do. Dumbledore just sat there, thinking.

Presently he looked up and met they eyes of the large scarlet bird, perched on a stand, across the room. “ I know Fawks,” he sighed, “this is just one of those times when a person has to accept that . . .” he was cut off by a roaring in the fireplace. Green flame burst up from nothing and disappeared just as quickly, leaving only a singed letter on the grate. Picking it up Dumbledore's hands began to shake as he read the words:



Professor we haven't much time.

He's gone after the Potter's,

they've been betrayed!



Dumbledore didn't wait to throw a pinch of his own powder into the fireplace. Keeping his voice calm he simply spoke. “Minerva, send Hagrid to me immediately.” At the same time he wrote his own letter and tied it to an owl that had been waiting on his desk. “I believe your destinations been changed.” The owl gave an understanding hoot and took off.



Outside a figure stood watching the tower window. As soon as the owl was well away from the castle a well placed hex froze the bird in mid flight. That letter would never be delivered.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment